Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: help configuring a sidewinder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #1

Default help configuring a sidewinder

I need to configure manually my new sidewinder to run with a brushed Integy 55T.
I go crazy with the beeps and lights and dont get it.....
If somebody around here had one...... but I live in Spain and I´m alone.

Is there anyway to actually understand the beeps and go to the last menu (the one that switches the SW from brushless to brushed) without having to go though all the tecno music beep party.

I go crazy and can keep the count.

Thanks
Eduardo
cybersniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
Gold Star Baby!

Default sidewinder

hey try this link to see if it helps:http://www.castlecreations.com/products/sidewinder.html
at the bottom is a PDF file that is the same instruction manual you get with the ESC
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:41 PM   #3

Default I already have that

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
hey try this link to see if it helps:http://www.castlecreations.com/products/sidewinder.html
at the bottom is a PDF file that is the same instruction manual you get with the ESC
I need some more help ..... I cant follow the instructions becsue i dont know what the ring and the beeps are????

The SW starts to make noises and I dont hear those 4 beeps that should start the programming... olus the lights go crazy......

Really complex if somebody that "already knows" does not help.

HELP PLEASE
Ed
Old 05-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #4
Gold Star Baby!

ok the noise is produced from the motor not the speed control..be sure your esc plug is plugged into the right slot on the receiver . Im not sure what else to help you with but i will try any way i can
I have a sidewinder and had my own issues but with help i figured it all out
if you continue to have problems the CC support via email works real well they will help any way they can too !!

Good Luck
CRAWLER-DAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #5

I answered this question last week in a thread. I had the exact question. I bought a sidewinder, went through the initial set up and realized it was for brushless and finally realized that I needed to change the programing to brushed. PLEASE read the book that comes with the esc. You also need to place the connected esc in a position where you can see the lights. Don't worry about the beeps. Start on page 20. When it is ready you will the lights beep twice and then pause and beep twice. NExt you will go through all of the programing. Remember one you choose yes it goes onto the next question. My worked after the first time.

Please see last weeks post.

I just bought a sidewinder yesterday and had the exact same problem. Read the book on how to set it up manually. It is real easy and takes about 10 minutes to run through all of the different setting using forward to answer yes and reverse to answer no on your reciever. Mine worked after the first time through. The last question it will ask you is to switch to brushed with forward and reverse. Once you answer yes you will hear and see the ESC light up and then it is set.

I also want to get the computer adapter but with a little patience the manual setting worked great for me today. I will agree I was a little frustrated when I first tried to set it up not knowing the default is for brushless.

First impressions are that this esc is awesome.

Enjoy!!!
DavidR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 11:55 PM   #6

I went through the same process.....nightmarish.

The connector was the best $35 I spent...I've changed the configuration many times since....
SgtDoogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER-DAD View Post
ok the noise is produced from the motor not the speed control..
That's helpful except the brushed motor doesn't make any noise until it is in brushed mode. No sounds does make it difficult to get the SW into brushed mode.

It took me a few goes trying to read it in the manual as I went through the sequences and still didnt get it right so I printed page 22 of the Drivers Ed manual and highlighted the options I wanted. The other thing I did was answer YES to everything until I got to the MOTOR Mode. These couple of things made it a easy job. Once I got it beeping in brushed mode I reprogrammed the options I wanted but with sound this time.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:34 PM   #8

Default I will do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRoo View Post
That's helpful except the brushed motor doesn't make any noise until it is in brushed mode. No sounds does make it difficult to get the SW into brushed mode.

It took me a few goes trying to read it in the manual as I went through the sequences and still didnt get it right so I printed page 22 of the Drivers Ed manual and highlighted the options I wanted. The other thing I did was answer YES to everything until I got to the MOTOR Mode. These couple of things made it a easy job. Once I got it beeping in brushed mode I reprogrammed the options I wanted but with sound this time.
Good idea
I will try today, thanks
eduardo