RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   weird issue with Dx3e... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/232624-weird-issue-dx3e.html)

R/CMaxximus5.0 02-19-2010 01:48 PM

weird issue with Dx3e...& s200 servo

Ok I've had my Dx3e for about a week now, & have already used it @ a comp & it worked great.

Yesterday I plugged in the servo that came with the Dx3e into the aux port on the Rx and the Rx would unbind itself:? No BS I messed with it for a couple hours... I was like WTF is going on:evil:.

Well then I tried a Hitec servo, it worked fine. tried a futaba servo again it worked fine. As soon as I plug in the included servo it unbinds!

The even more f'd up thing is that I plugged the servo (included) into the aux port on rx the first day to test it & it was fine then. Now as soon as I plug it in, It unbinds from the Tx.

I've rebinded it prob. 50x. WTF is going on????

R/CMaxximus5.0 02-19-2010 01:57 PM

I also have a castle BEC, I'm wondering if this could be related B/c
there are only 4 ports on the rx: steering, throttle, aux, & bind.

1. servo (steering)
2. ESC (C.C. sidewinder)(black & white only)
3. BEC
4. servo (aux)

I've tried every different way of binding by switching around leads on the Rx- because the bind plug has to go in...it says you can power the servo from any other port....:?:evil:

cro-magnum 02-19-2010 10:36 PM

i don't know much about your problem but I do think that all companies throw in extras just for the sake of throwing in extras. If i could buy a dx3e and 101 servos and 48 rx's for 3 dollars more than just the radio (I'm buying the package)

just my thoughts

4VRYNG 02-19-2010 10:58 PM

Your not trying to plug the servo into the bind port are you?

Run a Y-harness into the auxiliary port and plug in the servo and your BEC to the Y or the Y together with esc and BEC. Then it leaves aux open for servo.

Do you have a way to test the servo on another radio. It must have a short circuit across the black and white wires internally which will essentialy turn it into a bind plug.

R/CMaxximus5.0 04-22-2010 11:11 PM

New S200 Spektrum servo is JUNK!!

Well I just had a load of problems with a Losi 2.4 Radio also...

Turns out the Spektrum servo I originally got with the DX3E is junk:evil:
This is a brand new F'n servo, if I plug it into a RX it unbinds, or simply wont work in my AM or FM radios.:cry:

I'm going to try to get it warrantied, the servo is only like 100/oz in, but it is new like I said, So I'll see what Spektrum will do....:roll:

The DX3E is long gone now though...still got a junk servo:roll::ror:

Anyone else have problems like this?

H1guy 04-23-2010 06:42 AM

Well this sucks I just had my LHS order one in for me, But if its going to be a problem I won't be taking it when they get it in.

Scattman 04-23-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H1guy (Post 2421991)
Well this sucks I just had my LHS order one in for me, But if its going to be a problem I won't be taking it when they get it in.

So you're not gonna buy the radio because 1 guy posts up a problem with the low end servo it comes with? :roll:

R/CMaxximus5.0 04-24-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scattman (Post 2422046)
So you're not gonna buy the radio because 1 guy posts up a problem with the low end servo it comes with? :roll:

Ya the servo sucks, not the Radio:roll::ror:

romulus22 04-24-2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scattman (Post 2422046)

:ror: i have two dx3e's now. both servos the radios come with are still zip tied to the cardboard boxing.

H1guy 04-25-2010 09:43 AM

I guess I miss understood the problem. I am still pretty green with the electronics part of this hobby. I guess for the price I will probably still try it out cause I wasn't planing on using the servo that came with it anyways.
Thanks for clearing it up for the newb.

Tin Soldier 05-01-2010 06:56 PM

Mine was doing the same thing, and now I can't get it to bind at all. I tried unplugging everything and then rebinding, but nothing. I can't even get the Red light under the green like on the TX to light up. I bought this for a comp tomorrow and its really ticking me off. Worked out of the box. I shut it off to change up the course I was on, turned it back on and now nothing.