Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Spektrum DX6i Pistol, Dual Wheel, Dual Trigger, brake button, momentary on/off button

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Yeah I could do it but, since my crawlers never seem to move, and my FE boat seems to have a case of gremlins why bother So you have index finger controlling one trigger, your pinky controlling another, your thumb on the wheel and the other hand on another wheel? Geez I really need a video

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
Yeah I could do it but, since my crawlers never seem to move, and my FE boat seems to have a case of gremlins why bother So you have index finger controlling one trigger, your pinky controlling another, your thumb on the wheel and the other hand on another wheel? Geez I really need a video

Kieren
sounds a bit like me haha, do you not have much terrain nearby ?
mine sit a bit too, I build, drive a few times then build again, modify drive and repeat.

That would be the most extreme driving condition with a Dual ESC MOA dual steering crawler. And I doubt I would need to touch the rear wheel since I have the mixes.
toy4crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #83
RCC Addict

No the beaches around here consist entirely of rocks, so plenty of terrain. It is just the driver builds stuff more than he drives it

Kieren
Old 04-17-2010, 05:52 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Somethings wrong with your diff? Looks like the radio works well, now we just need some video running the rig

Kieren
Old 04-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Somethings wrong with your diff? Looks like the radio works well, now we just need some video running the rig

Kieren
yea, I let somebody else drive it in an open lot with jumps when I geared it high and they drove it into the back corner of the jump and bent the truss holding the Front left axle tube so now the dogbone end is not always fully engage. I want to build different axles so that the the gears are held by an actual carrier and bolt into the axle housing. I was in a rush to finish for the Marlin Rubicon/ rc comp get together.

Lots of videos on my youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...=4rracing&aq=f
Old 04-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

BRAKE BUTTON

Great for any Electric racing: Shortcourse, onroad or offroad racing, drifters too. My 20yr old Airtronics XL2p radio has this function and it works awesome !

While you are holding your throttle at any position and you need some brake, instead of hitting the reverse a little you push a momentary button that temporarily sends a different throttle signal to induce the brake. Hold it for a sec= small brake, hold it longer for full stopping brake.

I am NOT positive this schematic is correct but am going to give it a try
Let me know what you think,
thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

oops guess I forgot the VIDEO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh59BB7ESjQ

Still searching for my trim pot for my Brake function. I'll add the details and schematic
Old 04-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #88
RCC Addict

That brake is getting me more intrigued now. BTW have you had any trouble with range, before or after the conversion?

Kieren
Old 04-24-2010, 06:57 PM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
That brake is getting me more intrigued now. BTW have you had any trouble with range, before or after the conversion?

Kieren
Yea, if you drive a SC or any other RC you will love having a brake function. I could just use another small 1k mini trim pot, and install it and use the silver tab on the grip for my brake button, but I need to be able to adjust it easily as I go from one car truck to another, so I'm hunting for a mini 1k pot that has the notches as you turn it. I'll need to install a switch to activate it since I use it for the crawler as steering mix. if I dont I will get steering mix and different throttle input when I press it.

need to pick up my AR500, cause when I drove my 1/5 it lost contact down the street 5 houses, but it was close to being out of sight behind a car and I did not have the Tiny antennas sticking up. They say line of sight for range.
so I'm sure the land Ar500 receiver will do the trick

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 04-24-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:37 PM   #90
RCC Addict

I live on a really long, quiet street, and I lost control about 30m down the road. Well in line of site? I don't think there should be any real interferance, either. I think I will have to mess with the range check and my other receivers and see if they all do it?

Kieren
Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #91
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I live on a really long, quiet street, and I lost control about 30m down the road. Well in line of site? I don't think there should be any real interferance, either. I think I will have to mess with the range check and my other receivers and see if they all do it?

Kieren
Not good. Installed a new AR500, Drove it again next street over where I have more space and after 3 houses away I lose control . Did a range check- failed. battery at 5.2 volts so took them out and measured them at 1.3 v each. Put in new 1.5v batteries power is now 6.2 volts did range check again, and failed, While pressing the trainer/range check button I only have control at 11 feet away ! Maybe it's the High power & brushless as I was having problems when using my am27nhz radio.
Hopefully the 1/5 track is not out of range, other than that I can run my SC truck at the track.

