Old 02-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #141
RCC Addict

subscribed
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #142
Rock Crawler

Hey Guys,

I did bring up the M2 when I was down for my Visit, and basically it comes down to a few things that need to be worked out.

They have a racing ESC that is even more overdue then the M2. The Engineering staff is wrapped up putting all the final touches into that product, it ties Directly into the M2. The NovaLink portions are similar, and if it isn't ready in the one, it won't be ready in the other.

Having no information is extremely frustrating as you have all explained, and I appreciate that. I will be sure to share your frustrations with management.

I also apologize for my extreme delay getting this news to you. I had it all along and simply never got to posting here.

G1ST- Novak has always been one to offer "combo options", I can't say any official plans, but I will surely suggest offering it with and with out the NovaLink programmer included.

If you guys have any further suggestions, or ideas, I am all ears and will push it all directly through to Novak. Please don't PM me, you can email me directly csuangka@teamnovak.com
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:33 PM   #143
Pebble Pounder

I'm definitely gonna get this when its out. Hope international not that eexpensive,.
JonehRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:39 PM   #144
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonehRC View Post
I'm definitely gonna get this when its out. Hope international not that eexpensive,.

Good luck with that. :? I have been waiting on this for 4 months now......guess I am going to have to just get a 4pk.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:03 AM   #145
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
Good luck with that. :? I have been waiting on this for 4 months now......guess I am going to have to just get a 4pk.
hahha... yeah.. just wanna cheers the novak fan ... im already have a working goat ... so .. yeah..

4pk??? thats a must man... mine's coming.. somwhere in the sea... hope its not lost!!

for the time being... my 3pk still kicking others' a$$ .. oops
JonehRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 04:14 AM   #146
Rock Crawler

Quote:
2s-4s would be a cool thing for having to wait so long.

That, and a free novalink

waiting sucks
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #147
RCC Addict

I just finished building my scaler and am wanting to build a m.o.a. comp rig is this system going to be out before 2011?
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:20 AM   #148
Quarry Creeper

So I am planning on building a new comp rig, is there a release date for this unit? If not I'm going with an FXR and a Punk...

Last edited by megacabcummins; 03-12-2010 at 06:12 AM.
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

As of this very moment in time, no there is no official release date, but that may change in the coming weeks.

As soon as I hear anything I will be sure to update.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:49 AM   #150
"HOLLYWOOD"

Well atleast this way I dont have to wait to a certain day to be disappointed on it not coming out again.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:41 AM   #151
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post

They have a racing ESC that is even more overdue then the M2. The Engineering staff is wrapped up putting all the final touches into that product, it ties Directly into the M2. The NovaLink portions are similar, and if it isn't ready in the one, it won't be ready in the other.
Any Idea if the racing ESC has cleared? Really want this system but can't wait much longer.
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:25 PM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
As of this very moment in time, no there is no official release date, but that may change in the coming weeks.

As soon as I hear anything I will be sure to update.

Charlie won't BS you guys
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #153
Rock Crawler

It's all hype... I bet it wasn't even close to being a finished product when the first press release came out. Ever heard of this idiom? "Hook, link and sinker"? Exactly what's happing right now... The hook is the news of completely new esc, the line is that everybody is taking about it cool it is, and the sinker is the anticipation from us masses (me included) for the esc to be in our hands. (The longer it goes the more following that Novak gets). Just a typical marketing ploy, even if Novak denies that. Tell you one thing, it's working for me LOL, Cuz I'm getting one for sure.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:40 AM   #154
Rock Crawler

I used the first version back in October, and it was good, worked very well, the biasing was sweet, the instant response was sweet. Problem came when the racing project got in the way that's all really.

I think I may have said this before, but the newer generation of Novak stuff is all gonna be settable through a PC interface, so if they have an issue with one product, it can sorta screw up the following ones.

I'm fairly sure they could release the products with out the PC interface working, and we could just set everything through the LED's, but then they'd be hung out to dry for not delivering what they promised. So, now they are aren't delivering, but at least when it gets here, it will have all the features promised. And, unfortunately, it's not "always" a simple matter of just making the PC interface work later, there's a small chance that hardware changes would be needed, requiring returns or exchanges that no one wants to deal with. I've been down the road before. Never once did I encounter a customer that was "pleased" to send their ESC in for a simple update. The delay is mainly so that doesn't have to happen ever again. Wait now, and not later.

There's no easy or good way to have delays, some folks understand them, others like to get answers regardless of what they are. I appreciate both, as it keeps us on our toes and moving forward, so Thanks Guys.

I again apologize for not having updates sooner, but honestly, everything is pretty much where it was before, waiting on the product that is in front to be wrapped up, or at least moved forward to the point that work can be completed on the M2. I won't say it'll be worth the wait because that's a bit Cliche'........

Thanks Again,
Charlie

Last edited by Charlie; 04-03-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 PM   #155

any recent news?
mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 PM   #156
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
any recent news?
Yah hurry up and wait
meffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #157
Pebble Pounder

IF the tester works great, software on the esc is already setup, YANK off the crap for pc interface or sell it at a
discounted price (or both) knowing it is not for pc interface and GET THEM ROLLING out the door.

I like most i imagine, could give a F less if the PC interface
works or not, if it is easily programmed, FUNCTIONS like
it is suppose to, it will never need to be connected to a PC.

NOW over 5 months old, and missing the season start for
most is a HUGE lose lose, customers continue to stay away
from novak, and novak simply turning away all potential customers.

couple of days late here, NOVAK another month GONE !
jlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 12:15 AM   #158
Rock Stacker

does anyone know if this will work with a stick radio. i'm running dual esc's on a dx6, just wondering of this one esc will perform like those two with the sticks. would be nice to clean up some wiring mess.
SpeedFreak675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:59 AM   #159
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreak675 View Post
does anyone know if this will work with a stick radio. i'm running dual esc's on a dx6, just wondering of this one esc will perform like those two with the sticks. would be nice to clean up some wiring mess.
Since it has a dig switch built in it would defeat the usefulness of the sticks.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:17 AM   #160
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart View Post
any recent news?

In this case, no news is bad news. I gave up and canceled my order. I'll go buy something off the shelf instead of a wish and a dream.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote