RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Novak M2 Dig ESC Combo (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/203992-novak-m2-dig-esc-combo.html)

prophetz 07-19-2010 09:03 PM

The crawling marker is a small % of Novak's sales. They are going to and will move anything to do with racing to the front of the line! It is a good business decision! On the other hand, saying that you are making widget X and it will be out in a month, then pushing it back several times. Thats just piss poor marketing!
I Would like to see Castle make a ESC like the one Novak is proposing.
I have 2 FXR's, they work great. I just don't like the dig button setup. I can never get used to it! Push to dig, push again to disengage dig. I'm just not comfortable with it! I love the button layout of my DX3R. I am not going to use sticks, for one I'm not flying anything and two this isn't 1982! Some people are comfortable with them. Variety is the spice of life I guess!

Charlie 07-21-2010 08:58 AM

Howdy Rock Fans!

Been down at Novak for the past few days. The racing project that was taking up all of engineering group's time has been completed and released. So work has once again begun on the M2Dig. I got to play around with one again yesterday in the house MOA. Very basic rig, just for bench testing.

Few little quirks to sort out, then integrate the PC interface. I also had a few things that I've talked to guys "out on the rocks" about that might be good additions, so we're hoping to add some cool stuff.

Still Absolutely NO Time Frame on this. So Don't hold any breathe. :) Just trying to provide a basic update.

We were very close to completion before, but the other projects took up the time needed to complete it correctly. So management decided to wait. This is very much why we stopped talking about it much. There was nothing to talk about. Many posts were made that the project was on hold. But I know how the internet is. Need to voice your grief, and we do appreciate the passion for the hobby. When this product finally comes out, I personally think folks will be happy. It's "very" easy to setup and use. Something that can't really be said for many things in the crawling world. :)

Have a great day folks, if I hear anything else, I will surely let you know.

Thanks
Charlie

meffie 07-21-2010 11:59 AM

Well put. Thanks for the update

Fishmaxx 07-22-2010 07:03 AM

Charlie rocks!

He is not the type of guy thats going to blow smoke. If he says that the project is back on track start saving your pennies. I can't wait to see the new features are because i thought the old ones were pretty cool"thumbsup"

TEAM DEBEAD 07-23-2010 08:20 PM

Would I be able to take full advantage of this system with the Traxxas 4 channel remote, the one with the extra 3 position and 2 position channels?

Banditt 08-13-2010 03:06 PM

I was wondering if the unit will ship the apporximate time as the new Axial XR10? Surely Novak will not miss the oppurtunity to sell a perfectly matching product to the newest dual motored truck. Not having the DIG out by the time that truck hit the market would be a costly mistake on Novak's part.

Wild Snapper 08-17-2010 03:07 PM

Does this have an integrated internal BEC ?

oldhippie 08-17-2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild Snapper (Post 2592470)
Does this have an integrated internal BEC ?

It doesn't exist! :x So no bec! :mrgreen:

KBrog 08-17-2010 06:45 PM

A M2 Dig? :lmao:

Howard 08-17-2010 08:15 PM

sure wish they would come on already, be nice for the new XR10.

xxgg 08-18-2010 04:50 PM

I would put my money that Novak cab't release it before XR10.

This thing has just been draggin' for too long with no updates.

Geezz~

crawlinghulls 08-18-2010 04:54 PM

The latest Towertalk mailer lists it $139.99, 2-4S Is this true? 4S?

I won't lie I read some (but not all) of this thread.

crazy_kanaka 08-18-2010 09:09 PM

Well.... I've been a fan of Novak for many years. I use many of their products and have rarely been disappointed. The long wait on this product and the lack of news because there were no news... I can understand. I also understand the business decision to focus on the racing products (some of which I now have and use happily).

However, I'm now heavily concerned with Novak's commitment to this product and their commitment to the crawling sector of the hobby. I find it disturbing that they simply decided to redirect their resources knowing that as a result they'd be leaving the whole crawling world hanging. I understand that the crawling world is a small part of their business, but many of us who crawl also race. These sorts of decisions way heavily on someone like my self. I work hard for my rc funds, I like to spend it wisely, and having a lingering doubt of a companies commitment to a product is a major factor in gaining my business.

I hope Novak gets this moving. They've created doubts in my mind about their ability to follow through with a promise when it pertains to the lesser numbered crowd. When they do release this product it had better be right. I most certainly won't be buying it with the first group of folks. I'll need some convincing via reading reviews. If it's all good then I'm on board. But I want Novak to know that they're on thin ice with me. 8)

Banditt 08-20-2010 09:11 AM

I checked Tower's stock status just now. It has changed from Later Aug to Estimated late Aug. Which being that it is the 20th that the unit will probably no be here for a while to come.

Fattymojo 08-20-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banditt (Post 2597453)
I checked Tower's stock status just now. It has changed from Later Aug to Estimated late Aug. Which being that it is the 20th that the unit will probably no be here for a while to come.

It changes every month to the end of the next month.

sim 08-23-2010 09:06 AM

I know this thing is not out yet, but I have a question for Charlie/Novak/anybody who has a Novak "The Dig".

My radio (KO EX-5UR) does not have proportional 3rd channel but it has a 5-position 3rd channel. Would I be able to use all 5 positions or am I just going to use 3.

Thanks.

Banditt 08-27-2010 05:12 PM

Tower Status has been changed to Late Sept. Anyone want to take bets that the new Duke Nukem game will be out before the Novak Dig?

GTO-RC 08-27-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie (Post 2552609)
Howdy Rock Fans!

Been down at Novak for the past few days. The racing project that was taking up all of engineering group's time has been completed and released. So work has once again begun on the M2Dig. I got to play around with one again yesterday in the house MOA. Very basic rig, just for bench testing.

Few little quirks to sort out, then integrate the PC interface. I also had a few things that I've talked to guys "out on the rocks" about that might be good additions, so we're hoping to add some cool stuff.

Still Absolutely NO Time Frame on this. So Don't hold any breathe. :) Just trying to provide a basic update.

We were very close to completion before, but the other projects took up the time needed to complete it correctly. So management decided to wait. This is very much why we stopped talking about it much. There was nothing to talk about. Many posts were made that the project was on hold. But I know how the internet is. Need to voice your grief, and we do appreciate the passion for the hobby. When this product finally comes out, I personally think folks will be happy. It's "very" easy to setup and use. Something that can't really be said for many things in the crawling world. :)

Have a great day folks, if I hear anything else, I will surely let you know.

Thanks
Charlie

Hello!
I was very excited with the output of the ESC to the market.
But many months of waiting, it is difficult to bear.
Month after month, it is delaying its release.
In the end the illusion has collapsed.
I've given up waiting longer.
I choose an option, much more expensive, but are in the market and its reliability is more than proven.
2 ESC Mamba Max + Castle BEC 10 amp.

Although I'd have bought the M2 Novak.

Do not forget that this is a play toy with delusions and illusions and if the illusion does not match, this story does not work.

Greetings.
Angel.

Mudsy 08-27-2010 07:06 PM

I too went with mamba max and also the punk dig. Pretty much for the same price as the M2 dig esc. Just got tired of waiting for it. If it ever comes out, I wouldn't but it right away, maybe in a year just like the Novak has left us hanging.;-)

KBrog 08-27-2010 08:52 PM

I bought a Goat 3s when they first came out and had to solder the power wires back on straight out of the box.

Orderd a M2 Dig, waited, waited, canceled the order.

Bought another Goat 3s/Ballistic combo and the motor sensor was bad. Sent it back and Novak sent me a remanufactured motor that burnt up in under 5 minutes.

3 strikes, your out Novak.