Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Battery building question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 07:24 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Battery building question

i have two 6 cell sub c packs. I found that one pack has 2 bad cells. I'm looking to take a couple of the good cells from that pack and add them to the good 6 cell pack to make either a 7 or 8 cell pack but i am unsure if i should add the two cells fully charged or discharged to the new pack. I've done my research on how to do it but no one mentions anything about this.
dj23gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 07:42 AM   #2
TEAM MODERATOR

I don't see the difference really....there may be though. For what it's worth,I've swapped cells charged and discharged and have yet to see any ill effects.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
I don't see the difference really....there may be though. For what it's worth,I've swapped cells charged and discharged and have yet to see any ill effects.

X2. I have made plenty of packs and have never seen a difference.
SUPERINVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I guess my main concern is with false peaking. I didn't know if putting differently charged cells together would cause issues and possible not charge the added cells fully. It makes sense in my head but its tough to type out what i'm thinking.
dj23gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Question You got a good point that I know somehow it Do'es ?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj23gsx View Post
I guess my main concern is with false peaking. I didn't know if putting differently charged cells together would cause issues and possible not charge the added cells fully. It makes sence in my head but its tough to type out what i'm thinking.
Welp',... it make's alot of sense an all,...and I like what your thinking too. For I have allway's wonder'd about that too. *But, I have yet to have any problem's taking old 6 cell pack apart and taking the good cell's and making up saddle pack from all the cell's that i've used to remake some good used rematch homemade pack's* And am not smart anuff to answer that "Q" Or able to Answer you fully about what all would be different and (YES it could made some different I know some how ... some way.?!! it would make some kind of different's)___ But' don't ask me what,... or how it would. Your onto to the right thinking before hand that's for sure...Now for now the best you can do is just *DO-IT* (( But,...Somebody has the answer to that thinking too,... I know that much..?!!))__ But, *WHO* that person could be is still the problem,___Just "KEEP asking about it buddy",... And if you do get some good Pro'- advice on this matter...Please share it with the rest of us too__For I myself have allway's wonder'd about that for year's now too__Good luck with this too Dude,__ And I hope someone out there HAS the answer to this "Q" too. "Scoot'er" ((( hey I allway discharge all the cell's first... That I'm, fixing to join together and match them all up the best I could,__And There was one time that I know of that something - somehow one of the pack's had cell's that Did'nt seem to get along with each other as I figure they would have__ So' I just shit can'd them,... And just started over again with some other one's... And I got what I was trying for too)))

Last edited by scootertrash; 02-08-2009 at 11:07 AM.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote