Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: ESC / Receiver Placement

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #1

Default ESC / Receiver Placement

Getting ready to place my electronics in my rig. See where my BEC has to be min 2" away from receiver....what about the receiver and ESC?

I have a ESC shelf and would like to have the ESC on the top and radio reciever mounted upside down on the bottom. Any reason why this might not be a good idea?
aggierc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Why does your BEC have to be mounted 2" minimum from your receiver?

I have a Castle BEC attached to the side of a Tekin FXR ESC, which is mounted right next to a 2.4GHz receiver, and I have no problems with the setup. The RX antenna is routed along the chassis and away from the ESC.
XPLORx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #3

Not sure why the req. Running a SportBEC from Dimension Engineering and it states the min distance in the install guide.

That is why I am wondering about the ESC too...cant find any distance req's...but thought I would check with the broader community.
aggierc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:17 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

The Castle BEC has a notation regarding RF Noise: This device should be treated much like a speed control. Try to keep as much distance as possible between the radio receiver and components and the CC BEC unit.
silentcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

ESCs and some, if not all BECs emit radio waves (noise), and of course your RX likes to receive radio waves. Manufacturers can't test every possible ESC/RX/BEC/Motor... combo out there so they make these statements so you have the lowest chance of having issues. When I had a Sidewinder, CC BEC, and old 72 MHz AM RX I couldn't stop it from glitching even though the ESC and BEC were > 2" away from the receiver. I ended up going to a FM Rx to fix it.

Point is, try what you prefer and if it works have fun. If it doesn't try something else. Just make sure your truck doesn't fly off the workbench!

Richard
YJ_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote