RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html)

Harley 12-01-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaugman (Post 2772162)
Mine seems to have a glitch, sometimes the rear randomly Jolts, Any idea what that would be from ?

Does the display show this "jolt" if not then it isn't coming from the radio's signal. I didn't see any signs of this while running it in my berg with dual Tekin's.

Aussie Nerd 12-01-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaugman (Post 2771685)
Can i wrap the antenna inside the receiver ? or do i have to leave it full length extended ?

I've done that to mine with no ill effects so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaugman (Post 2772162)
Mine seems to have a glitch, sometimes the rear randomly Jolts, Any idea what that would be from ?

Seems to be the same as mine.

And to Harley from what I've seen it doesn't appear on the monitor and I'm running with dual tekins in a berg also?

Kieren

Mini 12-01-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 2772134)
I think you have it. If someone ever says turn up the front they just mean turn down the rear. I never say that, I always say turn down the rear "thumbsup"

Thank you sir. "thumbsup":mrgreen:

pbm45 12-02-2010 12:01 PM

Futuba 4PL

Harley thanks for all the in details on the new 4PL

I am currently running a Berg with an FXR/Punk Combo with a DX3R radio
I am looking for additional control oh the motor and have been considering the 4PK but the cost of close to $500 has had stopped me froming buying one.

Prior to the Spektrum, we used the 3PK for racing oval. To be honest it was an overkill for what we were using it for. I thought the 4PK maybe the same overkill for Crawling.

1. Do you think that since we have no experience with the 4PK, we should
have any problems switching to the 4PL with 2 FXR ESC??

2. Since we are only running local comps, do you feel the 4PL will handle
all the basic need of a MOA?

thanks in advance

Paul

Harley 12-02-2010 12:04 PM

The 4PK does have a lot of features that are not needed for crawlers but I wouldn't call it overkill. It still has some handy uses for scalers and comp rigs alike that the 4PL won't do.

The 4PL WILL do all of the functions you need for a competition based MOA crawler. You should have no issues switching over from your DX3R and it will feel very at home to you as the controls will feel similar.

The 4PL will hold it's own at any national level comp "thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbm45 (Post 2773739)
Harley thanks for all the in details on the new 4PL

I am currently running a Berg with an FXR/Punk Combo with a DX3R radio
I am looking for additional control oh the motor and have been considering the 4PK but the cost of close to $500 has had stopped me froming buying one.

Prior to the Spektrum, we used the 3PK for racing oval. To be honest it was an overkill for what we were using it for. I thought the 4PK maybe the same overkill for Crawling.

1. Do you think that since we have no experience with the 4PK, we should
have any problems switching to the 4PL with 2 FXR ESC??

2. Since we are only running local comps, do you feel the 4PL will handle
all the basic need of a MOA?

thanks in advance

Paul

aaugman 12-02-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd (Post 2772201)
Seems to be the same as mine.

And to Harley from what I've seen it doesn't appear on the monitor and I'm running with dual tekins in a berg also?

Kieren

Any idea what it could be ?

pbm45 12-02-2010 12:37 PM

Again, thanks for all the useful information. I believe there is a 4PL in my future

Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley0706 (Post 2773745)
The 4PK does have a lot of features that are not needed for crawlers but I wouldn't call it overkill. It still has some handy uses for scalers and comp rigs alike that the 4PL won't do.

The 4PL WILL do all of the functions you need for a competition based MOA crawler. You should have no issues switching over from your DX3R and it will feel very at home to you as the controls will feel similar.

The 4PL will hold it's own at any national level comp "thumbsup"

crawlerkeller.de 12-02-2010 01:19 PM

Iīm not sure but can I put the Dual ESC Dig function on the DT3 ore DT4 rocker switches?

I donīt like to put the button on the grip one for reardig and twice for front dig.

If I can dig with the 4pl and dual ESC like on a DX3R with Punk Dig than I buy one 4PL.

I canīt drive dual ESC and put percentage rear steer on the three position switch on left side of the steering wheel, right. (For a superclass crawler) Can I do this with a 4PKS?

Michael

Sneed 12-02-2010 02:31 PM

From my understanding of this thread. The only way to dig with the use of dual esc's, is from the button on the grip. I sounds good... but out in the field it could be frustrating. It's not complicated but having to count the number of times pressing a button and remembering the dig sequence, could cause a poor run

Harley 12-02-2010 02:45 PM

The update I am waiting on will allow all of this as long as I am understanding what you are asking. I will have more info on that very very soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlerkeller.de (Post 2773883)
Iīm not sure but can I put the Dual ESC Dig function on the DT3 ore DT4 rocker switches?

I donīt like to put the button on the grip one for reardig and twice for front dig.

If I can dig with the 4pl and dual ESC like on a DX3R with Punk Dig than I buy one 4PL.

I canīt drive dual ESC and put percentage rear steer on the three position switch on left side of the steering wheel, right. (For a superclass crawler) Can I do this with a 4PKS?

Michael

Aussie Nerd 12-02-2010 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaugman (Post 2773797)
Any idea what it could be ?

I originally thought it was the turnigy servo I was using as it had prevoiusly caused issue's with spektrum radio's, however it still glitches with that servo removed, so now I have no idea what it is?

Kieren

t-roller 12-02-2010 11:16 PM

Ok my PL comes tomorrow. I just read this whole thread and I've had way to much wine now. Where is a wiring thread for dual esc's with this beast.:roll:

Harley 12-03-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-roller (Post 2775015)
Ok my PL comes tomorrow. I just read this whole thread and I've had way to much wine now. Where is a wiring thread for dual esc's with this beast.:roll:

I haven't done a diagram for this one yet. However you can use the 4PK diagram but you MUST SWITCH THE REAR ESC TO CHANNEL 4
http://www.harleydesigns.com/images/...%20(Large).jpg

t-roller 12-03-2010 09:33 AM

I'm going to run dual torquemaster ESC's so I'm not running a BEC Yet. Do I unplug one of the esc's red wires or leave them both plugged in?

Harley 12-03-2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-roller (Post 2775354)
I'm going to run dual torquemaster ESC's so I'm not running a BEC Yet. Do I unplug one of the esc's red wires or leave them both plugged in?

As long as the output voltage is set the same you can leave them both plugged in.

Mini 12-03-2010 11:05 AM

Very nice diagram Harley.

dragrcr 12-04-2010 12:04 AM

I ran mine with dual FXRs tonight for the first time, all I can say is WOW, so smooth! I got used to the dig cycles very fast and like having one button because you don't have to change your grip. I might not even change it. Ended up winning tonight on it's first outing with dual ESCs... Great radio.

jeepcj776 12-05-2010 01:21 AM

Also got mine Today, and all that I can Say is its a Great radio for the Price and Kicks the Dx3r out of the park.

Its so smooth and the Dig with duel Fxr's is not that bad, It took me about 10 Min to get used to it,

also you can set a switch to go 2P for front dig only but it resets your Percentage of Bias back to 100%

aaugman 12-05-2010 06:01 PM

I'm still having a glitch with my rear esc, anyone else having that ? I do like the radio, but i prefer the size and handle on the dx3r

Harley 12-05-2010 08:52 PM

Every time I pick up a 3R I think they feel super "toy-ish" just don't like the way they are built. Plus I destroyed the case of my 3R in less than a season. Don't like the quality of them at all.