Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: quick radio interference question,HELP!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2004, 11:13 AM   #21
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Default Re: quick radio interference question,HELP!!!!!

Dave,

I would NOT cut any wires with your setup, you just don't need to. Cutting the red wire from the ESC connector to the receiver will accomplish the same as just not turning your ESC power switch on.

So when you run the truck you should leave the ESC power switch OFF, and turn on your receiver pack switch. Then when your receiver pack dies you can turn that switch off and turn the ESC switch on and still be able to steer and drive the truck (with less power to the servos of coarse). If you cut the red wire on the ESC you will not have this capability.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2004, 01:47 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Ok, so now that it's cut and the shitty LHS doesn't have the connector what do I do? I always had the ESC switch on and if I left it off it would run funny. I think I'll use my other ESC for now and run it like I have been.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
Ok, so now that it's cut and the shitty LHS doesn't have the connector what do I do? I always had the ESC switch on and if I left it off it would run funny. I think I'll use my other ESC for now and run it like I have been.
I ran a Rooster like I told you and it worked fine, I don't run a switch on the rx pack either, I have easy access to the rx batt plug.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:12 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

so do you tihnk that because I ran the rx pack down and kept runnig the servo's got hot and took a crap because the main batt was dyeing, the rx pack was dead and the were still getting signals to work? I'm just trying to figure this out. So i found a connector online and ordered it today. So I'll re-connect my esc red wire and leave the switch off, but I could swear that I'd forgotten to turn it on before and had some funny stuff happen.
Badger we need to get together and figure this out.

So I ordered two Blue Bird servo's today and those connectors hopefully it will get here this week but I doubt it. I sent my 645MG's out yesterday fedex 2 day so they'll get them tomorrow then I should get them back by the end of the follwing week when i get back from Vegas. I'm getting really impatient not driving it.
Old 09-30-2004, 12:17 AM   #25
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckjeep
I ran a Rooster like I told you and it worked fine, I don't run a switch on the rx pack either, I have easy access to the rx batt plug.
So you just plugin/unplug the rx battery when you want to use it?

I personally would not do that. It is very easy to install a rx switch. Pluging and unpluging that connector into the receiver will wear on that receiver eventually just like any computer part.

rckjeep, we deffinitly need to hook up one of the week ends and work on your truck.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:27 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Ya I found a switch that works. I have no Idea why I have it but it's in. I need tidy up the wires but, no biggie. Ya lets do it. Maybe some weekend evening or night. Unless that takes up some of your swinging time. Or was it cross dressing I can't keep them straight, get it?

What are your plans this weekend? During the day I really need to work on my Jeep, but either friday or saturday night would work for me. LMK

Oh two things, I still have that 33" BFG MT and do you have those masher 2k's? call me later