Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: programming a tekin gen2 brake question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default programming a tekin gen2 brake question

In the braking section there are several categories. The instructions don't explain what each one does. I know drag brake but what are brake strength, push control,brake minimum and active braking. I'm trying to get it not to lock up the wheels when I let off the throttle. Thanks for you help and support.
wraithfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: programming a tekin gen2 brake question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithfreak View Post
In the braking section there are several categories. The instructions don't explain what each one does. I know drag brake but what are brake strength, push control,brake minimum and active braking. I'm trying to get it not to lock up the wheels when I let off the throttle. Thanks for you help and support.
In crawlers we almost always use forward to immediate reverse, so Drag Brake is the only braking setting that you can change and see an effect. It is the only braking setting you need to worry about changing, the rest are for track racing applications. Your Drag Brake setting is responsible for slowing/stopping your truck when you let off the throttle. If it's locking up the wheels try turning it down. I run about 29 in my JK with a ROC 412 3100 motor. Everyone's rig and drag settings will differ, so you have to find what you like. I never program my trucks to hold on a hill, usually set them to descend nice and controlled under drag brake.

Brake Strength - Pretty self-explanatory, higher number means stronger trigger-activated braking.

Push Control - Not used in crawling, it does the exact opposite of Drag Brake. Pushes the car rather than slowing it down.

Brake Minimum - Not used in crawling since we run immediate reverse.

Active Braking - Not used in crawling, this is a track/race setting that controls the strength of braking pulses.

Last edited by Ty@Tekin; 06-30-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: programming a tekin gen2 brake question

Huge thanks to Ty@Tekin. You came through again with a complete answer again. Thank You
wraithfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

programming a tekin gen2 brake question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Programming RX8 Gen2 darkstar Electronics 0 05-22-2014 12:21 PM
Tekin RS Gen2 cytogen Electronics 0 03-30-2013 03:23 AM