Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Servo reversing wire harness possesion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Servo reversing wire harness possesion

I have a losi mrc which I have turned into a sot of scaler jeep wrangler. Recently I ordered the parts that were necessary to put rear steering on it. After waiting and waiting and shipping problems and more waiting they finally got here so after my parts were on and its time to roll, my rear steering starts to twitch after a few minutes. I turn it off and then back on and it might or might not twitch.but will within a minute or two. I want to use the stock electronics for now that is why im using the reversing harness. If I try to ignore the twitching the rear ends up at an almost full turn either right or left and i do some form up an unwanted dogtrack. I'm running 2 hitec 645's and like I said stock electronics. I dont know the harness brand it came from my lhs.Is this something that is a frequent problem with this type of setup or maybe I got a lemon harness?
CrawlinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #2
Holmes Hobbies

External bec,your pulling way to much voltage from the esc servo voltage.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
RCC Addict

external bec? i dont understand but i do understand pulling way to much from esc voltage. solvable?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

bec= battery eliminator circuit - Castle Creations makes a good one & it has programable voltage output. Just wire it in to the power wires for both servos - black & red & leave the signal wire for the servos connected to your rx.
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
RCC Addict

http://www.rcboca.com/castle-bec.html is this the circuit you mean and is this the only thing necessary to solve my problem? I'm just asking because some of this electronics is new to me and my lhs is very very limited.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
RCC Addict

also is it possible to just add a channel to my stock transmitter because the esc does have an aux output on it im assuming that could be used to control a seperate servo
Old 03-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #7
Holmes Hobbies

Yep,Thats it,No you can't add another channel to the TX.It just adds voltage to servo's.I'm not sure what esc your using but I have never heard of one having aux output.Now your reciever will have an aux input but its for a battery pack to run servo's in a nitro rig
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
Yep,Thats it,No you can't add another channel to the TX.It just adds voltage to servo's.I'm not sure what esc your using but I have never heard of one having aux output.Now your reciever will have an aux input but its for a battery pack to run servo's in a nitro rig
alright ill get that part and sorry i didnt mean esc....i meant reciever and now I know what the aux is for. I just figured is was another output that would be usable with a 3channel transmitter. I'm learnin as I go and this forum is like getting to cheat sometimes. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlinMike View Post
also is it possible to just add a channel to my stock transmitter because the esc does have an aux output on it im assuming that could be used to control a seperate servo
The aux output on the esc is a 6volt power source. It is normally used to power a cooling fan for the esc. It is part of the bec of the esc.
One-eyed Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #10
RCC Addict

While I have got a thread going.....I bought a new bright a few weeks ago fo the body and threw the rest away.....except for the battery-a standard 9.6 volt new bright battery. Is this usable if I break it down for a losi mrc?if so then what would you recommend doing to acheive the desired effect? or should I chuck it in the trash?