Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Novak M2 Dig ESC Combo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2010, 05:21 PM   #501
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
I realize we all like to post issues on forums, but in addition, if you have time to Email me it helps Novak keep tabs on what issues are being experienced and attempting to have solutions quickly. Really appreciate it: Csuangka@teamnovak.com

The trucks we have setup so far during testing, didn't really have any reverse digging issues that I know of.

I'm looking a little further into the Servo Glitch with External BEC. I know the steering is not effected in the Trucks using the Novak BEC, but with the other brand BEC I do see a very very small blink of the BEC loosing power momentarily. I think it happens with the Novak BEC also, but for some reason, the steering is not effected. HQ has been informed of the situation and we're looking into this.

Exchanges: Eventually you will be able to send about anything in and get some form of credit towards a newer ESC. Generally, it takes several months (Closer to a year) before a newly released item is added to the list.
lets email this guy
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #502
Rock Crawler

Hi Guys,

Was out of the country for 10 days, just got back in today. I didn't have the free time to tend to the forum. Sorry.

Feel free to email me as stated, I was checking email, and replied to a few that had issues.

csuangka@teamnovak.com

Thanks Guys, Appreciate it.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #503
RCC Addict

any eta on the novalink m2 software?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:26 PM   #504
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Hi Guys,

Was out of the country for 10 days, just got back in today. I didn't have the free time to tend to the forum. Sorry.

Feel free to email me as stated, I was checking email, and replied to a few that had issues.

csuangka@teamnovak.com

Thanks Guys, Appreciate it.
Welcome back Charlie, hope you were able to combine some pleasure with your business trip.

I have not seen any complaints from anyone using a novak BEC, do you know if there is much of an operational difference between it and the Castle model?
Stinkyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #505
Quarry Creeper

Who is selling the M2 cheapest ??
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #506
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelspawn View Post
Who is selling the M2 cheapest ??
CKRC $129. Was out of stock the last I checked
Monstergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #507
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyy View Post
Welcome back Charlie, hope you were able to combine some pleasure with your business trip.

I have not seen any complaints from anyone using a novak BEC, do you know if there is much of an operational difference between it and the Castle model?

Lol. They probably only used a Novak BEC in testing and not a castle
Old 11-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #508
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstergt View Post
CKRC $129. Was out of stock the last I checked
Cool thank you I will keep checking in there.
Rebelspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:38 PM   #509
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowe's48 View Post
Kasper Try thisbefore you kill the BEC....I did !

We sat down with his M2, Castle BEC and tried to pinpoint this "glitch" of sorts.

Found that nothing really stops it 100%, but we can minimize it so it's barely noticed.

WIre up the BEC so Red Black go into the RX. REmove the orange wire to prevent any sort of goofy signal mix ups.

Then, connect the M2 normally. You'll have to have the ESC turned on at all times for normal operation. If the Lights are on, but the switch of the ESC is off, the ESC won't run correctly. Just leave it on all the time.

This pretty much eleviates the problem unless you're at super steering bind and try to just barely 'creep' into the trigger.

Thanks Jakes Performance Hobbies for letting me get this posted today!!
I hooked it up this way because I have tried every other way and it did not work. It works allot better this way but you still have to unplug the red wires going into your rx and there is still a little delay even after turning my drag brake down to setting #3. I will be getting a novak bec to see if that alleviates my problem.
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 PM   #510
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs tunner View Post
I hooked it up this way because I have tried every other way and it did not work. It works allot better this way but you still have to unplug the red wires going into your rx and there is still a little delay even after turning my drag brake down to setting #3. I will be getting a novak bec to see if that alleviates my problem.
Will the Novak BEC be enough for a 7950. If so why not just run the internal BEC
Old 11-16-2010, 06:30 AM   #511
RCC Addict

I can't do the novak bec because it's a high volt servo
Old 11-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #512
Rock Crawler

Anyone try a small, let's say 200mah, 2 cell lipo hooked strait up to the high voltage servo?

Would be a pain, but might work.
chevellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #513
Pebble Pounder

Had major glitching issues when i had my cc bec plugged into the rx. Rewired the cc bec to my servo, and now no problems!! A very small, and i mean ever so slight glitch still pops up as i ease into the throttle. I don't think it will cause a problem though! Might mess around with the deadband and see if that might cure it?
sean68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #514
Rock Crawler

so is it correct that there are only a few steps to the dx3r 3rd channel proportional. doesn't that make it worthless for the bias thing
nitrojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #515
RCC Addict

Theres an issue with the bias on some esc's not the dx3r is the problem. There's tons of steps on the 3r just after a few the esc goes to dig
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #516
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad30w View Post
Theres an issue with the bias on some esc's not the dx3r is the problem. There's tons of steps on the 3r just after a few the esc goes to dig

Man the way this thing is turning out I think would have been better to hold it back another year till they get all the issues solved.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #517
RCC Addict

Why wait they already got our money for r&d to figure out the problem......
chad30w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:19 PM   #518
"HOLLYWOOD"

Good point Chad lolololololol
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #519
RCC Addict

OK, I just finished hooking everything up and the M2 performs nicely without a BEC on 3S.

Not wanting to blow things up I installed a CC BEC set at 6V to power the servo, CS-170 Hobbico, directly. So I ran the = & - from the BEC to the servo and the Signal from the RX. The RX is getting it's power from the ESC.

Here's the results, it works great unless you want to use steering under power. The BEC's LED flickers as you give it throttle. In other words, the ESC is pulling enough current to starve the BEC and servo under acceleration.

Now the pack I'm using is a 3S 850mah 25C Lipo driving two Tekin 55T motors (rear reversed). The BEC should not get browned out like that.

The good news is that the ESC seems to be fine driving both motors and the RX/servo. I will leave it like this until someone else figures out what to do.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 AM   #520
RCC Addict

So wait. Did you leave it with the bec or without?