Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Turnigy or MKS HV-767 Servo? Anyone tried?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

that sucks
norcallump is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #42
Official Cook of the ECC

I have ordered from them a few times and it never took more than 2 weeks to get here to FL.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:18 PM   #43

After waiting over 2 weeks I finally gor my HV-300.

Stall Torque (12V): 38.40 kg.cm (533.3 oz/in)

Got it installed, but won't have time to test for a while. It's def longer than most servos and when installed on a BTA rig will stick out quite a bit.

Which makes it a tight fit

Sorry about the crappy iPhone pics...

Anyways, it is definitely putting out some serious power. I'm running it right off my 3s pack (no BEC). Can't wait to really test it out and hoping for no stripped gears.
Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #44
Rock Crawler

instock now
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #45

Welp, I killed the one on my rig. The gears are fine, but the motor was not up to task and gave up. I've got a second one in there just incase the 1st one was a fluke, but if that one dies I'm going to want either a refund or credit from HobbyCity.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey View Post
Welp, I killed the one on my rig. The gears are fine, but the motor was not up to task and gave up. I've got a second one in there just incase the 1st one was a fluke, but if that one dies I'm going to want either a refund or credit from HobbyCity.
are you going to try it with lower voltage to see if the failure is voltage related?
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:47 AM   #47

Nope, going full voltage again. At full charge the 3s lipo is at 12.6v and when the last servo went voltage was well in the 11s. The rig hit a bind in the steering that the servo couldn't overcome and something in the motor stripped. It made a horrid noise like gears stripping.

If it can't take the full voltage of a 3s I don't want it...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I hear you, i figure this guys get their ratings at max voltage on peak power not sustained voltage, i am willing to try them at less voltage with a bec.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #49

I've been testing for a few days now and so far it's looking good on servo #2. I'm going to send in dead servo #1 and see what they say.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Updates?
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:25 AM   #51
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
Hmmm I was reading the reviews on the HK site for this servo. 3 of the 10 reviews were poor saying it died within a day. All the bad reviews were in March 2010. Also, I can't find a gear kit for this servo on their site. One of the reviews said that the gears stripped right out. These are supposed to have titanium gears, so that's pretty supprising. Maybe only SOME of the gears are titanium?
That's funny, I remember leaving that exact review. If you look at that review again, you'll see my celsiusprime signature. I was super excited when I first put this servo in. It was fast and crazy strong. Then, BOOM! Stripped gears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey View Post
Good luck on getting a refund or a new replacement. I sent mine in with an RMA and they told me that they don't warranty the servos for stripped gears. They are now sending me back the broken one and I'm going to attempt to fix it myself.
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:54 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

I too would like to try one of these servos. Curious to see how everything plays out!
irok22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by celsiusprime View Post
Good luck on getting a refund or a new replacement. I sent mine in with an RMA and they told me that they don't warranty the servos for stripped gears. They are now sending me back the broken one and I'm going to attempt to fix it myself.
Yup, same result. The refused to refund me too. I'm having them send my brocken one back also.

My friend stripped his HV300 also and upon closer inspection found the culprit gear. There is a gear that is 2 mated to form one, and it seems they are two different metals (titanium and a lesser and smaller bronze colored gear). The smaller gear is the one that stripped. If you can get that to stop happening by bonding the two you will have a bullet proof servo. My friend has super glued his for now to see how that will hold and so far it's looking good.

I'l hoping this fix works.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:18 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

I got about 2 runs out of mine
Mr Glassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

ive gotten lots of runs out of mine in my losi running it at 7v couldnt be happier
Old 07-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

You guys can get your gears here. I believe these are the same servos just a different name on them.

http://mars480.com/mksmegesetfo3.html

Had the same problem with the two gears that are pressed together. The upper right gear in the picture. One solution if they are slipping is to flare out the smaller gear so it bites the bigger gear more. I had a small tapered rod that I hammered in from the bottom that expanded the small gear enough to bite. Worked well for a while then the output spline snapped off in a crash. Again this was with the MKS servo but they look to be the same servo. MKS did have much better customer support and fixed any problems I had. Even called me from Tiawian to check up on things.

Really liked the power of these just wish they were ALL titanium gears. Moved on to a Hitec 7950TH.
moes670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by moes670 View Post
I believe those are the correct replacement gears. I might order a set and see how they work out. Either way I'm still going to either try glueing or pressing a tapered rod in as you mentioned.
Old 07-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #58
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for figuring out which gear was the culprit. When I get mine back, I'll try to braze them together. I'll let you all know if it works out.
celsiusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Replaced mine with a DS8711, nicer in my opinion. On a side note, I'm still waiting for my credit from hobbycity as it appears the post man lost it!
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #60
Rock Crawler

anyone know if the mks gears still have the crappy pressed gears my turnigy just started to slip on me after 20 or so packs and lookin for a fix