Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: info wanted on Radiolink RC4GS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default info wanted on Radiolink RC4GS

I have seen a couple of videos and I am impressed- but I have yet to hear from someone who is running this set-up lately- I know there is a newer version but I'm a pretty simple guy an don't need 6 channels I'm basically a trail/rock crawler with no ideas for competition - Are these radios holding up? are the receivers holding up? I know that it's gonna take till the devil ice skates to get one so I guess I have to order one soon I guess- as everywhere else my LHS is closed and may not even come back(?) this will be for my TRX4 and 4 other trucks-Thanks in advance
oldblue2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2020, 07:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: info wanted on Radiolink RC4GS

There good for the price,i have one,on mine the throttle is wearing out,so i bought a FLYSKY gt5,a little better than the RL,my opinion tho.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Mine is about 2 years old and I have no regrets.
It's simple, it works and it's 95% of a 300$ radio for 50$.
I even upgraded it for FPV

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jboucher; 04-24-2020 at 07:08 AM.
Jboucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 09:53 PM   #4
RCC Addict

My go-to radio has been a Radiolink RC3S for several years now, I can't tell any difference between it and the RC4GS (yes, they're both 4ch.) I just wanted something with cheap receivers that was better than the typical Flysky gt3b, the Radiolink fit the bill perfectly. I thought I'd use this for my "loaner" cars and keep my favorites on my Spektrum, but I ended up liking the Radiolink better than my much more expensive (and getting outdated) Spektrum. I think I have 6 cars on it right now and it can store 10 profiles? I talked several friends into the RC4GS and they are all pleased. 4ch is more than enough for your trx4 sport, you really only need 2 for basic operation (steering and esc) I use the dial for the on-the-fly drag brake adjustment on my MambaX, and the button for my dig (2 position.) I also buy the 6ch receivers just so I can plug more crap in like lights and bec, the rx's are rated for 12v so no worries there. The menus are much easier to navigate than my Spektrum stuff, and worlds better than the lower end flysky stuff (gt3b, gt3c.) Their gyro receivers work decent, but not as good as Spektrum's AVC if you want to run higher speed/bashers from the Radiolink. My only complaints are the lack of a 3 position switch (only has 2 position, variable knob, and momentary 2 position, but I believe the 6ch version has that option if it matters to you) and on rare occasions it fails to bind immediately when switching the radio then car on, which results in full throttle, full left excitement... I always hold my cars in the air when I power them up because of this, if it doesn't happen immediately, it's good to go. My friends rc4gs's have never had that happen.

It's a good radio for the price and I'd recommend it. I will say that I've been intrigued by the Flysky gt5, but I don't have any first hand experience with them.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:55 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I also got one 2years now ...it works on 4 cars flawlessly and I dont regret buying it. I made a metal ring on it to hang it on a lanyard...better save than sorry, you know . Receivers are cheap and I am looking forward to use it for upcoming rigs.[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by themountain; 04-24-2020 at 02:07 AM.
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:10 AM   #6

They are nice radios. They have a good amount of features and channels and they work well. They are fragile for trail use IMO. I fell with mine in my hand and it banged on the ground and the throttle trigger has never centered ever since. I've dropped other radios or accidentally submitted them to worse abuse and they were fine. Also, the antenna is very prone to snapping. It's a stupid design. I think something with an internal antenna is a better option. I moved to the FlySky GT5 and I'm happy with it.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:45 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the input folks- Now trying to get this radio in less than a month 1/2 if even that is possible As I have said before- This was a bad time to get back into RC - But I'm healthy so at least there's that- hahaha- EGBOK (Everythings Gonna Be OK) for those of you from Los Angeles area and remember that program.
oldblue2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

info wanted on Radiolink RC4GS - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radiolink tx/rx Frank211 Electronics 72 10-21-2020 05:48 PM
Radiolink update software themountain Electronics 0 11-25-2019 01:34 AM
Can I upgrade a Radiolink RC$GS to 6 chn ?? themountain Electronics 2 11-24-2019 12:12 PM
RadioLink T6EHP-E adamargue Electronics 0 02-06-2011 12:04 PM