So it was dumb of me not to perform this test before the conversion.
lft msg for Horrizon to call me back

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 04-26-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Very nice work so far! That video is cool!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4crawlin View Post
Not good. Installed a new AR500, Drove it again next street over where I have more space and after 3 houses away I lose control . Did a range check- failed. battery at 5.2 volts so took them out and measured them at 1.3 v each. Put in new 1.5v batteries power is now 6.2 volts did range check again, and failed, While pressing the trainer/range check button I only have control at 11 feet away ! Maybe it's the High power & brushless as I was having problems when using my am27nhz radio.
Hopefully the 1/5 track is not out of range, other than that I can run my SC truck at the track.

So it was dumb of me not to perform this test before the conversion.
lft msg for Horrizon to call me back
Very similar to my problem? Let me know how you go. I had problems at one stage before the conversion in my FE boat, but I just put that down to the receiver antenna getting a little wet, and messing the signal up, since it seemed to be a once off? Would love to know if clockworks has noticed anything like this?

Kieren
Old 05-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Very similar to my problem? Let me know how you go. I had problems at one stage before the conversion in my FE boat, but I just put that down to the receiver antenna getting a little wet, and messing the signal up, since it seemed to be a once off? Would love to know if clockworks has noticed anything like this?

Kieren
Sent my DX6 back for repair.
got it back in 10 days It now passes Range check at 44 steps away !
Drove my 6s high powered 5th scale car across the college parking lot at 56mph so I'd say it's working great !

I replaced the Yucky messy wiring with ribbon wire so it's neater and also replaced my 4th channel toggle switch next to the 2nd trigger for a 3 position switch to select between the trigger and the 3 pos 4wd-2wd-dig switch, and use the silver buttons for front and rear dig on my berg.
I also mounted my brake adjuster pot and on/off switch which will be connected to the silver button on the handle which will be used for braking non crawling use RC's.

Sure is an Awesome Transmitter

Last edited by toy4crawlin; 05-28-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Little update

Radio is Awesome !
Using One Ar6100 and 3 AR500's on
2 Crawlers, Super and a Berg
Short course truck, brushless 2s
Custom 1/5 scale 6s brushless

Old 10-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #96
Quarry Creeper

How the **** can you remember what all the switches and buttons do, and still drive your trucks?
BansheeManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BansheeManiac View Post
How the **** can you remember what all the switches and buttons do, and still drive your trucks?
Not that difficult because not many switches apply to each vehicle.
Only need to remember that the Mix button gives me Crab steer on my Super and AIL D/R gives me 4 wheel steer. 2. the ELE 3 position is my 2wd/DIG/4wd. 2nd steering wheel -Rudder is obvious Rear steer.

For my Berg I know that my Gear switch is the mix selector for front and rear ESC's, the AIl D/R is another ESC mix and obviously the 2nd trigger is the rear axle esc.

For my 1/5 and Short Course my Aileron D/R momentary button will induce the brake. the rest is normal.

Plenty of other options to add. like turn on lights or do different mix's as I will need the 3 way position for my 3 speed tranny tamiya custom 4runner

Sure beats the heck out of using a regular radio
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #98
RCC Addict

Default Wow

Wow man, that is pretty impressive. Looks like you spent some serious time on it.

Really hate those stick radios huh
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Updates:

I moved and modded my AIL D/R switch as a DUAL mode Momentary button that I activate with my thumb while driving.
I can use the selector switch to select between Constant ON Mix or Constant OFF then press the button to mom off for like a DIG. Or a mom. On mix

Scroll button went dead, so I installed a new button on the back behind the scroll. Much easier to scroll and select.

Finished my Brake button, works great. Vertical Silver tab on the grip handle.

Prior to new Mods
Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 PM   #100
Got Worms?

and people say my radios are complicated, lol

What does the trigger do, in the batt box?-I know i probably should read this thread but i'm not feeling it right, kinda late. and i will proably want to tear my radio apart again and add something.

I like how you was able to get the menu scroll wheel to fit, almost looks factory.

Is that orange stuff rubber?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote