Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Tekin FX-R and CC BEC diagram

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Tekin FX-R and CC BEC diagram

Hi i did a bit of reading in many threads and it gets confusing i'm using to wire my Tekin FXr 55t combo using this diagram \

So in this set upon castle CC BEC u have to disconect orange wire ?On the pictures shows yellow.
Than using the Y extension one end to servo and the other so rx.
What will be hook up for two servos going to run VP dig any help i'm going crazy from all this
cliffhanger007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger007 View Post
Hi i did a bit of reading in many threads and it gets confusing i'm using to wire my Tekin FXr 55t combo using this diagram \

So in this set upon castle CC BEC u have to disconect orange wire ?On the pictures shows yellow.
What will be hook up for two servos going to run VP dig any help i'm going crazy from all this
Um I wouldn't do that.. idk what it would do but.. pull the red wire out of the servo plug on the esc and plug the bec into the rx batt port
paintz2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
Um I wouldn't do that.. idk what it would do but.. pull the red wire out of the servo plug on the esc and plug the bec into the rx batt port
x2
don't cut the red wire like i did, just what paintz2007 said, pull it from the ESC conector & shrink wrap it
(the one going into the throttle port, in your picture)
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintz2007 View Post
The diagram is correct,,and if you dont know,,why would you assume its wrong

Last edited by rmdesignworks; 10-10-2010 at 08:51 AM.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #5
RCC Addict

This is how I run my BEC. I dicided to run this way instead of running with the red wire from the ESC abandoned because of glitching. When I ran the BEC powering the steering (digital) servo and the dig servo (analog), the analog servo would glitch severely. Once I separated the servos power supplies, no more glitching.

The only mildly more difficult part of this setup is you need to splice into wires or like I did, place mini dean's connectors in order to get it up and going.

Good luck
Eritex Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

The bec can be wired direct to the servo and the esc powers the esc,,the servo signal wire goes to the Rx
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

plug your dig servo into the Rx and let the ESC power the Rx and dig servo, DONT cut the red wire on the esc, plug the FXR into the Rx like normal,the BEC will power the steering servo only,,the orange wire on the bec gets taped back its only for programming the BEC. DOnt
Old 10-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

can i plug the dig servo into aux in Rx?will that work without glitching?
Old 10-11-2010, 11:01 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

here is the diagram i'm thinking of using.Is it correct?

Old 10-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
here is the diagram i'm thinking of using.Is it correct?

Your drawn diagram is the same as the one you posted in the original post. I never had glitching issues running mine the "Castle way" but I was severely over volting my dig servo.

This way will put the higher voltage to your steering servo only.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

yes it's the same but i added the Y harness.
SO the voltage would be higher in steering servo and what about the dig servo pluged in AUX port?will the voltage be ok is the servo harnes hook properly?

Last edited by cliffhanger007; 10-11-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
yes it's the same but i added the Y harness.
SO the voltage would be higher in steering servo and what about the dig servo pluged in AUX port?will the voltage be ok is the servo harnes hook properly?
I made a y harness for mine also. your did servo looks ok, it will get the lower voltage from the esc/rx. be sure to post pics of your harness
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:49 AM   #13
Tossin' Salad

I have my front and rear steer rig set up like this.

I have my dig rig set up like this.

You can clearly see, the dig rig setup is puting the BEC directly to the steering servo which leaves the dig servo at the voltage set by the ESC. The 4steer rig is setup so the BEC runs the voltage to anything on the receiver. I have both BECs set at 7.0 volts.

Last edited by KC_JoNeS; 10-12-2010 at 01:52 AM.
KC_JoNeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default My Truck has gone mad

Ok I got a FXR, CC BEC @ 7.4v, 7950th steering, 645mg dig, and I wired it just like the wiring diagram at the top of this page.

Tonight it all hit the fan. I was really excited to get all this wired up and I plugged in a brand new 3s pack. The dig servo started to twitch, and when I say twitch it was moving from 4wd to open rear all by its self. I was not touching the tx. The throttle stopped responding and all of a sudden I saw a little bit of smoke coming from my new battery. I imediately unplugged the batter and got it out of there. There are two small burn marks on the shrink wrap on the pack. Also the bec power wires were pretty hot. Right where they are spliced into the power wires coming into my FXR.

I am a bit scared to touch anything now
Aggie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #15
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian3323 View Post
Ok I got a FXR, CC BEC @ 7.4v, 7950th steering, 645mg dig, and I wired it just like the wiring diagram at the top of this page.

Tonight it all hit the fan. I was really excited to get all this wired up and I plugged in a brand new 3s pack. The dig servo started to twitch, and when I say twitch it was moving from 4wd to open rear all by its self. I was not touching the tx. The throttle stopped responding and all of a sudden I saw a little bit of smoke coming from my new battery. I imediately unplugged the batter and got it out of there. There are two small burn marks on the shrink wrap on the pack. Also the bec power wires were pretty hot. Right where they are spliced into the power wires coming into my FXR.

I am a bit scared to touch anything now
I would first go through all of your wiring and verify that you have everything correct. I have my dig rig wired like that...but have no glitching at all. Just check your connections and your diagram again.

Casey
Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_JoNeS View Post
I would first go through all of your wiring and verify that you have everything correct. I have my dig rig wired like that...but have no glitching at all. Just check your connections and your diagram again.

Casey

Anyone see anything wrong? I have no idea what, but something is very wrong. I am hoping it is just the battery and I know HH will take care of me there.

Last edited by Aggie01; 10-12-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:52 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

i used this Y harness

did u check you wiring?and did u wire as the first picture or the last posted picture?Man i'm getting scared to hook it up
Old 10-12-2010, 11:17 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I wired mine exactly like the first picture on this thread. The dig setup on Kasey's is also wired the same as mine. I have seen this wiring diagram a hundred times before on the electronics forum. I think I got it off of the bec thread. I don't know what happened. I have thriple checked everything. It is wired correctly. I am soldering a deans on a 7.4 nicd pack right now just to see if I can narrow it down to a bad lipo pack. I just got the lipo battery, charged it earlier in the day on my hyperion, also new. I probably only ran it for five minutes and saw smoke.

The only place I might have screwed up is the bec to the 7950. I wired it red to red and brown on bec to black on servo. yellow servo wire is wired to rx and orange bec wire is taped off. I am 90% sure this is right, but the colors on each diagram are different.

Last edited by Aggie01; 10-12-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:45 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

so did it worked?LMK i'm wireing tomorrow mine.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #20
Tossin' Salad

Quote:
so did it worked?LMK i'm wireing tomorrow mine.
Read my post #13 again. I think it is the easiest set of diagrams to follow. Either way will work fine if you do them correctly.

Casey