RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   winch AND dig off of 3rd channel? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/178123-winch-dig-off-3rd-channel.html)

72Blazer 05-12-2009 06:12 PM

winch AND dig off of 3rd channel?

I have an idea for my scaler build.I want to use both a winch and a dig off of the 3rd channel on my DX3. I was thinking I could use a "Y" harness and a 3 pole ,2 position switch.The switch would be tied in to the power wire from the esc and the output from each side of the switch,one would go to the power wire on the winch and one to the power wire on the dig.This way there will be power to either the winch or dig but not to both at the same time.Make sense? Will it work?
I would be running the dig constantly but if I need the winch,flick a switch to pull myself out.When done,flick the switch again to dig and drive off.

Tupers 05-12-2009 07:23 PM

Yeh that should work, I may even try it my self. "thumbsup"

Rogue 05-12-2009 08:36 PM

It'll work, but the better option for a switch is a double pole double throw switch. That way your not only switching the positive wire but also the signal wire. I did it on my Tundra scaler but instead of a dig I had a 3 speed and winch. It worked for a while with the single pole switch but had some issues. then after going to a double pole double throw switch that solved everything. I also used a three position switch were I could shut power off to both the winch and shift servo.

Arct1k 05-13-2009 04:34 AM

Might be worth looking at the Punk RC computer...

MDcrawler72 05-14-2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 1791011)
It'll work, but the better option for a switch is a double pole double throw switch. That way your not only switching the positive wire but also the signal wire. I did it on my Tundra scaler but instead of a dig I had a 3 speed and winch. It worked for a while with the single pole switch but had some issues. then after going to a double pole double throw switch that solved everything. I also used a three position switch were I could shut power off to both the winch and shift servo.

What switch did you use? I need the same setup for my Highlift 6x6.

Thanks

72Blazer 05-14-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue (Post 1791011)

Thanks for the input.I hope they make a double pole micro switch,I want the switch to look like a shifter.Well its off to Radio Shack

Happy_trucker 05-14-2009 06:28 PM

Hey Rogue what kind of remote are you using on your Tundra??