Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Servo Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Servo Issue

I have a Hobicco CS-150 Servo and a Big Offroader 2.4Ghz Rx/Tx on my Axial SCX10.

Problem is the servo likes to turn right further than it does left. I have tried all different combinations of trim, epa's, and limits. But everytime it still turns right ALOT. So it's all set up right, turn's left perfect, but turns right way to far (to the point where the knuckle touches the c-carrier and still pulls to the point that it starts to bend driver's side steering/knuckle assembly over)

What can I do to help this? BTW, the steering assembly is all stock Axial.
Gimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Set all your steering trims and subtrims to zero. EPA to 100% both ways.
Take the horn off the servo.
Power up the servo.
No reinstall the horn as close to 90* as you can.
Use subtrim to get the horn 90* and then use EPA to limit the throw.
Ktbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Did that, still does it. Kinda frustrating lol
Old 10-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I have one of the radios and the problem is when you set the right epa you have to hold the steering wheel so the l.f.u. goes away and the r.f.u. shows up,,I had the same problem with my servo/s try that..let us know,,pm me if you like

you'll want to adjust your e.p.a. and the d/r as well,,you may wind up having to turn down the left steering a bit to balance it out
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
I have one of the radios and the problem is when you set the right epa you have to hold the steering wheel so the l.f.u. goes away and the r.f.u. shows up,,I had the same problem with my servo/s try that..let us know,,pm me if you like

you'll want to adjust your e.p.a. and the d/r as well,,you may wind up having to turn down the left steering a bit to balance it out
Problem solved, thank you so much! I remember steering left and right while seting it, but I never looked at the Tx to see it change like it does. Thanks a million!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:19 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

No problem at all I'm glad I could help...I fawked with mine for a couple of hours and then noticed it had the l.f.u. on in nuetral but the r.f.u. came up only when you bump the wheel,,,,I rest my E.P.A.'s and bingo,,,I don't know if you have tried it yet but channel 3 has more E.P.A. set one way than the other so tak ethat into account when you set up a servo,or dig on 3...I use it to my advantage with a micro servo for my dig..helps keep the servo from over torquing.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
No problem at all I'm glad I could help...I fawked with mine for a couple of hours and then noticed it had the l.f.u. on in nuetral but the r.f.u. came up only when you bump the wheel,,,,I rest my E.P.A.'s and bingo,,,I don't know if you have tried it yet but channel 3 has more E.P.A. set one way than the other so tak ethat into account when you set up a servo,or dig on 3...I use it to my advantage with a micro servo for my dig..helps keep the servo from over torquing.
I'll keep that in mind if I ever use the 3rd channel. Probobly won't cause it's only a switch on the Big Offroader. I do run 11 LED's, but off of 2 9V's, so it doesn't take anything away from the motor and servo.