Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig ESC Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #361
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
Sounds like Novak needs to send one to Harley

They need to send all three of us one and I guarantee it would get done befor there tester's.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2010, 09:53 AM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
They need to send all three of us one and I guarantee it would get done befor there tester's.
You would think that a company putting out crawler parts would like the help/expertice of top driver/experienced crawler . Seems logical to me.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #363
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
You would think that a company putting out crawler parts would like the help/expertice of top driver/experienced crawler . Seems logical to me.
I would agree 110% sir.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:02 PM   #364

Default Airtronics M11 custom mixing for front and rear dig control.

I dont get on here too much guys and there may already be some of this posted. i have already posted past information long ago on custom programming for the M11 but here it is again slightly altered for the M2 Dig or any other front/rear dig applications. I will also post another for the Futaba 3PM MX in the next post.

CH1 – Front servo
CH2 – Front ESC
CH3 – Rear ESC
CH4 – Not available/Not Used
This setup will use the mixing functions of the M11 to operate everything independently by using all the switches and the dial on the transmitter. It may be best to start with a cleared model setting so that you can start with factory default settings. This can make the programming easier. Feel free to play around with the settings and alter as much as possible. If doing this, it is best to create a copied model to experiment with making changes once everything is set up.
Your throttle and steering adjustments should be made accordingly to accommodate any other settings you wish to make to the steering or throttle trim or end point adjustments. Please understand that you may have to make slight adjustments.
The BOLD UNDERLINED headings indicate which setting you need to go to, and the values underneath indicate what needs to be changed.

“key”-ASGN ( “key” is an actual picture of a key in front of –ASGN)
Display should look like:
[SW] TRIM
FUNC SW1 SW2 SW3
1: ------ C-MIX1 TH-HLD
2: ------ ------ ------
3: ------ ------ ------
SET-UP
Change CHANNEL option to 4
C-MIX
Under [C-MIX2] make sure the values are set to the following:
MASTER > TH2 SLAVE AUX
H 150% OFFSET 0
L 150% C-MIX INH
Under [C-MIX1] make sure the values are set to the following:
MASTER > TH2 SLAVE AUX
H 150% OFFSET 0
L 150% C-MIX ACT
BR-MIX
Under BRAKE-MIXING, make sure the values are set to the following:
DELAY 2CH 0% 3CH-BRAKE INH
4CH 100% TH-BRAKE CUT INH
TH-HOLD
Under THROTTLE-HOLD, make sure the values are set to the following:
> 0% HOLD 4CH ON
TH-HOLD INH
S-POS
Under STARTING POSITION, make sure the values are set to the following:
S-POS > 0% BRAKE-LOCK INH
ALARM ON LOCK-POINT 0%
EPA
Under END POINT ADJUSTMENT, make sure that the following are set:
4CH
- - -
0%B
For ST, TH and 3CH, make adjustments accordingly for your steering and throttle.
SERVO
Before starting, look on the right side of the display. You will see a section with the following: TRM-S L0 D/R 100
TRM-T H0 EPA-B 100
TRM-B H0 3CH 0
Make sure that 3CH is 0. If not, this can be adjusted by turning the Dial on the front panel.
Once this is set, you may continue.
Under SERVO MONITOR you should be able to see the actions that the channels play.
First, move the throttle trigger back and forward and you will notice that THROTTLE and 3CH: AUX both correspond together.
You will also notice that when you turn the steering wheel left and right that STEERING should be the only indicator moving.
STEERING will indicate your front servo.
THROTTLE should indicate your front ESC.
3CH: AUX should indicate your rear ESC.
4CH: BRAKE should not indicate any movement at all. This channel is not being used.
SW1 is located under the Dial on the front panel to the left of the steering wheel.
SW2 is located underneath the transmitter above your thumb next to the throttle trigger.
SW3 is located underneath the throttle trigger on the front face of the handle grip.
~By pressingSW1, it will do nothing as it should be turned off or inhibited through the settings.
~By pressing SW2, it will cause the rear ESC to dig. The only ESC to operate at this time will be the front ESC. SW2 also acts as a stationary switch so it will need to be pressed to be turned on and pressed again to turn off.
~By pressingSW3, it will cause the front ESC to dig. The only ESC to operate at this time will be the rear ESC. *******NOTE******** SW3 is a momentary switch so it will only be active during the time that you hold it.*******NOTE********If SW2 in inactive and SW3 is active at the same time, you will not get any throttle response at all.
John Hallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #365

Default Futaba 3PM – 2.4G MX custom mixing for front and rear dig

I am not a Futaba user so please bear with me on trying to go through the menu for setting this transmitter up. Following along in your instruction manual may help with this set up. There are only 3 different system settings that will need to be changed. This will allow for the DT4 switch to be used for turning the front or rear dig on and off.

Before we start, you may want to reset the model memory and start from the factory default settings. This will ensure that you start with clean settings and there should be no confusion. Please see your instruction manual for performing a Model Reset in the System Functions.

1st Step – Setting the Function Select Lever (page 57 in your manual)
  • Turn on the power switch while pressing “SEL” key.
  • Next, use “SEL” key to select Function Select Lever noted by a Fnc in the upper right hand corner of the screen and you may initially see DT1-ST also.
  • Use the (CH) button to select DT4-AT.
  • Use the (+) or (-) button to change the AT to CH3.
  • Once set, turn the transmitter power off.

2nd Step – Setting the Digital Trim Step (page 58 in your manual)
  • Turn on the power switch while pressing “SEL” key.
  • Next, use “SEL” key to select Digital Trim Step noted by an StP in the upper right hand corner of the screen and you may initially see DT1-2 also.
  • Use the (CH) button to select DT4-2.
  • Use the (+) or (-) button to change the 2 to 3Pos.
  • Once set, turn the transmitter power off.

3rd Step – Confirming the Channel 3 Position (page 28 in your manual for flow chart)
  • Turn the transmitter power on.
  • Press “SEL” key to select the Channel 3 Position (should be noted by a 0% in the upper right hand corner of the screen with CH3 on the bottom of the screen.
  • The number in the upper right hand corner should read 0%. If it does not, please adjust this value so it does read 0%. Changing this value may bias the throttle speed from front to rear motor which may not be desired when using a 3 position switch.
  • Once the value is set, continue to press the “SEL” key to advance to the Initial Screen.
Your transmitter should be ready to use. Your receiver should be connected as follows:
CH1 – Steering
CH2 – Throttle
CH3 - Aux
John Hallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #366
sim
Quarry Creeper

Charlie,

Please consider sending Harley0706 on here a unit of the Novak M2Dig. I don't know him personally but he does some very nice setup videos for Futaba.

Check out the video if you have time. No offense meant for the current unit testers. Just think Harley does great instructional videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwu-Wm3dRhw

Thanks.
sim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #367
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input guys, we'll be sure to keep these suggestions in mind for the next batch of testing.

The truth of the matter is, I needed guys that could give me instant feedback. They came into the shop I work at full time, let me work on their trucks, play with the radios, and get them rolling. The others, I sent home with the box like the purchased them and simply had them contact me when they had questions. They all live within a few miles of me, and comp on a very regular basis.

I've comped a bunch myself, and I work with "Team driver" type of guys on a regular basis for Novak. So we do have a grasp of what is needed here. We're not totally clueless.....

Harley has emailed me to work with Novak, but we've not been able to progress forward due to a few other topics out of our control. I'll be able to get working with him in the future I hope. You're right though, he's a electronics wizard type of guy from what I understand.

I really do appreciate all your input and enthusiasm towards this product.

Again, if anyone needs anything that can't be sorted through Normal Novak Lines, feel free to email me directly csuangka@teamnovak.com

Muchas Gracias
Charlie
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 PM   #368
Pebble Pounder

Charlie,
Thanks for posting up the 3pmx howto, I'm sure I'll be using it soon! One more question though, can the 3pmx be set up with f/r dig & throttle mixing?

Thanks,

Rich C.
conejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #369
Rock Crawler

The whole point of the M2 is that you "don't" need to Mix anything.

It just works from a simple 3POS switch.

The biasing is based off the 3rd channels "trim". On the Futaba radios, and many others, you can set the Trim Steps, so you can have on click biasing. This is called the "trim step" feature in most radios.

Again, the M2 requires NO MIXING to operate as intended. The mixing is done on the Airtronics to increase the functionality of the buttons and switches of that radio.

John Hallman is Novak's full time tech support, and all around nice guy, he's sort of a radio wizard and has explained some details. I don't claim to have checked these, but he's usually spot on. I've never been a big fan of Futaba's menus in the radios. Spektrum stuff lacks some of the features the Futaba offers but lacks some of the depth of the Futaba adjustability.

Last edited by Charlie; 10-28-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #370
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input Charlie! I'll be keeping your email handy, UPS shows my m2 be here tomorrow and this will be my first try at a moa set up so should be fun!
Vertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #371
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
The whole point of the M2 is that you "don't" need to Mix anything.
But can you even if you don't need to? I didn't notice any reference to it in my quick look of the online instructions.
wantAsummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #372

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantAsummit View Post
But can you even if you don't need to? I didn't notice any reference to it in my quick look of the online instructions.
Yes, you can adjust the speed offset of the front and rear motors.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:59 AM   #373
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes, you can adjust the speed offset of the front and rear motors.
Cool, so how would you convert from standard M2-mixed "throttle CH2 + trim CH3" mode (DX3R style) to transmitter-mixed "throttle1 CH2 + throttle2 CH3" (4PK style) mode? I didn't see it in the one-touch settings.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:13 AM   #374
"HOLLYWOOD"

Any time frame to see how you would set this up on a DX3R?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantAsummit View Post
Cool, so how would you convert from standard M2-mixed "throttle CH2 + trim CH3" mode (DX3R style) to transmitter-mixed "throttle1 CH2 + throttle2 CH3" (4PK style) mode? I didn't see it in the one-touch settings.
I think it is though a profile change in the ESC. I don't have a manual, I just remember what I saw at iHobby.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:27 PM   #376
Quarry Creeper

Good to know it has both capabilities... I can't wait to get one to play with!
Old 10-28-2010, 05:13 PM   #377
RCC Addict

Howbout sending me a M2 Dig!!

Those other guys always get the cool free stuff

Plus, as long as Novak has had everyone waiting for this damn thing, sending me one free would be the only way I'd use it.

Im just bitchN, you guy deserve all the perks of being great drives and stand up people.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #378
Rock Crawler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btfaDT-WAsQ
richardgarrett56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:37 PM   #379
Quarry Creeper

Not a bad Unit. they had a couple at the LHS. Definitly a good choice to keep the budget lower on a full XR10 build.
mxracer33x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #380
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardgarrett56 View Post

Best part of that video is them
Saying it would be out for x-mas and this was last year lolololololololololololoool.

Oh boy too funny. But not for anything glad they held back and made the changes they did to it especially the 3s capable.