Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Wiring up a tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Wiring up a tuber

Search button has gone, so i can't do that.

What do you guys with tubers do about your wiring? I have just finished a 2.2 tuber and am trying to find ways of tidying everything up. At the moment everything is cable tied, but looks messy.

Cheers, Brad.
Udlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

My search button is still here. Anyways, for wiring up tubers, or any rig for that matter, I just keep wiring short as possible, try to wire in bunches, and curl all my thinner wires (servo, bec and esc->rx wires). By curling, I mean taking those wires and wrapping around the shaft of a screwdriver tightly. Once you slide it off of the screwdriver, the wire stays coiled up, which definitely cleans it up a bit.
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

1. Ditch the ON/OFF wiring and switch.

2. Cut motor wires as short as possible. Ditch the 3rd motor wire if using a brushed-compatible brushless ESC with a brushed motor.

3. Double servo and ESC-to-receiver wires back on themselves to the point that the desired length is achieved. Cover with expandable mesh sleeving. Finish ends of sleeving with a short length of heat shrink.

4. (For Spektrum) trim antenna wire to the shortest allowable length.

Also some pre-planning as to where everything will go also helps to keep things tidy. For example, in my AX10 setup I have the steering servo and battery wires to the front, ESC on the front upper links and Rx mounted on the underside of the top plate right above the motor.

Narly1
Narly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the help guys, managed to fit it all in. Found some neat plastic sticky backed clips that made securing leads much easier. Was a tight fit, with a huge brushless motor, Quark controller, 225 dig servo and leads from front and rear steer servo's all into an axial based tuber.

Cheers, Brad.
Udlman is offline   Reply With Quote