Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 1/18 Losi 2.4GHz DSM receiver (Rx)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default 1/18 Losi 2.4GHz DSM receiver (Rx)

Have any brother know that ~ there are any different or diff. specification of the Mini Losi 2.4GHz DSM Rx. from Mini Monster Truck RTR (Rx. in red tape) & Mini Rock Crawler (Rx. in blue tape) ?

Someone confirmed that the MRC's (blue tape) Rx. can be band flawlessly with DX3R at previous post, but i want to know the red tape Rx. also perform that with DX3R ?

Thanks anyone can give me hand.......
IS520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Thks for anyone can reply .......... ?
Old 11-21-2008, 02:23 AM   #3
Like a boss...

both will work just fine. I use both with my DX3R and DX3 all the time.

-Mike
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:18 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Thks your reply, Mike

And how about the binding connect, due to this 2 type of Losi 2.4GHz DSM (Rx) have no any buttons & binding key hole, how we can do it ???

And is it only need to bind the Tx with Rx at the first time??? then no need to bind it again anymore .......

Sorry for that i have too many question........ but anyway thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mann0mann View Post
both will work just fine. I use both with my DX3R and DX3 all the time.

-Mike
Old 11-25-2008, 04:50 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

My mini crawler (blue tape) receiver came with a bind plug that you fit into the bind slot on the receiver. Refer to page three of your user manual or go here http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0222Manual.pdf and check out page three. The first the steps should get your receiver ready to bind, and the rest will be a little different seeing as how you are not dealing with the factory radio. You should only have to bind your radio once as long as you save it as a new model on your transmitters model memory.
GixxerGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

OIC, may be i make confuse for the Rx.

If the (blue tape) Rx. with a bind slot & the key plug provided, it is easily to connect together with Tx. as following to the radio manual......

So, how about the (red tape) Rx. ? Is it also come with a bind slot & a key plug ???

Anyway, Thanks for GixxerGeoff's hand.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerGeoff View Post
My mini crawler (blue tape) receiver came with a bind plug that you fit into the bind slot on the receiver. Refer to page three of your user manual or go here http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0222Manual.pdf and check out page three. The first the steps should get your receiver ready to bind, and the rest will be a little different seeing as how you are not dealing with the factory radio. You should only have to bind your radio once as long as you save it as a new model on your transmitters model memory.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I took a look at the los manual for the Mini LST2 at http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...uide_LoRes.pdf and it appears the binding process for the red losi 2.4 receiver is the same and the manual says it comes with a bind plug. The one supplied with the Mini Rock Crawler would work as well... It sounds like mann0mann has his red tape receiver working with a Dx3r
GixxerGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:35 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

It's horizon hobby, spectrum, jr all the same... I belive it is just a 3500 spektrum dsm1. should bind no problemo.... I'm looking at on the of the losi MRC's nice to know I won't need another RX for my dx3r.... Happy turkey weekend all!!!

Cheers,

Rob

sheesh, 3 glasses of Pinot and my typing is OUT THE WINDOW.. If I have to edit or backspace again, I'm-a gonna get angry....

Last edited by rdtshaw; 11-26-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: better than a .08 alcohol level....
rdtshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:12 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

BTW, if the original bind plug is being missing, is there any other bind plug can be replace to it? such as the original bind plug of DX3R 3100 Rx., then to plug-in into red losi 2.4 Rx. to go further binding process.

Anyone try it before......... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerGeoff View Post
I took a look at the los manual for the Mini LST2 at http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/L...uide_LoRes.pdf and it appears the binding process for the red losi 2.4 receiver is the same and the manual says it comes with a bind plug. The one supplied with the Mini Rock Crawler would work as well... It sounds like mann0mann has his red tape receiver working with a Dx3r
Old 11-28-2008, 01:55 AM   #10
Like a boss...

I answered this for you in your other thread. Any Spektrum/Jr/Losi bind plug will work.

I find this to be the easiest way to put a Spektrum RX without a physical/hard bind button into bind mode.

Put the Bind plug into the battery/bind port. Then sse the 4 dry cell alkaline battery rx pack included with the radio or a rechargable RX battery pack to power the RX. Plug it directly into any open channel.

The RX will power on and the LED will flash, signalling "bind" mode. Then follow the instructions to bind on the radio (DX3R - in the menu, DX2/3/Losi - hard button held down while powering on) and after a few secs the LED will go solid, indicating a successful Bind.

Hope this helps,

Mike
mann0mann is offline   Reply With Quote