Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Partial metal gears for traxxas 2075 servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Partial metal gears for traxxas 2075 servo

I stripped a servo gear in my 2075 and didn't want to go buy new gears for it so I looked around and found a spare servo laying around. It was an axial as-2 servo, I took the gears out of it and the 2nd and 3rd gears from the bottom fit. Like the top to gears in this picture:

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...t:429,r:16,s:0

Just wanted to share that, so others with 2075 servos could have some metal gears.
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
cherry bomb

good to know, I just ordered a traxxas 2075 to put in my scaler, and I happen to have a spare AS-2, better hang onto that!
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

has anyone found a complete metal set for this servo yet?
dingo2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:37 AM   #4

Hey everyone, can someone please help me find where you can buy Axial AS-2 replacement gears. I have a traxxas summit and I would like to try installing the same type of gears that were described previously however every search has returned little results.

Thank you in advance!
SummitMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitMonster View Post
Hey everyone, can someone please help me find where you can buy Axial AS-2 replacement gears. I have a traxxas summit and I would like to try installing the same type of gears that were described previously however every search has returned little results.

Thank you in advance!
You might be able to find a whole servo in the classifieds but thats the only place I can think of. As it turned out for me the weaker plastic gears still in there would strip out faster as the metal gears sheered off the teeth of the plastic gears.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #6

Yeah, I get that the plastic gears would still be the weakest link, I just find it hard to believe that no one has been able to successfully install a full set of metal gears on a Traxxas 2075, using parts from another manufacture.

If I decide to ditch the 2075, what would be a good replacement? Keep in mind that this is for a Summit not a full-blown crawler.
SummitMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:47 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitMonster View Post
Yeah, I get that the plastic gears would still be the weakest link, I just find it hard to believe that no one has been able to successfully install a full set of metal gears on a Traxxas 2075, using parts from another manufacture.

If I decide to ditch the 2075, what would be a good replacement? Keep in mind that this is for a Summit not a full-blown crawler.
You could go with something like a 7955 or 5955 which should have good torque. You could also go with dual 645's just keep in mind that those aren't waterproof but there is a good sticky at the top of the electronics section for waterproofing.