Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: EZRUN Brushless Combo review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default EZRUN Brushless Combo review

yes, i'm familiar with the term 'you get what you pay for'.
i've searched and only found opinions on what people think about these, but haven't come across a posting stating what people's actual experiences are...

are they as good as lighting your money on fire, or do they work well for a cheap, really cheap, setup?

if they are garbage, what is a cheap and decent combo. i'm on a budget, if i go with brushless, i'm not really trying to stimulate the economy with this purchase...

thanks
wicked4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

whats it going into??? it may be better to put the same money into a quality brushed esc and motor instead of a cheap brushless system that may be unreliable
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:01 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

They work great, In my opinion kick castles @$$ when it comes brushless bashing beatdowns...I have ran 3 of their setups in various combos and sizes and they are great. If you are looking to race stick with the high end stuff as the programming and control is a lot better but if you are looking to go fast and smoke your buddys snag it up.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Oh yeah check out hobby king also...I put together 2 combos with a 4s esc and a long can for $85 and they flat rip and so cheap you just dont care
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I use the ezrun 35a "crawler" esc with a big ole outrunner on 3s, and its a amazing combo, especially for the price!
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

it'd be for a crawler, if i get one. won't be doing comps with it. if that were the case, i'd drop dough for a high end setup. i was just wondering on this as being a cheap alternative to breaking the bank.

i've just seen so many opinions saying they're cheap, but never from someone that actually used them.
thanks
wicked4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked4x4 View Post
it'd be for a crawler, if i get one. won't be doing comps with it. if that were the case, i'd drop dough for a high end setup. i was just wondering on this as being a cheap alternative to breaking the bank.

i've just seen so many opinions saying they're cheap, but never from someone that actually used them.
thanks
Dont buy the $62 dollar kit, the motors suck for crawlers (yes even the one that says its for a crawler), if you want one, just buy the esc for $35 and a big outrunner and youll be fine.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote