RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Can't get my Airtronics MX-3 Aux channel to work right.... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/272030-cant-get-my-airtronics-mx-3-aux-channel-work-right.html)

CentralCoaster 09-25-2010 10:20 PM

Can't get my Airtronics MX-3 Aux channel to work right....

I'm trying to use my mx3-fhss1 AUX channel for turning on the lights.

But the voltage out with switch off is about 0.25V, on is 0.6V

WTF? I want it to operate as an on/off switch for the 5-6V to power my LED system. Is my radio busted? I tried messing with the EPA and other radio adjustments, no luck.

wantAsummit 09-26-2010 05:15 AM

Unfortunately, you can't just drive an LED right from your receiver. You need an interface which can interpret the signal coming from your receiver an then control your LED appropriately. This may be what you are looking for: PicoSwitch. There are a few options out there like this. Also, make sure your LEDs have some sort of current regulation built in or you will need to add some resistors as well.

CentralCoaster 09-26-2010 08:54 AM

Actually thanks but I am driving them right from the receiver and it works fine using the 6V from it and resistors as needed to get the LED voltages right, so that wasn't really my question.

What I want to use is the switch instead so I can turn them on and off at the controller instead of by unplugging it. If the Aux switched that channel from 0V to the BEC voltage it'd work. My Aux channel isn't doing that though. What voltage is it supposed to deliver to the aux signal wire? The airtronics manual is useless.

wantAsummit 09-26-2010 09:40 AM

I guess the problem would be the way that a receiver drives a servo or ESC. There is a power, ground, and signal wire. I am guessing that you must have the LED hooked up to just the power and ground at this point and that is why it turns on and lights up fine. To have any control over it, you would need to use the signal wire as well. The signal wire is what tells the servo what position to go (or if the LED should light up or not). In the end, you will need some sort of adapter to accomplish this from the aux channel. Or you could just let the LEDs run all the time. This is easy and free since you are already doing it.

benoj 09-26-2010 09:44 AM

if you have an old servo laying around you can use the servo board to turn ur lights on and off just wire them wherethe motor went and adjust the pot for each position so off would be the servos center and on would be when it tries to move one direction you just need to figure out the motor tabs polarities

CentralCoaster 09-26-2010 01:27 PM

Hmm. I guess I was wrong to assume the servo operated with a 0-5v signal. I figured it was just a stepper motor. I guess I'll just throw a switch on there.