Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin 35t machine wound Q's.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Tekin 35t machine wound Q's.

I just installed the Tekin FXR and 35t on my scx tr last night. Now when I drive the motor makes alot of noise and when in reverse it sounds alot worse and acts like it is dragging on something inside. When trying to drive slow it is jerky. Just wondering if this is normal for this motor. Also should the motor be hard to turn without the gear on it and just turning it by hand, because it is. I am new to this hobby and thanks for any help.
jgammill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
dkf
Rock Crawler

The motor shaft will not spin really easy because of the magnetic field from the magnets in the motor. Check to make shure your gear mesh between the pinion and spur gear is not too tight.
dkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

x2 make sure the mesh on the pinion and spur are not to tight also did you break in you motor good?
snail78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

My motor makes some noise, the brushes click.

gear mesh

Everyone said its the brushes breaking in. I've run probably 5 packs through it (roughly 5 hrs of runtime) and it still clicks. Doesn't bother me though, still performs well. Maybe I didn't break it in properly, I dunno. I ran it with the tires off the ground for a couple minutes, then ran the rest of the pack through it doing mostly flat stuff. The second pack I went ahead and did some hardcore crawlin.
Bray D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

to set the gap on mine i use a post it just put a post it sheet between the pinion and first drive gear in my R2D and thats how i set the gap and if you cant see it then just tear the paper till you can see
Old 02-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I did not realize the motors had to be broke in. It still makes the bad noise without the gear even on it without a load. I guess I will just keep using it and see if it gets any better. Also, does the drag brake not work in reverse? I set it to max and it works great in forward but seems like nothing in reverse. Going from the stock 27t to the 35t is there really that much difference because it lost alot of speed and does not seem to have any more torque and is still jerky at low speeds.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:25 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bray D View Post
My motor makes some noise, the brushes click.

gear mesh

Everyone said its the brushes breaking in. I've run probably 5 packs through it (roughly 5 hrs of runtime) and it still clicks. Doesn't bother me though, still performs well. Maybe I didn't break it in properly, I dunno. I ran it with the tires off the ground for a couple minutes, then ran the rest of the pack through it doing mostly flat stuff. The second pack I went ahead and did some hardcore crawlin.
That is the same noise mine is making.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I've just been running it. Like I said I've got about 5 hours on it and its still about the same. Mine is the machine wound 45.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

My venom fireball 55T was making so much noise I tore it apart. I found that the horse shoe looking piece that separates the magnets was rubbing on the armature. Now there is no more noise.
GB's 05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Good to hear. How did you keep if from rubbing (I've never had a motor apart)?
Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I may have to look into taking that apart then.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgammill View Post
I did not realize the motors had to be broke in. It still makes the bad noise without the gear even on it without a load. I guess I will just keep using it and see if it gets any better. Also, does the drag brake not work in reverse? I set it to max and it works great in forward but seems like nothing in reverse. Going from the stock 27t to the 35t is there really that much difference because it lost alot of speed and does not seem to have any more torque and is still jerky at low speeds.
i set my FXR up the way the directions showed and was having problem with the drag brake also so i rev the wires going to the motor and the rev the channel on the radio and it works fine no same thing happend to my friends too