Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: not a newb but have a question of newb stature

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #1

Default not a newb but have a question of newb stature

Ok so I have Venom Vr3t and I'm retarded apparently because I have a Glitch when I let of the throttle in forward or reverse, it jumps and some times under pressure it feels like it sticks in WOT ( wide open throttle ) for a split second.

I'm running Cheap electronics Vr3t, integy Rock crawler esc and a 45 turn integy lathe, 12 tooth pinion. I think its because I have no idea on how to adjust Epa's and B-mix but Hell I'm not really sure. I have read and tried everything I can think of. if anyone has any ideas besides buying new shit that would be awesome thanks guys.
Brandon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Does your esc have a bec? try adjusting the throttle setting on it.

I have the same controller and it is okay for $40 never had a problem like that before.
THE CRAWLER KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
Suck it up!

Does your motor have capacitors on it? Thats a good source for glitching when running fm radios...
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:55 PM   #4

I totally forgot about cap's thanks guys and on the bec I'm not sure this is the first esc I have had that has no adjustments.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon88 View Post
I totally forgot about cap's thanks guys and on the bec I'm not sure this is the first esc I have had that has no adjustments.

I think Crawler King's answer/question was a 2 part thing...

Your esc does have a bec, I think he was refering to an external or aftermarket bec. The adjustments he was refering to was setting the radio to the esc...forward, brake, reverse.

Sometimes the lack of an external bec will cause crazy things, but if you don't have capacitors that would be the biggest red flag for glitching.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
RCC Addict

If you have disk or chicklet style caps, make sure they are in good shape and not split or anything. If the motor has surface mount caps, make sure the tabs are making good contact with everything. Ive seen surface mount stuff not work properly due to dirt on the mechanical connections to the hoods. Also, make sure you havent dialed out all of the nuetral deadband on your radio. If its too sensitive, it can cause jumping that appears to be glitching.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #7

Ok so I'm old school the most advanced radio I had was a airtronics almost 15 years ago so I'm way good with a mini screw drive and fine adjustments but these new radio's with EPA and bmixing are a little over my head. So what exactly is deadband adjustments I've set my radio up to the specs suggested but when I play with throttle c and change it to exp I can't really notice a change I veiw the graph but it doesn't make any sense to me. And the venom book really is basically useless there really isn't any examples
Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #8

Oh and thanks for all help you guys are awesome !!!
Old 04-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Suck it up!

Quote:
Ok so I'm old school the most advanced radio I had was a airtronics almost 15 years ago so I'm way good with a mini screw drive and fine adjustments but these new radio's with EPA and bmixing are a little over my head. So what exactly is deadband adjustments I've set my radio up to the specs suggested but when I play with throttle c and change it to exp I can't really notice a change I veiw the graph but it doesn't make any sense to me. And the venom book really is basically useless there really isn't any examples
Deadband is basically the amount of movement off-neutral that the steering wheel (for example) will have to go before it starts registering that movement.

Its like being in an old car with loose sloppy steering (wide deadband) and a new car with tight steering (narrow deadband).
Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #10

So Duuude how would I check the dead-band on this radio is it the internal trim settings (i mean it has to be) and would it be the steering trim that could causing this or were you just using that as reference? because on the throttle trim there is a linear line and exp line and when I adjust them I cant find a noticeable difference.

So any way puttin the caps on tonight then we'll see what happens and by the way awesome analogy on the steering gear.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
Suck it up!

Quote:
So Duuude how would I check the dead-band on this radio is it the internal trim settings (i mean it has to be) and would it be the steering trim that could causing this or were you just using that as reference? because on the throttle trim there is a linear line and exp line and when I adjust them I cant find a noticeable difference.

So any way puttin the caps on tonight then we'll see what happens and by the way awesome analogy on the steering gear.
I was using steering as an example. My knowledge with radios is somewhat limited, so I can't tell you if or how to set the deadband. All of my radios thus far have a fixed deadband, and the CC esc's I use can be set to accomodate various radio tolerances.

I've also never played with exponential settings too much...whatever the default is is what I use.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #12

Hey thanks man you've been a lot of help. If I figure it out I'll let you know