RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html)

Harley 09-07-2016 11:55 PM

Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmaxroad (Post 5560146)
sorry to dig this up again...

can a used 2th hand futaba 4pl still be updated by futaba ?
any ideas of the cost to it ?

thanks to anyone with some help !! "thumbsup"

Only a small number needed to be updated. You are sure yours is one of them? Otherwise, it's most likely just the shipping charges that you'll be looking at.

generalee7 09-11-2016 07:05 PM

4PLS with a R204GFE receiver in either one of my rigs. Everything works fine on one truck but I switch to another and only steering works. I can switch to ANY other model in the transmitter where it says "NO LINK" and steering still works but no throttle. I've tried to calibrate the ESC to the RX numerous times and it recognizes neutral but not forward or reverse. WTF is going on?? This setup worked fine when I first got it but shit went wrong real quick when I binded my crawler to the transmitter. Really wishing I stuck with Spektrum right now :evil:

mikemcE 10-30-2016 07:02 AM

Read far too many pages on the 4PL here, I have a 4PLS and biggest issue in setup is setting throttle subtrim....IF its not correct, NOTHING WORKS.....but the display does.

How about an updated thread for the 4PLS ??

durok 10-30-2016 12:41 PM

I can't seem to get to page 111 on this thread.... last post is showing up on page 110, but I see an indicator for page 111 and can't move to it by clicking on the 111 or the forward arrow - strange....

Hardline 10-30-2016 01:10 PM

I pulled an old dual-esc XR10 out of mothballs and followed your Dual Esc video for set-up. Perfect. But the main page shows no indication of Dig or Bias status (other than watching bar-graphs). Do I need to drive with the Dual Esc Setup page showing to get indicators, or is there a better way?

mikemcE 10-31-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crawllife (Post 4787486)
The radio,escs and motors do it all. No mechanical parts.

Easy to do......follow Harley and the "PLS" is easier than the PL....

your mix is easier to set, just put it on a switch :mrgreen:"thumbsup"

carcueza 01-10-2017 10:20 PM

Hello. I use my 4PL with a MOA. I set the Dig ok, but I want to set a button to cancel all the mix of the Dig, that is, to go in 100% with both motors with only one pulsation on this button.
How can I do this?
Thank you very much.
Ps: excuse me if my English is not very good.

carcueza 01-12-2017 03:28 PM

Oleada other question.... How can I set both esc with a proportional mix of the dig?
Thank you.

mikemcE 01-12-2017 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcueza (Post 5648829)
Oleada other question.... How can I set both esc with a proportional mix of the dig?

Thank you.

Follow Harley's setup. Only one motor is proportional but I think you can dial the other down. I am happy with one motor proportional and dig

Hang up and Drive

RadioFlyer 01-18-2017 08:45 PM

OrangeRx receivers that work with Futaba 4PL

For the price I couldn't pass up the chance to try these two receivers.

OrangeRx SF400S

OrangeRx GR400S

I was going put the first one in my XR10 but because it takes up so little room I ended up putting it in my RC18B2. Range is at least equal to the Futaba R204GF-E receiver which is further than I can see whatever I'm driving so that's good enough for me.

The second one I tested in a Slash 4x4 with a Trackstar TS-920 servo to see how it would react with the extra amp draw. Works like a charm, range is great and it handled the servo no problem. Now I have one in my 1/12th pan car, a Tamiya F1 and a Turnigy GT-10X pan car. I plan to run them in my Wraith and AX-10 as soon as I get a few more. The antenna is short and can be coiled up in an Axial receiver box without affecting the range as far as I can tell.

These receivers will likely also work with all the other Futaba FHSS radios but I did not test them. (4PX, 4PV, 4PLS, 4GRS, 3PV, 3PRKA and 3PL)

Sean 8)

CREEPERBOB 01-26-2017 04:30 AM

I just got my new 4PLS yesterday, as far as crawling nothing has changed on it I'm guessing.
Time to brush up on Harleys videos. "thumbsup"

Fun4All 02-02-2017 09:29 AM

I programmed a 4PLS as to the Harley video for dual ESC. I have a R304SB receiver with dual Tekin FXR ESC on ch2 and ch4. The rate on DT1 is working but the DT2 switch for dig is not working. Some help please!

Got it
The DT4 switch or whichever switch you set for dig should be set to ESC-MD and 3pos in order for dig to work.

not-required 02-10-2017 07:11 PM

I'm having some issues with my newly purchased 4pl and R204GF-E receiver. Throttle works great but I have no steering. I tried to re-bind and also checked my end point and dual rates. This is with my SCX10.2 with HH puller pro 2100kv, BLE pro ESC, HH HV500 servo with Heyok BEC. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hotwheels000 02-11-2017 12:27 PM

Are you using a bypass
Adaptor ? If so try swapping the leads

Kylar 01-01-2020 10:19 AM

I know this is an old thread, but has anyone had any luck binding the Hobbyking Orange GR400S Rx's with a Futaba 4PLS? I bought 6 of these rx's because i was told they would work with the 4PLS and I cant get them to bind?

Any help would be much appreciated.

nathanotis 01-06-2021 11:17 AM

Is there a guide like this for the 4pm?

treadway47025 01-28-2023 05:21 PM

Harley would you have any tips and tricks to setting up a 4pv for 3pos for a winch and setting up another Channel for hurtz dig?

NorCalRcMafia 04-27-2023 05:30 PM

So I'm currently trying to set up my futaba 4pls with 4ws on my axial wraith with a castle creations sidewinder v3 and 2 savox 1230sg servos. I'm trying to set it up on the 3 way switch so when centered the rear servo is locked straight, flip the switch where it is opposite of my fron servo and flip the other way to have it mimic my front servo. If you or anyone could help I would really appreciate it. I have adhd and it's hard understanding what I'm reading and putting that into action. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk