Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: JR XS3, 3rd channel to 3 position?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #1

Default JR XS3, 3rd channel to 3 position?

I have an older JR XS3 radio (4 yrs?, I got it right after they came out before 2.4s were available). The 3rd channel has two settings, 2 position and linear. When in linear, the servo moves as you press the button up and down, but there is no specific points like a 3 position. I am wondering about using this radio for dig, and I know a 3 position setup would work better.

Would it be possible to switch the switch to a 3 position? I can solder and what not, but I would need some specific directions to be confident in doing it. I am wanting to use the Eritex dig. I supposed I could use the linear setting, but it may be difficult to get the collar in exactly the right spot.
suchmuchfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Mic
Rock Crawler

I use it all the time. Would work perfect for the Etrix DIG.

Here is a response I gave to someone before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
It does not have the traditional 3 position switch but you can simulate a 3 position switch. Start with the 3rd channel set up for 2p in the menu ( I also use grip C button). Center your 3rd channel trim to zero. Now you go from 2. neutral (center) to 1. left microswitch, hit servo reverse and you go to 3. right microswitch.

I keep it so I have front DIG with the grip C button normally when I need rear burn it is a quick servo reverse (hit one button (increase or decrease on under the LCD) and grip C and I now have rear burn. Keep the AUX servo reverse screen up and it is very intuitive. I hit it with my thumb knuckle to reverse the servo. The key to this setup is that you start with you AUX channel at zero trim and leave it there. The trim points and EPAs for position 2 and simulated 3 are not independently adjustable. I use it all the time and it works great.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #3

Thanks, I'll do some experimenting to give that a try.
suchmuchfun is offline   Reply With Quote