Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 07:17 AM   #2101
20K Club

Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnsinoz View Post
Hi

What is the 4PL "dig switch glitch" mentioned early in this thread ? I did a search and didn't get anywhere, having a small blip of power to the rear motor when on front dig,thought it might be the ESC but now thinking it might be a transmitter issue.

Thanks
Dave
It was not a glitch, it was just the original programming that was first released. There were a small number of radios made with the old programming. Your issue is somewhere else.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #2102
Proverbial threadkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
Trubble, same thing, early in this thread is info on seeing if you have the update.
Yaayy! B212, apparently don't need the update.

Trubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #2103
Rock Stacker

I have a question that perhaps has been answered before, I have a 4PL and wish to weed out some other brand X radio's that I have on some of my other models.

what is the max number of RX'S that can be bound and saved to the radio at the same time?

Currently I would like to use the same radio on 4 rc models

Thanks
Steve
nvradtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #2104
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvradtec View Post
I have a question that perhaps has been answered before, I have a 4PL and wish to weed out some other brand X radio's that I have on some of my other models.

what is the max number of RX'S that can be bound and saved to the radio at the same time?

Currently I would like to use the same radio on 4 rc models

Thanks
Steve
40 Models.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:24 AM   #2105
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
40 Models.
Thanks Harley, time to order some RX's
nvradtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 AM   #2106
Quarry Creeper

Hi guys. I've just bought a 4PLS to go with my Berg Sudu Pro

I'm having dramas with the radio/esc/rx. FXRs and BEC smashed by Chris the Batteryman

1. I don't know which wire from the "smash" to plug into which channel on the rx. Two just have black/white and one has black/white/red. When I plug them in, sometimes the steering activates the front drive, the throttle turns the rears backwards. And I've tried multiple variations. It's almost impossible to see how the smash is wired.

2. On Harley's dual esc YouTube videos he talks about going to DT/DL. The 4PLS doesn't seem to have this??? So when I set it up as per the directions on the video, DT2 does not work as front/rear dig.

Any help would be appreciated.

Shorty40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #2107
20K Club

The White and black plugs are your ESC's. The other is the BEC.

I need to get a 4PLS video up for those that can't figure out the differences. Everything is pretty much the same as the 4PL but the menu just looks slightly different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty40 View Post

I'm having dramas with the radio/esc/rx. FXRs and BEC smashed by Chris the Batteryman

1. I don't know which wire from the "smash" to plug into which channel on the rx. Two just have black/white and one has black/white/red. When I plug them in, sometimes the steering activates the front drive, the throttle turns the rears backwards. And I've tried multiple variations. It's almost impossible to see how the smash is wired.

2. On Harley's dual esc YouTube videos he talks about going to DT/DL. The 4PLS doesn't seem to have this??? So when I set it up as per the directions on the video, DT2 does not work as front/rear dig.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #2108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty40 View Post

In the menu go to sw/dial put the esc-md in the button you want. I wish I could explaine how I did mine. The pls is not that much different than pl. Also make sure that brake mix and cps mix is off or dual esc won't work.
Diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #2109
Quarry Creeper

Pic of manual sorry about rotation of pic
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #2110
Quarry Creeper

So it's mostly working. The settings I 'stumbled across' are considerably different to the ones in the 4PL video. However they may have contributed to the following small issues I have identified.......

I now have Front dig. Rear dig. Proportional rear drive.

The issues I have come across:

1. Front diff is slightly slower than the rear. Both in speed when driving and initial take up.

2. Front dig ramps up in speed slowly. Expo? eg. I floor the throttle and the speed slowly builds up to full speed.

3. Rear proportional only works in 4WD. I want it to also work in front dig so I can feed the power in.

4. If I'm in front dig on a steep climb about to roll backwards, I want the rear power to cut in automatically to 'save' the roll

Any advice on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #2111
Quarry Creeper

Try and recalibrate the esc's with new setup.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #2112
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Diablo666 - that sorted out number 1 and 2

3 and 4 will be programming. I'll keep playing with it until I sort it out or someone has a simple solution
Old 12-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #2113
I wanna be Dave

Question for Harley or anyone who may know the answer: Can I bind a RC4WD Rx that uses the FHSS technology to the 4PLS Tx? I am buying the 4PLS and do not have it in my hands yet so I just wanted to ask here. I messed up the RC4WD transmitter by trying to make all 8AA slots work....oops it isn't like my Futaba 3PM-X which can handle 11.4V in the Tx side. I fried the RC4WD and only get the blue back lighting from the LCD now. That is why I bought the 4PLS.

Any thought? I am new to 4PLS and all this FHSS tech talk. Thanks folks.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #2114
Quarry Creeper

Does anyone know if the Radio would work with a ORCA Vritra VX-1 ESC if set to high speed mode?
To be used in my 1/12th scale pan race car.
Futaba digital servo of course.

Thanks
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #2115
I wanna be Dave

Well I got my new 4PLS today and tested to see if it could bind with the RC4WD FHSS RX!! No luck so I guess I will try and trade that Rx. It works fine but the RC4WD Tx is toast!!

I love my new 4PLS..........just need to do some learning!!
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 06:56 AM   #2116
Pebble Pounder

I need some help on my set up. I have a new Enroute Berg V3 all built and electronics all set up and installed. I have an issue with my motors. I am using a Futaba 4PL with a 4 channel receiver. I am also running the new version of HH mini BRXL dual ESC. My RX set up is Servo on channel 1, ESC on channel 2 and 3 with middle wire pulled off the plug on both ESC. Castle BEC on channel 4. I am able to turn my steering but not able to get power to the front and rear motor. Any suggestions?
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #2117
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiel View Post
I need some help on my set up. I have a new Enroute Berg V3 all built and electronics all set up and installed. I have an issue with my motors. I am using a Futaba 4PL with a 4 channel receiver. I am also running the new version of HH mini BRXL dual ESC. My RX set up is Servo on channel 1, ESC on channel 2 and 3 with middle wire pulled off the plug on both ESC. Castle BEC on channel 4. I am able to turn my steering but not able to get power to the front and rear motor. Any suggestions?
Go to the first page and the first post has a link to the step by step instructions. It doesn't sound like you have followed them.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #2118
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Go to the first page and the first post has a link to the step by step instructions. It doesn't sound like you have followed them.

If you are referring to the radio set up, I have watched that video over and over. I have even reset my model and started over. I am now wondering if I did something wrong with my electronic set up.
I get green lights and chimes on both my stacked mini BRXL. My steering works. My motor will not power up. Either the electronics are not set up right or I got 2 bad motors (which I doubt).

Is the diagram below a better way to wire the electronics? Mine was set up differently than below.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3136-41166.jpg

Last edited by Quiel; 01-12-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:52 PM   #2119
I wanna be Dave

Check your dual rate trims. Do the bars on channels 2 and 4 move on the main screen ? How far ?

Last edited by hotwheels000; 01-07-2014 at 09:54 PM.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #2120
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Check your dual rate trims. Do the bars on channels 2 and 4 move on the main screen ? How far ?

They move all the way. I even checked it on front only, rear only and all 4. But when I power up the crawler, only the steering works.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM