Notices

Thread: Tekin Problem or Radio Problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Tekin Problem or Radio Problem?

This has happened twice. Once it went away on its own
Now it seems here to stay.

The problem is complete loss of stopping power (hill holding Power) in reverse.

For almost a year my FXR has worked the same forward as reverse. Let go of the throttle and wheels stop. As of the other day, it still stops in the forward direction, but in reverse it coasts to a stop. It also won't hold a hill (rolls down backwards every time).

When the problem happened, the FXR would not arm if the radio was on. When I turned the radio off it would arm immediately.

It was like the FXR was getting some kind of light signal that was keeping it from arming, and maybe that light signal was reverse throttle (which would make it coast backwards).

I turned up the reverse throttle EXP (way up) and the problem disappeared completely, and the FRX would arm with the radio on. It doesn't have the dead trigger feel that a high EXP normally gives you though.

What does that sound like? To me it sounds like something in the radio, which is a DX3r. Thoughts?

Thanks-
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you have access to a hotwire, hook it up and adjust some of the parameters. I'm not sure if it's a radio problem or ESC problem though.

Try setting it up with a fresh model if you can. Re set the ESC, rebind the receiver and set it up again from scratch.
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

make sure your radio trim is centered.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:54 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
make sure your radio trim is centered.
X2 Trim issue!
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I thought I had this worked out. I even put in a new Tekin and BEC. Today on a 98 degree day in the sun, it did it again. It seemed to be a heat issue. It won't do it at my house, if it sits a while it won't do it immediately, but it will start doing it madway through a course.

That leaves the Punk dig and the Spektrum reciever. I can't imagine what component of the dig would make the truck loose it's holding power in one direction.

So is the Reciever suceptable to heat issues? When a Tekin overheats it shuts down, so I'm pretty sure thats not it.

Any more ideas?
Old 07-12-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Well... for anyone with a similar problem, I found a work around... even though I still don't know what makes it randomly let go of the reverse hold.

I reset the radio with neutral everything and reset the ESC. I think maybe the throttle trim got a little wacky jack from resetting the ESC without resetting the radio to neutral. (I hope thats what it was)

Anyway... if it does it again, I should be able to turn up the forward trim enough to hold the truck in place. (in theory)
Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Good to know, I'm having the same problem. Forward would stop on a dime but reverse it would coast to a stop. I just recently happened to notice the reverse coasting, I have been running this for over a year now. I looked through the manual and it said make sure radio trigger setting is set to NORMAL, not REVERSE. Mine was in reverse all this time so I had to swap wires to the motor. And I screwed with some of the setting on hotwire, so now rev stops quick but forward coasts and it has a weak drag brake. if you didn't understand what I just typed, i understand, but I do have a similiar as Harvo here.
motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:51 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Harvo or anyone else, if your still having this problem, i talked to tekin last night for thesame problem and what we did was set your epa's on your for/rev as high as they go and do a reset on the esc and recalibrate it. I now have smooth forward and reverse with drag brake.

Thanks to Chris from Tekin
motorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:02 AM   #9
Just jump it!

I found if you up the neutral width on the hotwires to around 70-73 mine stopped doing it.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote