Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Castle creations BEC and castle link?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Castle creations BEC and castle link?

Ok,I just tried hooking up the BEC to my pc to up it to 6v,and Where the hell is the usb port on the BEC?
I cut off my entire blue shrink wrap and dont see any where to plug it up?
ProfitOfDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
TEAM MODERATOR

You need the Castle Link. The Mamba Max is the only thing I'm aware of that you don't need this link to change settings.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I have the castle creations programing kit,comes with the lil funky looking cd and usb cable,but I dont see how to hook up the usb to the BEC?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
You need the Castle Link. The Mamba Max is the only thing I'm aware of that you don't need this link to change settings.
You are correct. You need the castle link. It makes it so you can plug the servo connector in to it and change it that way. Yes the mamba max and MM monster are the only two that plug right in with the USB cable.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfitOfDoom View Post
I have the castle creations programing kit,comes with the lil funky looking cd and usb cable,but I dont see how to hook up the usb to the BEC?

Then you are missing a part in there. There is supposed to be a piece that the other end of the usb plugs into. You might take it back and get a new one.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Missing a part that came with the castle link,,,or missing a part that came with the BEC?
Old 04-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Missing a part that came with the castle link,,,or missing a part that came with the BEC?
Click the link I gave you in my first reply. Thats what you need.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:

A part that came with the Castle Link. Check out the link up top and you will see the part that we are talking about.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...6&cat=2&page=1
Thats all I see when I clicked on link?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php...6&cat=2&page=1
Thats all I see when I clicked on link?

Here try this one from the Castle site.

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...stle_link.html
Old 04-22-2009, 10:20 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Mine dont even look like that?
This is mine...
Old 04-22-2009, 10:24 PM   #12
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
This is mine...

Buddy...thats your BEC. You need the Castle link in order to change the settings.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:26 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
This is mine...
What you have in your hand is the BEC, NOT the Casle link. The Castle link is a whole seperate unit that looks similar to the BEC but smaller.

The Castle link has a USB port and servo wire coming out of it- and that accepts the other servo wire from the BEC.
Mudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:35 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

lol,Sorry I get you now,,,I thought they were demonstrating how to hook it up in the pick.
But is there a similar castle link that is just for Mamba max? I bought this from Ebay "used" the seller mentioned its for programming a mamba max esc,and he used it,but sold the mamba max esc and no longer need this. So is there a seperate castle link,,or did he just short me a part?
Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
lol,Sorry I get you now,,,I thought they were demonstrating how to hook it up in the pick.
But is there a similar castle link that is just for Mamba max? I bought this from Ebay "used" the seller mentioned its for programming a mamba max esc,and he used it,but sold the mamba max esc and no longer need this. So is there a seperate castle link,,or did he just short me a part?
The Mamba Max ESC does not need the Castle link, because it has one internally. You can plug a USB directly into the Mamba Max ESC and then into the computer for programming.

The Mamba Max comes with the CD and USB cable.

Wait, now that I think of it- the person just sold you a BEC rather than a Castle link.

Last edited by Mudman; 04-22-2009 at 10:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

No I had a CC bec already installed on my crawler,but its at stock 5.1v,Plus I got a sidewinder on order which they say you can tweak them if you have this castle link,,so on my ebay hunting the other day I see this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120409015359
So I figure its a good deal,,but I guess im missing parts? I guess its not his fault,he mentioned what you see is what you get,,I just didnt know what to look for.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Dude, that ebay auction is for a USB cable. It came with a Mamba Max. The Mamba Max DOES NOT need a castle link. The seller is a clueless putz.

One end of the castle link cable will be a mini USB on a little circuit board, and the other end will have a plug for the receiver end of the ESC.

The pic from castle is misleading, it shows both end of the USB cable, but only one end of the Castle Link.

You will still need the USB cable (just like in the ebay link... if you want one, pm me your address, I'll ship it to you).

Oh, and for what it's worth, the Monster Max does not have an onboard USB port, but it does come with a castle link, and a USB cable.
Attached Images

HBRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

There are Castle products(2.0 or the newer 3.12) for the mamba maxx which you have.

Then there is the CC Link system that is only for programing a CC BEC, a totally different item you must buy,(the item in the link give to you at top) this item does not work on a Mamba Maxx. It look similar to a bec but smaller. One end plugs into the bec wire and the other to your computer wire conection.

Last edited by JIA's Dad; 04-22-2009 at 11:13 PM.
JIA's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

I understand now about what part is needed "sorry for all the confusion guys,thanks for explaining,im sure you guys were ready to pull out your hair,lol" But its still confusing on what I got from the guy,now he said it this was for his mamba max esc "which a castle link usb and software comes with right?"
But what I got looks to be bought separate and it even has a $24.95 price tag still on the package,and says Castle link USB Programming Kit,For use with all castle creations brushless speed controllers,so is this a different castle link,,or this is the regular one,,but im just short the part I need to plug in at servo ends?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I understand now about what part is needed "sorry for all the confusion guys,thanks for explaining,im sure you guys were ready to pull out your hair,lol" But its still confusing on what I got from the guy,now he said it this was for his mamba max esc "which a castle link usb and software comes with right?"
But what I got looks to be bought separate and it even has a $24.95 price tag still on the package,and says Castle link USB Programming Kit,For use with all castle creations brushless speed controllers,so is this a different castle link,,or this is the regular one,,but im just short the part I need to plug in at servo ends?
your short the most important part! The USB isn't really needed to buy considering most people already have one for their computers/digital cameras, and so on.

What you have is the correct packaging for the Castle link- but you in fact did not actually get a castle link. Just the CD and USB cable that the kit comes with. So your missing the main part- which is what the BEC and USB plug into.