RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   %$*&% xcelorin system going in trash can! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/269699-%25%24%2A-%25-xcelorin-system-going-trash-can.html)

DirtyDezPirate 09-12-2010 11:07 PM

%$*&% xcelorin system going in trash can!

Ok I am fed up with the xcelorin system.. every time I hook it up and run it for one battery it runs fine after program, setup, etc.. then next pack taking it out with rest of other crawlers. It lit in smoke! what the hell?!?!?! :twisted:

So what should I get to replace the shit xcelo:flipoff:rin?

Locked Up 09-12-2010 11:35 PM

I'm a fan of castle products. They stand behind their stuff and it's buttery smooth.

I'd look at a sidewinder or mamba max/monster ... depends on what you are putting it in.

TrailDawg362 09-12-2010 11:40 PM

I had the same problem with the Dynamite FU2E system. The first one was replaced by the hobbyshop, and when #2 fried I got replacement from Horizon. #3 went back to the store for credit before even hooking it up. My Novak and Sidewinder BL systems are still running strong after years of use.

BC-Brian 09-13-2010 09:37 AM

Better ESC

Sorry to hear about your system. I am a big fan of Castle stuff and use them in just about everything. I also like the FXR for my MOA crawler, Nice 'n' Small.

Frankenwheely 09-13-2010 10:44 AM

Tekin FXR. Small and easy to program on the fly."thumbsup"

CruiserHead 09-13-2010 02:57 PM

Castle in general make a great product, but I hate my Sidewinder! Even with the new firmware and software its weak on power. I run 3s batteries and it still just lacks power. In the manual it says that it puts out 2/3 of the power of a mamba. Fair enough....

If you are a toodler, then maybe the Sidewinder is fine. if you want to wheel your rig hard like i do. Skip it.....

Just my 2cents...

GL

fa1rch1ld 09-13-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate (Post 2633174)
Ok I am fed up with the xcelorin system.. every time I hook it up and run it for one battery it runs fine after program, setup, etc.. then next pack taking it out with rest of other crawlers. It lit in smoke! what the hell?!?!?! :twisted:

So what should I get to replace the shit xcelo:flipoff:rin?

Does seem like Xcel is hit or miss...I burnt up 2 of them....This 3rd one is finally
going strong for many months now...
I would buy Castle of Tekin....GL

skid plate 09-13-2010 05:40 PM

I like Castle products.

Highly recomend the Mamba Max Pro.

If your planning to run sensored brushless, this is da shit!

2S to 6S, fully programmable, with cheat mode if you can handle a boost turbo. WOW!

I have lot's of castle products, but the 2 MMPro's that I have are killa. 1 in my LCC and 1 in my slash.

Have fun, lifes short.

JC
8)

DirtyDezPirate 09-15-2010 12:26 AM

what is "MMP" that everyone has talked about? I asked LHS, they have no clue..

DirtyDezPirate 09-15-2010 12:27 AM

oh Anyone running an novak system? Keith told me he never had issue with his goat3s with ballastic 18.5 brushless.

mutiny22 09-15-2010 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate (Post 2636812)
what is "MMP" that everyone has talked about? I asked LHS, they have no clue..

MMP is Castle products Mamba Max Pro. I have never used it but have only heard good things about it. http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/csemaxpro4600.htm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate (Post 2636814)
oh Anyone running an novak system? Keith told me he never had issue with his goat3s with ballastic 18.5 brushless.

I have been running this for a few months now and I'm real happy with it so far.

DirtyDezPirate 09-19-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenwheely (Post 2633677)
Tekin FXR. Small and easy to program on the fly."thumbsup"

that stuff is for brushed motors not brush-less.. thanks.

DirtyDezPirate 09-19-2010 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiserHead (Post 2633997)
Castle in general make a great product, but I hate my Sidewinder! Even with the new firmware and software its weak on power. I run 3s batteries and it still just lacks power. In the manual it says that it puts out 2/3 of the power of a mamba. Fair enough....

If you are a toodler, then maybe the Sidewinder is fine. if you want to wheel your rig hard like i do. Skip it.....

Just my 2cents...

GL

im no toodler, i like wheel speed when needed, but rollin slow when speed is not needed.. so then what skip it to?

zeddy 09-20-2010 11:08 AM

Everyone I know is running a castle product, one of the guys got a doa one and castle was awesome about it, the tech support guy walk him threw a couple things then took his name and overnighted him one, can't get better than that.
I think they are all running sidewinders. I chose to be different and bought a Tekin FXR, so far I am really impressed with it, I am going to tape a cheat sheet on the bottom of my body for the on the fly programming, for that feature it cant be beat!

EDIT sorry I just saw u are looking to run a brushless, nevermind

bayareaaxial 09-20-2010 11:21 AM

Im running the goat 2s with the 18.5 and I love it you can pick them up used for about 100.00 bucks on here

DirtyDezPirate 09-20-2010 11:38 PM

I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO READ ON HERE.. I SAID BRUSHLESS.. I ALREADY HAVE BRUSHLESS MOTORS, AND THE LCC/CCR NEEDS MORE THAN 2S TO RUN 2 SERVOS AND A ESC/MOTOR.

So yeah Im running on 11.1v 3s 1300mah batteries to operate it with correct competition run time. Anyhow yes I am looking for help with upgrading from Xcelorin (they're all brushless not brushed) system to something better that wont last me only two packs and then smoke into fire!

JeremyH 09-21-2010 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyDezPirate (Post 2647478)
I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO READ ON HERE.. I SAID BRUSHLESS.. I ALREADY HAVE BRUSHLESS MOTORS, AND THE LCC/CCR NEEDS MORE THAN 2S TO RUN 2 SERVOS AND A ESC/MOTOR.

Woah....no need to get upset. As PLENTY of folks here have mentioned, the Castle Creations Mambe Max Pro will run everything you listed....including your brushless motor (sensored or not). Tekin also makes a brushless ESC....called the RS Pro. And lastly, Novak also makes am ESC that will run your setup....called the Goat 3S (in fact, their website shows it installed in a LCC).

d.a.v.e 09-21-2010 07:46 AM

I just had the same problem with my losi system going up in smoke (lasted about 5 min). I'm new to crawling but noticed that most the folks at the course I plan on going to were running the goat system (some 2c some 3c). I just ordered the 3 cell goat with ballistic combo mentioned earlier, it should be in tomorrow. I did not see any with ballistic motors when I visited the local course but I have had good experiences with them in the past so I spent the extra to get it over the other system offered. I also liked the fact that it included a external BEC saving an extra $20. If your going with one of the high voltage servos you probably want the castle BEC but for now :ror: I don't have one of those.