Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig ESC Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by meffie View Post
Something tells me sarcasm is lost on you, must be a lonely existance!
No I got exactly what you were saying. I just decided to say it in a more direct manner.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2010, 03:24 PM   #182
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
No I got exactly what you were saying. I just decided to say it in a more direct manner.
Common man, this things never gonna be released, at least we can have some fun while we wait for old age to set in!
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #183
I wanna be Dave

Lets hope when it is released its 100% and all issues are correct
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:05 AM   #184
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Ok, let me post it for the 9,000,000th time, is it here yet?What's the big deal? Just buy two FXR's and forget about it, as the weight ought to be similar, and they are proven.....Not bug laden like the M2 must be.

Shame on Novak for creating the hype for something they can't release.
Just a stab at "the big deal", but it might have something to do with built in dig/individual motor speed/less space needed/cleaner wiring, not to mention near half the price of getting all that in other forms? But thats just a stab.
Fattymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:09 AM   #185
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Losi has their own electronics, they're not partenered with Novak. Besides, why would you want a Losi MOA?
Why wouldn't you want a Losi MOA?
Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 AM   #186
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattymojo View Post
Just a stab at "the big deal", but it might have something to do with built in dig/individual motor speed/less space needed/cleaner wiring, not to mention near half the price of getting all that in other forms? But thats just a stab.
Actually two fxrs & a 6ex or dx6 stick radio will give ya dig/individual motor speed/less space needed/cleaner wiring and cost less than the m2 setup. Oh yeah, ya can get it now and not have to deal with all novak's games.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #187
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Actually two fxrs & a 6ex or dx6 stick radio will give ya dig/individual motor speed/less space needed/cleaner wiring and cost less than the m2 setup. Oh yeah, ya can get it now and not have to deal with all novak's games.
How do you figure? the 2FXR's alone is like 160% the price of the m2 not including your stick RX/TX..
Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #188

Quote:
Novak has been in the ESC game for years, I doubt they are fighting a design issue. More than likely, and this is just a stab, they have a supply problem.

Quote:
Why wouldn't you want a Losi MOA?
The Losi is a great shafty, probably the best on the market at the moment. As an MOA the worm gears present an even bigger critical flaw. Drive a Berg/Bully, then drive a Losi MOA. If you still think a Losi MOA is better, I invite you to any of the large comps to compete with it, we'll see how it does then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
I agree with everything except the cost, FXR's are more expensive than an M2.

Quote:
How do you figure? the 2FXR's alone is like 160% the price of the m2 not including your stick RX/TX..
Yup.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:23 AM   #189
Quarry Creeper

it could be something as simple as a tolerance % issue on one cap or resistor from a bad supply or run of product....to a moisture/waterproofing issue. these guys have been in the game for quite some time....

maybe a couple old T4s would work till then... i could cook steaks right on the trail with the heat sinks.....
ClassicGMJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #190
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Novak has been in the ESC game for years, I doubt they are fighting a design issue. More than likely, and this is just a stab, they have a supply problem.

The Losi is a great shafty, probably the best on the market at the moment. As an MOA the worm gears present an even bigger critical flaw. Drive a Berg/Bully, then drive a Losi MOA. If you still think a Losi MOA is better, I invite you to any of the large comps to compete with it, we'll see how it does then.
Never said anything about their product or supply issue, just saying why its a "big deal to some people" and thats why they want it so bad.

Never said anything about a conversion MOA. Losi i bet could make a killer MOA thats meant to be a MOA. Not a Eritex knock off.(i would never want a LCC MOA conversion)
Old 06-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #191

Quote:
Never said anything about their product or supply issue, just saying why its a "big deal to some people" and thats why they want it so bad.

Never said anything about a conversion MOA. Losi i bet could make a killer MOA thats meant to be a MOA. Not a Eritex knock off.
It's a "big deal" to me because I feel that their product will provide an advantage over my current setup. The fact that they had a press release months ago yet there still isn't anything to purchase is what annoys me. It's ok really, I've been doing just fine with what I have and will continue to do so.

I'm sure Losi could have made a great MOA, but they didn't. When you say "Losi MOA" people think about the conversions, not some crazy idea you had in your head.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:44 AM   #192
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It's a "big deal" to me because I feel that their product will provide an advantage over my current setup. The fact that they had a press release months ago yet there still isn't anything to purchase is what annoys me. It's ok really, I've been doing just fine with what I have and will continue to do so.

I'm sure Losi could have made a great MOA, but they didn't. When you say "Losi MOA" people think about the conversions, not some crazy idea you had in your head.
I agree, Its a big deal to me as well. I would like to order this ESC along with the Axial MOA. Just not sure i want to order it and wait a decade to build the Axial. As far as the Losi MOA, i guess i could have been more specific i just dont consider the LCC conversion a valid MOA because you cant really get the full ability of MOA with the set up the LCC has.

Last edited by Fattymojo; 06-22-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #193

Quote:
I agree, Its a big deal to me as well. I would like to order this ESC along with the Axial MOA. Just not sure i want to order it and wait a decade to build the Axial. As far as the Losi MOA, i guess i could have been more specific i just dont consider the LCC conversion a valid MOA because you cant really get the full ability of MOA with the tight links on a LCC.
My advice, don't wait. Make your wallet do the talking. The Axial MOA is not worth waiting on for an ESC when there are other options available.

The Losi MOA conversion problem, from my experience, is'nt with the conversion, but the worm stall. Yes you can dial it out with dual ESCs, but it is so terrible that it isn't worth it. Losi's should stay as shafty's.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #194
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
My advice, don't wait. Make your wallet do the talking. The Axial MOA is not worth waiting on for an ESC when there are other options available.

The Losi MOA conversion problem, from my experience, is'nt with the conversion, but the worm stall. Yes you can dial it out with dual ESCs, but it is so terrible that it isn't worth it. Losi's should stay as shafty's.
Its not my wallet that needs to do the talking. I know there are many options for a MOA set up. But i really like the idea of having all the basic parts in 1 little ESC(Dig,duel motor control..) I could just purchase 2x FXR and a Punk and call it a day, but that takes up so much more room and more money.

If it were to come out sometime this week as stated for the new release date(late june) i will try it out for sure and see how it goes. If it gets pushed again i will not look back and explore other options.

Last edited by Fattymojo; 06-25-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #195
Quarry Creeper

Just spoke with them. They just pushed it back again to Aug....
Old 06-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #196

Quote:
Just spoke with them. They just pushed it back again to Aug....
Awesome!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #197
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Awesome!

Alright
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #198
Pebble Pounder

That's ok, were hibernating in AZ. It's too hot to crawl. Hopefully it's ready when it cools down.
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 PM   #199
Quarry Creeper

She actually said "hopefully by Aug"

I just ordered up a few FXR's and a Novak dig to try out.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #200
Quarry Creeper

Default come on

You better release this thing, my wood aint gonna last much longer.
rooktakesqueen is offline   Reply With Quote