Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Do I need an external BEC?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 10:11 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
I have the havoc 3s ballistic for my slash, have you heard of any issue's with it while running 3s? I read somewhere of some problems and an external BEC was needed. Ill be getting a 3s soon and wanna make sure it will work correctly. Thanks
There are probably issues due to the included External BEC is only 3amp.
ScalerLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #22

Default Re: Do I need an external BEC?

I will be receiving a axial G6 by the end of the week .my question is is the castle creation sw3 (sidewinder) and 5700kv motor combo a good set up ???? As I am new to the crawling scene and should I add castle (BEC) .Iam on a budget of $150 . 00 thanks for any help its a stock set up G6 running a flysky radio .
fishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:05 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

That SV3 is non sensored, so it will be very chopping going slow, not to mention the extremely fast motor. The speed control itself would be great, with a 35t brushed motor paired to it, should be great for that truck.

nice thing about the sv3 is the waterproof ness already done, and be able to program it for drag break and that sort of things, which are good to have for a trail / crawlerish type truck.

If you wanted brushless you would want to go with a MMP or a tekin RS, or maybe a less known chinese brand (xerun, etc.) but you would definately want it to be sensored, and probably a 17.5 or 13.5 motor would be plenty fast (13.5 would ride wheelies). But those are definately going to cost you more.

If you get a star or wait till you get the correct number or posts and time you could probably find a decent used setup in the classifieds for what your looking to spend, or less.

Good luck.
tgh117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Build it, drive it. If the rig acts up when you input steering or stall the servo.....you need a BEC - most descent stalled servos can pull well over 5 amps and if thats all you got.....BROWN OUT!

Reference all stickies in the electronics section as well as the majority of threads here as well.....
redsawacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Yes.
TheAxialNut is offline   Reply With Quote