Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Airtronics M11 Settings for Dual Motor Dual Servo Crawlers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #1

Default Airtronics M11 Settings for Dual Motor Dual Servo Crawlers

These are instructions for setting up your dual ESC and dual servo crawler to have full control over each item in your truck. You will need at least a 4 channel receiver with the following connected:
CH1 – Front servo
CH2 – Front ESC
CH3 – Rear servo
CH4 – Rear ESC
This setup will use the mixing functions of the M11 to operate everything independently by using all the switches and the dial on the transmitter.
Feel free to play around with the settings and alter as much as possible. It is best to create a copied model to experiment with making changes once everything is set up.
Your throttle and steering adjustments should be made accordingly to accommodate any other settings you wish to make to the steering or throttle trim or end point adjustments. Please understand that you may have to make slight adjustments.
The BOLD UNDERLINED headings indicate which setting you need to go to, and the values underneath indicate what needs to be changed.

“key”-ASGN ( “key” is an actual picture of a key in front of –ASGN)
Display should look like:
[SW] TRIM
FUNC SW1 SW2 SW3
1: C-MIX2 C-MIX1 TH-HLD
2: ------ ------ ------
3: ------ ------ ------
SET-UP
Change CHANNEL option to 4
C-MIX
Under [C-MIX2] make sure the values are set to the following:
MASTER > ST1 SLAVE AUX
H 150% OFFSET 0
L 150% C-MIX ACT
Under [C-MIX1] make sure the values are set to the following:
MASTER > TH1 SLAVE BR
H 150% OFFSET 0
L 150% C-MIX ACT
BR-MIX
Under BRAKE-MIXING, make sure the values are set to the following:DELAY 2CH 0% 3CH-BRAKE INH
4CH 100% TH-BRAKE CUT INH
TH-HOLD
Under THROTTLE-HOLD, make sure the values are set to the following:
> 0% HOLD 4CH OFF
TH-HOLD INH
S-POS
Under STARTING POSITION, make sure the values are set to the following:S-POS > 0% BRAKE-LOCK INH
ALARM ON LOCK-POINT 0%
EPA
Under END POINT ADJUSTMENT, make sure that the following are set:4CH
- - -
0%B
For ST, TH and 3CH, make adjustments accordingly for your steering and throttle.
SERVO
Before starting, look on the right side of the display. You will see a section with the following: TRM-S L0 D/R 100
TRM-T H0 EPA-B 160
TRM-B H0 3CH 0
Make sure that 3CH is 0. If not, this can be adjusted by turning the Dial on the front panel.
Once this is set, you may continue.
Under SERVO MONITOR you should be able to see the actions that the channels play.
First, move the throttle trigger back and forward and you will notice that THROTTLE and 4CH: BRAKE both correspond together.
You will also notice that when you turn the steering wheel left and right that STEERING and 3CH: AUX also correspond together.
STEERING will indicate your front servo.THROTTLE should indicate your front ESC.
3CH: AUX should indicate your rear servo.
4CH: BRAKE should indicate your rear ESC.
SW1 is located under the Dial on the front panel to the left of the steering wheel.
SW2 is located underneath the transmitter above your thumb next to the throttle trigger.
SW3 is located underneath the throttle trigger on the front face of the handle grip.
~By pressingSW1, it will turn on and off the mixing function for steering. You can independently control the rear steer from the Dial either way. With SW1 pressed, you can control the front steering independently while setting the rear steer to what position you want it to be in. SW1 acts as a stationary switch so it will need to be pressed to be turned on and pressed again to turn off.
~By pressing SW2, it will cause the rear ESC to dig. The only ESC to operate at this time will be the front ESC. SW2 also acts as a stationary switch so it will need to be pressed to be turned on and pressed again to turn off.
~By pressingSW3, it will cause the front ESC to dig. The only ESC to operate at this time will be the rear ESC. *******NOTE******** SW3 is a momentary switch so it will only be active during the time that you hold it.*******NOTE********If SW2 and SW3 are both active at the same time, you will not get any throttle response at all.
John Hallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

This is freakin awsomeJust what I was looking for.

Thnx for sharing,and I hope it works.
xblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Will this controller work with front and rear steer and a dig unit that uses a micro servo and switches? I guess I would use the same settings as above except for on the dig setup right. I am looking at getting one and want to make sure it is what I need before spending that kind of money.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

That worked so slick!You made it too easy for me
xblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Works like a champ thanks
sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

and this will do dual ESC mixing? not just front and rear dig on an MOA??

i just bought one of these radios.

thanks
WOUrugger51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

My buddy helped me figure out how to be able to speed up/turn down the front rear motors.

You assign the CX1-hi function to a trim switch. From there you set it to 75%, and re-calibrate your ESC's. When you go up in %, it slows down the front, and down in % slows down the rear.

This worked on my truck with dual mamba micro pros anywho.

Hope it is helpfull to some
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_The_Battery_Man View Post
My buddy helped me figure out how to be able to speed up/turn down the front rear motors.

You assign the CX1-hi function to a trim switch. From there you set it to 75%, and re-calibrate your ESC's. When you go up in %, it slows down the front, and down in % slows down the rear.

This worked on my truck with dual mamba micro pros anywho.

Hope it is helpfull to some
Would you mind walking us through how you did this??

Also... few Q's to original instructions.

When you set EPA-B to 160... (mine is 100 defalt) It changes
EPA settings to

Is that okay? or do I need to change the EPA settings back? Im assuming its alright since we set all the EPA before we check the EPA-B?

Also... whey I go to the SERVO MONITER... the throttle and steering arnt exactly the same... one is always behind the other...

Last edited by MOTORRAD; 10-07-2010 at 11:39 PM.
MOTORRAD is offline   Reply With Quote