Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle creations BEC and castle link?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

JIA'sdad, the CC link is universal. It works for the BEC, the sidewinder, the monster max...

Profit, the pic on the Ebay sale is a USB cable. the Castle link does NOT have the larger rectangle connector. Maybe the putz shoved it in a BEC bag with a pricetag. if it came with a Mamba Max, it shouldn't have had a $29 tag on it...

pm me you address and I'll send you what you need. I've got to have at least 7 Castle links, and a ton of cables.

Last edited by HBRC; 04-22-2009 at 11:43 PM.
HBRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRC View Post
Oh, and for what it's worth, the Monster Max does not have an onboard USB port, but it does come with a castle link, and a USB cable.
I'm confused about what you just said. If the MM does not have a USB port- then how does the USB cable or Castle link plug into it?

My Mamba Max on my Slash has a port on the side of it for me to plug in a USB cable. Are you talking about the Sidewinder maybe?
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfitOfDoom View Post
I understand now about what part is needed "sorry for all the confusion guys,thanks for explaining,im sure you guys were ready to pull out your hair,lol" But its still confusing on what I got from the guy,now he said it this was for his mamba max esc "which a castle link usb and software comes with right?"
But what I got looks to be bought separate and it even has a $24.95 price tag still on the package,and says Castle link USB Programming Kit,For use with all castle creations brushless speed controllers,so is this a different castle link,,or this is the regular one,,but im just short the part I need to plug in at servo ends?

From the pic on the ebay listing he is selling the usb cable and the cd with packaging. But he must have lost or given away his link piece. You do need that other piece to get the servo wires to connect.

Here is a link from tower. the piece you are missing is the PHX link.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXGVR8&P=ML

From here the only thing to do is see if a buddy has the PHX link piece or go down and buy a new one with everything in it. Be careful with the PHX link. I have lost one from my computer desk and then I had to buy another one. it is pretty small when in your hands.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:43 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudman View Post
I'm confused about what you just said. If the MM does not have a USB port- then how does the USB cable or Castle link plug into it?

My Mamba Max on my Slash has a port on the side of it for me to plug in a USB cable. Are you talking about the Sidewinder maybe?

He was talking about the Monster Max. Not the Mamba Max. The Monster doesn't have a built in usb port for the wire so you would have to use the full castle link setup like when plugging in your BEC.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

OK, the MONSTER MAX has no USB port. needs a Castle link and USB cable. (it's the big 8th scale ESC, sorry for the confusion, it was mentioned earlier)

Mamba Max has USB port, needs only usb cable.

Sidewinder no USB, needs Castle link and usb

Crazy beat me to it.

can't really call the Castle ESC's MM's any more. there's two MM's.

Last edited by HBRC; 04-22-2009 at 11:48 PM.
HBRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfitOfDoom View Post
I understand now about what part is needed "sorry for all the confusion guys,thanks for explaining,im sure you guys were ready to pull out your hair,lol" But its still confusing on what I got from the guy,now he said it this was for his mamba max esc "which a castle link usb and software comes with right?"
But what I got looks to be bought separate and it even has a $24.95 price tag still on the package,and says Castle link USB Programming Kit,For use with all castle creations brushless speed controllers,so is this a different castle link,,or this is the regular one,,but im just short the part I need to plug in at servo ends?
That sucks man. You basically got ripped off. The software that is on the cd can be downloaded by anyone at anytime on Castle Creations web site for free. And yes the usb cable comes with most any digital device out there, ei... ipod, digital camera.... You basically bought a usb cable and a plastic bag. I almost made a similar mistake when I first started to use Castle products.
For future reference... if you're unsure of something call Castle Creations directly, they'll help you out.
crazy_kanaka is offline   Reply With Quote