Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: No throttle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default No throttle?

Ok so I am a bit stumped and wonder if the FXR in my berg is dead? Over the holiday I was crawling over some rocks in the back yard to show the bother in law and family what a berg could do. When I went to charge it the next day the voltage was low on the 3s Lipo, but the battery had not swelled ( I did not leave the battery hooked up). I have heard rumors that FXRs can re-set to default (i.e. no low voltage cut off)???.

Anyways I have since swapped out the receiver from a modd'd TQ3 with three pos switch to a EX-5UR. While I did this I re-set the 9 volt cut off on the FXR and made sure that the no-brake, instant reverse was locked in.

When everything was done I tried the controller and I have steering and 5-pos dig servo action, but no throttle forward or backward. Is the FXR done? what should I do to see what's going wrong?

Any ideas?

....also I then broke off the capacitor trying to get a look at the FXRs LEDs while I was checking the FXR afterwards so I will need a new one of those before I can do any diagnostics on the FXR.... Any one know where I can get a replacement capacitor for this potentially dead speed control.... I am also wondering if the capacitor was damaged before this because I had to move it to see the LEDs on the FXR and the connection could have been broken as a result of this....?????

Thanks
lowslowTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I would check to make sure the esc plug is in the right way in the receiver. I have done this a few times changing receivers.

How low was the voltage on the battery? I would not think it was the battery though.

If the receiver is in right, swap the radio back out....could be a bad receiver. You could also swap out the steering and throttle in the receiver....just have the truck off the ground in case it takes off.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I should have checked the battery first. it was below 9 volts after it took a charge. I guess a cell is dead. I killed a Lipo. now I wonder why the FXR did not cut it off when the lipo hit 9-volts the first time?
lowslowTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowslowTJ View Post
I should have checked the battery first. it was below 9 volts after it took a charge. I guess a cell is dead. I killed a Lipo. now I wonder why the FXR did not cut it off when the lipo hit 9-volts the first time?

It could have reset for some reason like you said earlier.

I usually check my settings on my FX-R every month or so just in case. I have never had it lose my settings, but dont want to chance it.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote