Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #2001
RCC Addict

Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Thats good to know. I will get this dialed tonight.

Funny thing is my rig was not much different in setup, and I was not having any issues. I went to condense my stuff just a bit and this happens.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #2002
Rock Stacker

I just got a 4pl and had to reverse servo on controller so it works correct. But the display is opposite. If I turn controller left truck turns left but display turns right. Is there a way to change the display too
808toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #2003
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808toys View Post
I just got a 4pl and had to reverse servo on controller so it works correct. But the display is opposite. If I turn controller left truck turns left but display turns right. Is there a way to change the display too
The display reverses when you reverse the channel. So unless you physically change your steering setup that bar won't correlate with the direction.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #2004
Rock Stacker

I reversed my channel so does that mean it supposed to change display automatic
808toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:02 PM   #2005
RCC Addict

Need some Futaba expert help please. I have a 4pl and am having issues with it when using a Tekin RS. The lights on the Tekin light up when the esc is NOT plugged into the rx. When the ESC is plugged in, no lights on the esc and the lights on the the rx flash red and green at the same time.

In the Futaba manual it says nothing of what flashing red/green at the same time means. I have tried 2 rx's, both do this. They both work fine with my BH esc's. Just trying to figure out what the red/green flashing means. I assume something is wrong with my esc, but just trying to figure out what it is.
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #2006
Quarry Creeper

have you tried re-binding the rx?
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #2007
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
Need some Futaba expert help please. I have a 4pl and am having issues with it when using a Tekin RS. The lights on the Tekin light up when the esc is NOT plugged into the rx. When the ESC is plugged in, no lights on the esc and the lights on the the rx flash red and green at the same time.

In the Futaba manual it says nothing of what flashing red/green at the same time means. I have tried 2 rx's, both do this. They both work fine with my BH esc's. Just trying to figure out what the red/green flashing means. I assume something is wrong with my esc, but just trying to figure out what it is.
I don't hear of red/green at the same time very often. I don't actually know that one off hand. I think it may mean a short in the power/ground lead but I need to confirm.

Try disconnecting the red wire from the ESC and powering the RX from a BEC.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #2008
Rock Crawler

See if I've got this straight. One 4PL will bind to several RX's. The "bind" is not associated with a model #, so one can move RX's between cars at will. But each car needs it's own model # to remember settings such as EPA's etc.

And initial binding is nothing but turning on TX, then push button on RX nearby. Should be good for the life of the RX. And you never need a binding plug.

Have I got all that right? It's different from some of my other RC stuff.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM   #2009
Quarry Creeper

no each model number corresponds with a different rx. the way you've described is how the flysky works though.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #2010
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
no each model number corresponds with a different rx. the way you've described is how the flysky works though.
He actually has it right, the models are NOT tied to a RX. Any model will work with any bound RX. Very simple, no reminding.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:51 PM   #2011
Quarry Creeper

really? whenever i turn mine on and have it on the wrong rx accidentally, it doesn't work so i just assumed that's how it was
Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #2012
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohh EPiC FAiL View Post
really? whenever i turn mine on and have it on the wrong rx accidentally, it doesn't work so i just assumed that's how it was
I believe all Futaba products are the same. The only difference is C1 and C2 models when you have to toggle the power on and off.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:06 AM   #2013
RCC Addict

Hello all.

I have a quick question. I am running a super on my 4pl and have followed Harley's instructions on the videos. I am curious about one thing.

Can you have both independant rear steer, and then the pre programmed mixxed rear steer together? For instance, on the switch push button, have it setup to have either counter steer/crab/lock, and on DT-1 have independent rear control? In a brief effort to mess with it it looks like it is either one or the other.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:23 AM   #2014
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Hello all.

I have a quick question. I am running a super on my 4pl and have followed Harley's instructions on the videos. I am curious about one thing.

Can you have both independant rear steer, and then the pre programmed mixxed rear steer together? For instance, on the switch push button, have it setup to have either counter steer/crab/lock, and on DT-1 have independent rear control? In a brief effort to mess with it it looks like it is either one or the other.
I would have to double check, but I believe you can run both but the mix will run over top of the independent and give you some funky results if you don't recenter it before toggling it on. That is the case with the 4PKS.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #2015
RCC Addict

That makes sense. I was going to leave it in rear lock, and use independant most of the time but having "stupid proof" bailout option in a bind to throw it in 4ws or crab would be pretty cool.

EDIT-

Just got my stupid proof question taken care of. I am most used to the thumb switches on my 2.2 for dig and propo (which I really need to use more/or even some), so I switched propo to DT-2, put DT-3 as rear steer, but programmed DT-1 as rear steer but put it at 100% so one touch gets it back to center. This was what Michael recommended which is brilliant!! Great call Michael. Harley, you probably just did not have a chance to type this up yet, but my Michael beat you to it.

Last edited by RickM; 12-19-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #2016
RCC Addict

Ok stupid question but I have looked around and havn't seen one so I figured I would ask. Is there a strap of some kind made for the 4pl? I need something that will hold it good and secure and have a kinda wide strap or padded strap. I have neck back and shoulder issues and my arms and hands tend to go to sleep or just start hurting really bad without warning sometimes and I don't want this to happen and me drop my controller and ruin it. Thanks for any help.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #2017
RCC Addict

Sorry to hear about your health issues. Seams that worse case you could drill a small hole in the bottom and mount a strap holder if nothing exists.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #2018
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by craddock35 View Post
Ok stupid question but I have looked around and havn't seen one so I figured I would ask. Is there a strap of some kind made for the 4pl? I need something that will hold it good and secure and have a kinda wide strap or padded strap. I have neck back and shoulder issues and my arms and hands tend to go to sleep or just start hurting really bad without warning sometimes and I don't want this to happen and me drop my controller and ruin it. Thanks for any help.
I don't think anything exists but I have seen people wrap the grip of a radio to hold a strap somehow.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #2019
Pebble Pounder

There is a little space in the back of the radio that you can drill a hole thru to put a strap. Thats how i have mine. There isnt anything in this space like wires or anything. Here is a pic to show you.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
wildmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #2020
Quarry Creeper

Does anyone know if the auxiliary switches can be programmed to function like a momentary switch?

e.g. on the winch channel it would be great if the 2 switched positions (with the center being the 3rd) would automatically release to the center when let go. This is how my full size winch works and I would love to be able to bump the winch in or out without manually switching to the center position.
treys1 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM