Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual brushless motors and speed controls in Tamiya TXT-1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
That's a really good question, and one I do not know the answer to. Integy does have a rep for sometimes turning out cheap knock offs of similar products offered by well known names, but the thing is Integy also has a decent product that pops up from time to time as well. Just for the sake of electronics, I would try to stick to a well known brand. The thing is electronics are not something to skimp on. They are an investment. You can always use electronics in another build someday, when you get tired of this or that truck. Your theory of a cheap brushless system being better then no brushless system might make a little sense, but the old saying goes 'you get what you pay for'. I would echo what the others have said. Why not get yourself a different, single motor, single ESC set-up, that puts out as much, if not more power then a dual motor, dual ESC combo? Double up on the same bettery packs, but in series, and it will be much more powerful. Most 7.2 brushless systems are ment more for the lighter cars and stadium trucks. Not often ment for monster trucks. Chances are you could seriously over tax the Integy system with a truck as big and heavy as the TXT-1. Do you know any specs on the Integy system? Compare them to something like a Novak HV, which is designed for a monster truck. Just checking prices on the Noavk HV, it's about $161 on Tower. Boy, I remember when they were brand new and much more expensive! Novak has great customer service too.
i am about to order a Novak pro brushless HV 5MM system for $259, you say tower has it for $161 i thought tower said it was discontinued??
matrixman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Why don't you get a summit trans, motor and esc you'll have more than enough power. Summit motor is a 775 sized mabuchi and easily has more power than two 550's
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #23

I am looking at 2 castle creations mamba brushless systems and they are both $267 but one is a 2200 and the other is a 2650....is that the winds?? like one is a higher wind then the other?? so i would get the 2650 if i wanted the motor more for crawling although i know of slower crawler systems, and i would get the 2200 if i want speed and power??
Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Why don't you get a summit trans, motor and esc you'll have more than enough power. Summit motor is a 775 sized mabuchi and easily has more power than two 550's

lol...you read my mind that was what i was thinking of first, i was going to put 2 titan 775 motors i think they are titans?? but what i dont get is that there seems to be 2 grounds and 2 hot wires?? ther are 4 wires coming out of the back...how di i wire that?? i was thinking i wire them the same way as a normal 550 titan so i just twist together the two reds, and twist together the 2 grounds and hook them to my super duty XR...but then again why are there 4 wires on the motor?? and do you think my super duty XR is powerful enough for those two 775's
Old 04-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #25

Quote:

also i found the brackets to mount the emaxx tranny but how would i mount the summit?? and also do you know where i can find a complete emaxx tranny?? or a summit?? i found all the parts and could just order all the parts and build it but i dont really know what to order and dont want to miss anything...also a 775 motor should fit in my stock txt-1 tranny since i have a 900 size drill motor mounted on my stock txt tranny right now with no modifications...it bolted right on screw holes and all
Old 04-18-2010, 09:15 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUYD8&P=7

Not all the winds are in stock, but yes, Tower has the HV for $161. I would take brushless over brushed, if you just want to go fast. And it sounds like you do. Those 775 motors will wear out eventually. They aren't really rebuildable either.
Espeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUYD8&P=7

Not all the winds are in stock, but yes, Tower has the HV for $161. I would take brushless over brushed, if you just want to go fast. And it sounds like you do. Those 775 motors will wear out eventually. They aren't really rebuildable either.

awsome thanks im going to do that, the Novak systems are good...what about the 5.5 system its the same price would that be faster than the 6.5
Old 04-18-2010, 09:42 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Here's your replacement motors and a lot cheaper than rebadged "titans"
18V version: http://banebots.com/pc/MOTOR-BRUSH/M5-RS775-18
12V version: http://banebots.com/pc/MOTOR-BRUSH/M5-RS775-12
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Here's your replacement motors and a lot cheaper than rebadged "titans"
18V version: http://banebots.com/pc/MOTOR-BRUSH/M5-RS775-18
12V version: http://banebots.com/pc/MOTOR-BRUSH/M5-RS775-12

cool thanks, do you know where i can find a complete emax tranny?? im looking everywhere and all i can find is the parts and i can obviously build it but am not sure if the parts im getting are correct...and i dont shop on ebay so thats out
Old 04-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #30
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixman View Post
cool thanks, do you know where i can find a complete emax tranny?? im looking everywhere and all i can find is the parts and i can obviously build it but am not sure if the parts im getting are correct...and i dont shop on ebay so thats out
You might try putting an ad in the wanted section. I'm sure someone has one. Good luck on the Summit trans though...they're pretty popular with the SCX10 crowd right now...

To answer your question about the brushless motor numbers...if its a three or four digit number, that is its kv or kilovolt rating. That means that for every volt you feed it, it will spin that many rpms.

Example: A 2000kv motor will spin 2000 rpms @ 1 volt, 4,000 rpms @ 2 volts, etc etc.

You need to figure out how much juice you want to run before you lay down cash on a motor. Those motors that are designed to go into the big monster trucks have a fairly conservative kv rating, but are capable of running on tons of battery power, some up to 24v (6s lipo).
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote