Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: My esc up in smoke..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 07:07 AM   #1

Default My esc up in smoke..

last night when I was doing a check over,after some time spent on the rocks and rig testing on the OutCry esc I noticed that a 2pin red plug was loose plugged it in to it the esc, where It looked like it belonged 2pin male 2 pin female. Another blk/ wht wire was loose so I plugged it in to the aux, turn it on the smoke.thick smoke. the red and white wire w/ the free red lead melted. After unplugging the bat lead. now when the esc is turned on it bleeps, and then a red light blinks. I checked if any thing was crossed or plugged in wrong.All the wires are in right and it dosn't respond to f or r. What smoked, and how come. This is my comp type Crawler set up. 3600ahm 7.2 nihm, OutCry esc, Fatuba reciever transmitter. 55t motor 13 pinion,87 spur. I don't know if this makes a difference but, it ran faster in reverse than forward and aa day ago it was running same speed forward & reverse, And looked like it was going to have a glitch seizure. drove itself no in put from me. the throttle trim would only work in reverse not forward. What would be a decent esc with a strong brake 180a , forward and reverse with no hesitation. or should I have him exchange the 1 motor esc for the 2 motor? Or ask for a better esc? this is my second OutCry esc. the other sparked and died with trimmers. Mamba, goat, rooster, other esc would be a fair trade up??? If I wanted a fire I'd start my bbq pit

Last edited by stoneface; 10-02-2010 at 07:16 AM.
stoneface is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

i dont know anything about the outcry but i know that castle escs are awesome. the escs that i would buy are the castle mamba max, sidewinder, teken fxr, holmes hobbies torque master br-xl waterproof.

these escs have earned there place in this sport.
jamesdicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #3

I'm leaning towards the CC putting the cg lowered. small, and has power to move a heavy beast and stop it. sweet!!
Old 10-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

It sounds to me that your 2 pin for the BEC was attached to the esc backwards. That will smoke your esc.
I have found that the Outcry will glitch when using an am radio system. With a 2.4 it does not glitch at all.
YMMV.

Also I just replaced my Outcry with a CC Sidewinder system with Castle link and CC BEC. My Outcry has performed well for me but the Castle system is so much more versatile.
Norcal_GIT_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #5

Funny you mention that,, I email asked CC about thier micro esc. since CC has some of the better esc and the link,I put the outcry using in to the scrap pile. so here soon I'll be switching to the m sidewinder. I've had 2 of the oc and wasn't that impressed. If they work well for others, I'm glad for them. But the cc stuff saves alot of guess work. like you said it's way more versatile, Also I'm getting tired of second rate esc for just getting by. If I'm wanting to do some comps, the esc has to be up to the task. hence the profile set ups. Thanks for you reply, One thing I learned if it ain't got directions don't use it.