Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

guidetti_angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #83
RCC Addict

No sad faces, it won't be allowed.

It snowed over a foot here this weekend, looks like I won't be getting any outdoor video. I'll try to get some footage inside but it will be pretty boring..
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
No sad faces, it won't be allowed.

It snowed over a foot here this weekend, looks like I won't be getting any outdoor video. I'll try to get some footage inside but it will be pretty boring..

you are excused because of the the bad weather
at least a picture of Lcc with THE MOTOR
within few days i will have my first 21.5 tekin with 14mm rotor..
i also need a rs to control my motor! but i have already tried it here in italy
Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #85
RCC Addict

COOL !!

this may be the motor i am looking for in my big/heavy IFS KOH rig

cant wait !!
thanks Tekin

the DmG
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #86
RCC Addict

Ok fellas, as promised, pics of the ROC mounted in the LCC! I'm no photographer, but these came out decent:

Old 03-30-2011, 10:50 AM   #87
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Ok fellas, as promised, pics of the ROC mounted in the LCC! I'm no photographer, but these came out decent:

Awesome!!!
Impressions?
When i can buy it? Do you use rs Esc?
Old 03-30-2011, 11:32 AM   #88
RCC Addict

It's quick and it feels like I can break this rig anytime I want

It's VERY smooth and I think it is THE motor/ESC setup for this rig. I used an RS and once you dial in the minimum throttle and get a little expo in your radio it is awesome! I'll try to get some video, I'm headed to Utah for an offroad race but I might bring the crawlers to get a little video action if it's possible!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Here it is mounted in my Class 2 Bronco:

This truck pops wheelies with the 2500kv!

Old 03-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #90
Rock Crawler

Very good..what do you say me about temperatures of Esc and motor?
Sorry for my question but i'm very interested of this product.
For now have you Tried only 2500 kv on lcc, 1800 and 2100 have much more torque..
Now i run 18.5 ballistic (1650 kv) but i could azzard 1800 or 2100 with tekin that has 18.5 rotor!
Old 03-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by guidetti_angelo View Post
Very good..what do you say me about temperatures of Esc and motor?
Sorry for my question but i'm very interested of this product.
For now have you Tried only 2500 kv on lcc, 1800 and 2100 have much more torque..
Now i run 18.5 ballistic (1650 kv) but i could azzard 1800 or 2100 with tekin that has 18.5 rotor!
I'm not sure you'll need more torque, this motor has destroyed the drivetrain in my SCX10's with ease, even with the slipper clutches. I'm not too sure on heat in this LCC rig but in my scalers and Bastard JR comp rig I never saw over 110*F on the motor and the ESC was maybe 2 LEDs on the onboard temp monitor (which is in the neighborhood of 100-120*F.

Once the snow is melting around here and the crawling spots are accessible I will be able to get some real rock testing in. However I ran the ROC all last fall in my scaler and saw the above temps. I just got the LCC and maybe have 5 minutes of drive time on it total.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:11 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm not sure you'll need more torque, this motor has destroyed the drivetrain in my SCX10's with ease, even with the slipper clutches. I'm not too sure on heat in this LCC rig but in my scalers and Bastard JR comp rig I never saw over 110*F on the motor and the ESC was maybe 2 LEDs on the onboard temp monitor (which is in the neighborhood of 100-120*F.

Once the snow is melting around here and the crawling spots are accessible I will be able to get some real rock testing in. However I ran the ROC all last fall in my scaler and saw the above temps. I just got the LCC and maybe have 5 minutes of drive time on it total.
After this words i can't wait to purchase this fantastic product..!!
How Long do you estime for release?
Tomorrow i will have my first 21.5 tekin with 14mm rotor..
Can you tell me how much kv with This rotor?
Tanks for your support!!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

I have some time until I can work on my newest scaler. Can you tell me how this motor compares length wise to a HH 7T Puller? I know a puller will fit in the space, but an 1/8 size motor most likely will not. This motor seems like it will be a great choce if it fits.

Good luck in the race.
Team Tactical Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I will be interested to see how it works with 2S on LCC. I am using RS and 17.5T 14T 3S now on my LCC but I want to go 2S and gear high. Reasons are to eliminate the CC BEC, use HV servo and raise the motor with high gear to avoid the link end hitting the motor can edge. I found the Novak 18.5T Ballistic crawler to have the ideal end bell profile and sensor wire connector location as being perfect.

For same reason (end bell profile and sensor connector location) on the Novak Crawler motor, I use it in my XR10 and I have enough motor clearance in the front lower links compared with Redline. I am using 2S on my XR10 and hoping you will come up with a brushless motor can for the MOA market.

Last edited by axelram; 03-30-2011 at 07:07 PM.
axelram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #95
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Here it is mounted in my Class 2 Bronco:

This truck pops wheelies with the 2500kv!

wow awesome...
may i know whats the spur/pinion combo the time it can pop wheelie... this is definitely a must get motor!!!
well done tekin!!
JonehRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tactical Bacon View Post
I have some time until I can work on my newest scaler. Can you tell me how this motor compares length wise to a HH 7T Puller? I know a puller will fit in the space, but an 1/8 size motor most likely will not. This motor seems like it will be a great choce if it fits.

Good luck in the race.
The can is 53mm in length, jut under 55mm if you count the sensor port.

Thanks, race should be fun this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelram View Post
I will be interested to see how it works with 2S on LCC. I am using RS and 17.5T 14T 3S now on my LCC but I want to go 2S and gear high. Reasons are to eliminate the CC BEC, use HV servo and raise the motor with high gear to avoid the link end hitting the motor can edge. I found the Novak 18.5T Ballistic crawler to have the ideal end bell profile and sensor wire connector location as being perfect.

For same reason (end bell profile and sensor connector location) on the Novak Crawler motor, I use it in my XR10 and I have enough motor clearance in the front lower links compared with Redline. I am using 2S on my XR10 and hoping you will come up with a brushless motor can for the MOA market.
2S is actually very good in the LCC, probably what I would choose to run over the 3S setup. The endbell just barely hits the lower link if the truck is at full flex in the rear. Otherwise, it dropped right in with no problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonehRC View Post
wow awesome...
may i know whats the spur/pinion combo the time it can pop wheelie... this is definitely a must get motor!!!
well done tekin!!
I have 21T on the stock spur gear. It won't pull wheelies with my 2S 5000mAh up front but once I install my CMS kit and mount a smaller Lipo to the rear, it does if there is enough traction!
Old 03-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

What pinion gear you used on LCC for the 2s setup?
Old 03-31-2011, 01:42 PM   #98
RCC Addict

There is an 18T on it right now, not sure if that's where I'll stay. Haven't got a chance to get it on any rocks with all the snow..
Old 03-31-2011, 05:26 PM   #99

What are the power figures looking like for these beasts, have y'all gotten a wattage figure yet? I'm a horsepower junkie and I'm itching for some satisfaction.
Jmsideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
There is an 18T on it right now, not sure if that's where I'll stay. Haven't got a chance to get it on any rocks with all the snow..
18T or 17T, that's a lot of clearance on the link. I want this motor for my LCC and run 2S.

As to having it on my XR10 on 2S, this might not be the motor because the sensor port sticking at the end bell is problematic in terms of fit and reliability.