Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: anybody used Duratrax esc?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default anybody used Duratrax esc?

I'm looking at theDuratrax Intellispeed 8t w/reverse esc wondering if anyone has experience with it. Mainly I want to know if the ABS can can be turned off and if the reverse delay can be turned down to 0sec. I started looking at teh duratrax esc's when I heard they had auto-braking when the throttle was in neutral but thats only the 8t forward only.
4x4XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

With all that i've heard and with my own experiences with a couple of these things, that delay is set. Maybee its different on the 8t from the 12t, but, i doubt it.
Amaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:00 PM   #3

i have a 8t model right now that was in my rc10t it seems to due ok especially with what its been thro.. lets just say my gearing was off .. i ran an 11t motor.. it got soo hot the spring got weak and no longer will puch the brush in to make contact with the coomutator. so the esc has shut down more then once due to heat and it still works.. doesnt work well when the battery is real low tho.. but i pad like 75 bux for it and its worked ok so far. as far as bein able to turn the abs of ill have to check. ill let you know tho.
kyled123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:07 PM   #4

mine doesnt have reverse delay.. it dont have reverse as to the abs bein turned off i havent found anything saying that it can im reading thro the papers for it as i type.. ok i read the manual. and i dont think it can be turned off it says nothing about it in there.. hope this helped. later
kyle
Old 01-31-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

on the spec sheets from duratrax it says on the 12t and 8t models with reverse, you can adjust the reverse delay (not sure if it can be turned all the way to zero) and it say you can adjust the traction control. I'm thinking that is referring to the amp limits you can set on take off to keep the tires from spinning on takeoff. I'm pretty sure ABS would be of no advantage and be unreliable when crawling. Anyone pitch in if you know about the adjustments and all the features.
4x4XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
Powered by Awesome

i run a streak in my drifter, works great

I also run an intellaspeed sport with reverse in my crawler... i hate it. it has a reverse delay, so if your climbing and the front end starts to lift on ya, you slam it into reverse it has like a 2 second delay. flop... over ya go, rubber side up. so dont use it. heck, i might be sellin one, or i migth put it in my drifter and shelf the streak.... i dunno.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #7

if i was to be in same situation i was then with my budget id probly go a different route since no reverse is a pita. id probly try to get a used reverable esc like a super rooster or somethin. but now with tekin back. im gettin a rebel 2.. and eveutually mayb a 420f. but thats all i got to say. later
kyle
Old 01-31-2006, 05:11 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

4X4XJ, I run that ESC in this truck,

The TXT tuber you see has a MM which is quiet power hungry for a crawler, and weights in at about 11 pounds. I have had the ESC in there for 2 years and never had a problem. I don't notice the reverse delay at all.

Other people may say bad things about Duratax but it has worked great for me.
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:18 AM   #9
RCC Addict

acceleration time and reverse delay are adjustable

set the acc time on 0.09 sec
and brake delay off
runs fine
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:58 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

The Duratrax S/C's are actually a good reliable unit. We had very few complaints about them and I would say the root cause of most complaints was failure to read the instructions. The only downfall is the somewhat weak BEC supply. If you are not going to run 4WS with monster servos on your rig then you should be good to go.
thaclodking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Reverse delay and ABS can both be turned off.
floogldood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

I have the 8t on my crawler, so far I cant complain about it...does only have 5v 1 amp to the esc but I believe its like 480 amp to the motor (which in my opinion is what you realy need, if you dont have 4ws) I run a 1/4 servo and with the 1 amp I can "walk" my crawler all over the place
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:27 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedXT
i run a streak in my drifter, works great

I also run an intellaspeed sport with reverse in my crawler... i hate it. it has a reverse delay, so if your climbing and the front end starts to lift on ya, you slam it into reverse it has like a 2 second delay. flop... over ya go, rubber side up. so dont use it. heck, i might be sellin one, or i migth put it in my drifter and shelf the streak.... i dunno.
deactivated reverse delay
click
EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:30 PM   #14