Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Lipo Rear Upper Link???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Lipo Rear Upper Link???

how can i put a lipo battery on the rear links of an ax-10 crawler. what sort of brace or holder can i use to put a lipo on the rear links?? crawler has 4 link set up. also any one know what is the largest lipo i could put on the rer upper links of an ax-10 crawler?

wanting to go lipo and want to use the biggest battery possible for the most power and longest run time.
BMFOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 06:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I would seriously try to find a way to keep your battery on the front axle of that AX10. There are plent of battery plates that will accomodate a lipo if you move the servo to one side or the other. Here is my setup:

That is a plate from DNA and a Zippy 1500 mAh 3S lipo.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I would seriously try to find a way to keep your battery on the front axle of that AX10. There are plent of battery plates that will accomodate a lipo if you move the servo to one side or the other. Here is my setup:
That is a plate from DNA and a Zippy 1500 mAh 3S lipo.
the reason i was considering the rear upper links is because the front axle has a limited size and i thought the rear axle would allow me to attach a bigger lipo. do you have a llink to DNA plate so i can look at the battery/servo plate???
i have looked at zippy and rhino batteries. just waiting to decide where i am going to put the battery before i buy one of those batteries. thanks for your reply.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well, this isnt the exact version that I have (mine is made from carbon fiber), but here is the DNA plate:
http://www.shoprchq.com/catalog/i17.html

What do you mean by bigger? The battery I showed above is a 3S, which means that it is as tall as most other 3S batteries, and is a 1500mAh (for more mAh, the batts are usually longer). 1500mAh will give a good runtime! I just ran a comp this past weekend and the battery lasted for all courses and about 30 minutes of playtime afterward.....and that's running a Cobalt 7T Puller motor!

I run the same batteries in my scaler as well.....and I'll get bored before the battery dies.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Ya can just cut a piece of plastic to fit on top your links, punch a hole in each coner to zip tie it on and use velcro to attach the battery. Pretty simple, but really I get about an hour run time on my 1500 3s mounted on the front axle. My brain doesn't last that long crawling. I'm thinking of getting 850s or so to save some weight/room. But it is nice out bashing to not have run back to the truck to recharge. I guess more batterys in my future.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Ya can just cut a piece of plastic to fit on top your links, punch a hole in each coner to zip tie it on and use velcro to attach the battery. Pretty simple, but really I get about an hour run time on my 1500 3s mounted on the front axle. My brain doesn't last that long crawling. I'm thinking of getting 850s or so to save some weight/room. But it is nice out bashing to not have run back to the truck to recharge. I guess more batterys in my future.
thanks for your reply. i guess an hour of crawling is enough before needing a break