Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Nomadio React ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Default Nomadio React ?

I loved my Multiplex 403 for the way it felt in my hand, the screen layout and the way the switches worked. I'm looking at getting a React but I'm not sure how the screen looks or how the switches work.

On my Multiplex channel 3 was 3 positions: A-B-C.
If it was centered (Position B) and I pressed it down it would go down (Position C). If it was centered and I pressed it up it would go up (Position A).

However, if it was up in position A and I pressed it down it would go right down to position C (skipping B). If it was in position A and I pressed it up (yes up) it would then go to Position B, etc.

Same thing for position C to A. Pressing it up form C would go right to A, pressing down from C would then center it on B.

I hope that makes enough sense that someone can tell me if the React does the same thing???

For the screen layout the Multiplex would show what position the extra channels (3-7) were in. Does the Nomadio do that for any of the channels?

While I'm at it ... is the usb cable anything special or can I use a standard cable?

thanks

Last edited by Locked Up; 11-01-2008 at 09:10 PM.
Locked Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Official Cook of the ECC

I thought you went DX3R?
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #3
RCC Addict

the React is Fantastic imho. first the usb, nothign special. any standard usb to mini usb works. you have to connect online to register the unit and d/l the newest software, but it should work out of the box. but if you want to take full advantage of the unit, its best to atleast register the unit, if not get the new software. plus the new software does allow you to operate Spectrum RX unitss, (not sure if hte newest versions are compatible though).

i ve been using one since they were released. like you noted the layout is Very user friendly and easy to navigate.

other then the steering wheel and the throttle/brake trigger, you can program and assign any of the other buttons. any of them inlcuding the top navigation buttons.
ive not seen a chnl readout, but ive not looked. im sure it is there somewhere.
you may want to check out the Nomadio forum at www.nomadio.net/forums (i think thats it, if not, go to www.nomadio.net click on products/React and on the react page you can link to the forums. some good info there.

one thing i love is the onboard readout of batt levels and pretty much any other info, so i suspect the chnl position you want is there, or can have a program wrote to show it if its not already there. the screen basically shows the quality of signal level and how well your connection is between the Tx and Rx, and the tx/rx voltage with out any other sensors. but being used with an esc, you plug into the t/b chnl (2), then you wont get rx voltage readout, but you can buy the batt sensor and get the readout. im going to check out another option that should work to give rx voltages so you can keep an eye on your rx batt level. but the sensors are only 25.00 and all you do is wire in in and plug it in.

i also love the way it works. 4 chnls for plenty of options with full control.
complete mixing of all channels, full adjustments on all channels, 40 model memory 4aa batt pack, can use it as a cpu gaming controller ect...

Davesmotors.com has them for 260.00 plus free shipping too.

Last edited by Timmahh; 11-01-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:52 PM   #4
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
the React is Fantastic imho. first the usb, nothign special. any standard usb to mini usb works. you have to connect online to register the unit and d/l the newest software, but it should work out of the box. but if you want to take full advantage of the unit, its best to atleast register the unit, if not get the new software. plus the new software does allow you to operate Spectrum RX unitss, (not sure if hte newest versions are compatible though).

i ve been using one since they were released. like you noted the layout is Very user friendly and easy to navigate.

other then the steering wheel and the throttle/brake trigger, you can program and assign any of the other buttons. any of them inlcuding the top navigation buttons.
ive not seen a chnl readout, but ive not looked. im sure it is there somewhere.
you may want to check out the Nomadio forum at www.nomadio.net/forums (i think thats it, if not, go to www.nomadio.net click on products/React and on the react page you can link to the forums. some good info there.

one thing i love is the onboard readout of batt levels and pretty much any other info, so i suspect the chnl position you want is there, or can have a program wrote to show it if its not already there. the screen basically shows the quality of signal level and how well your connection is between the Tx and Rx, and the tx/rx voltage with out any other sensors. but being used with an esc, you plug into the t/b chnl (2), then you wont get rx voltage readout, but you can buy the batt sensor and get the readout. im going to check out another option that should work to give rx voltages so you can keep an eye on your rx batt level. but the sensors are only 25.00 and all you do is wire in in and plug it in.

i also love the way it works. 4 chnls for plenty of options with full control.
complete mixing of all channels, full adjustments on all channels, 40 model memory 4aa batt pack, can use it as a cpu gaming controller ect...

Davesmotors.com has them for 260.00 plus free shipping too.
So what if I buy a used one? Will I be able to register it?

Oh and do the switches work like I was saying? Like if I want to go from A to C, etc?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
SCALE PERFORMANCE PARTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
I thought you went DX3R?
I did but I'm not loving the way it handles the dig shifting.
Old 11-02-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
RCC Addict

yes you can re register the unit, BUT the current owner (or registered owner with Nomadio) must contact nomadio and remove the radio from their registered email so it can be re registered. this allows them to track any possilbe stolen units as well as offer customer support to legitimate owners.

im not sure on the chnl info. I think it does. as you scroll thru the tx/rx battery readouts, there is a 3rd screen, i personally have not paid any attention to, but seem to recall it haveing chnl info on it. like it said its pretty customizable for many different things as its a computorized radio.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:21 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

It will do what you talk about with the A-B-C.

I had rear steer set up like this for a while.
I used the 2 position switch, Setup for 3 positions Left-Center-Right. If I was steering right and pressed right again it would turn left. But when steering right if you press left it would go back to center, left again would turn left.

Also the screen will show what position the channel is in.

I would suggest downloading the React desktop, it will show you what programming options are available before you buy.
TLTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote