Old 11-02-2010, 04:31 AM   #81
RCC Addict

So no rotary?
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 07:13 AM   #82
Rock Stacker

Hi Harley

Any idea how it would work with one of the new novak M2 dig esc's http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/m2/index.html

Is it programmable with it/ front, rear bias able to be setup with this single M2 dig esc. etc. etc.

Thanks for the vids thus far.
dusty sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #83
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
So no rotary?
There is a rotary at the front. Mixing is controlled with one of the DT's just like I suggest to everyone with a 4PK, it is a better setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty sweep View Post
Hi Harley

Any idea how it would work with one of the new novak M2 dig esc's http://www.teamnovak.com/products/esc/m2/index.html

Is it programmable with it/ front, rear bias able to be setup with this single M2 dig esc. etc. etc.

Thanks for the vids thus far.
The M2 dig just requires a 3pos switch I believe which is no problem on this radio. It will allow you the open channel for cutting brakes still as well.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #84
Rock Crawler

This would work fine for me. I could easily get use to the feel. Plus the features wouldn't go too far over my head. It may not have the mixing abilities as the Pk, or S but it would work fine for someone to run dual Esc's and mix . Thanks for the videos, Josh. If futaba decides to change software, then that would be a bonus
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 AM   #85
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneed View Post
This would work fine for me. I could easily get use to the feel. Plus the features wouldn't go too far over my head. It may not have the mixing abilities as the Pk, or S but it would work fine for someone to run dual Esc's and mix . Thanks for the videos, Josh. If futaba decides to change software, then that would be a bonus
It does have the same mixing abilities as the 4PK, just how you activate is different. I am glad it would work well for you. If you have questions just let me know.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #86
Rock Crawler

In the video you say that it uses (4) "AAA" batteries......it acutally uses (4) "AA" batteries.
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #87
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
In the video you say that it uses (4) "AAA" batteries......it acutally uses (4) "AA" batteries.
J
Mah bad....
Old 11-02-2010, 11:46 AM   #88
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I have never had problems with losing bind on a Futaba RX and had it happen countless times with the spektrum stuff. I know lots of drivers that switched for that reason alone. There is never a single thing I miss about running Spektrum
I just gotta reinforce this statement. I had all kinds of issues with my spektrum unbinding. Never once with my Futaba.

Keep up the good work Josh! Now other drivers can leech off your hard effort
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:53 PM   #89
RCC Addict

thanks for the vids man i need one and for the price its amazing
1 question is there a way that you can run the proportional with the m2 for moas and super
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #90
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVEN View Post
Thanks for the overview Josh! I sure hope Futaba takes your suggestions for the DT switches. I would like to use DT4 for dig, like the spektrum DX3 I am currently using. Hold one way for front dig, center 4wd, hold other way for rear dig, with the option to change bias using another DT.
x20 million

If I could have DT3 or 4(i can resolder and locate if needed) as the dig and keep the bias dial where you have it now in the video, I would have to pick one up...I have just been very happy with the way my DX3 (after i rearranged my A and B buttons) is set to where i just hold the button in place for dig and then release it to return to 4wd. Never did like having to press buttons twice or opposite ways to release dig, let alone having to cycle through..

You know as well as I do, every second counts on a course and if you pass up the sequence and screw up the cycle, someones going to throw a radio but great work on the radio so far Josh and crew
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 AM   #91
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw27x View Post
thanks for the vids man i need one and for the price its amazing
1 question is there a way that you can run the proportional with the m2 for moas and super
The M2 just uses 3 position switches so this radio will handle that without a problem. The proportional adjustment will not be the same as I demonstrated in my video, it will be as Novak demonstrates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations View Post
x20 million

If I could have DT3 or 4(i can resolder and locate if needed) as the dig and keep the bias dial where you have it now in the video, I would have to pick one up...I have just been very happy with the way my DX3 (after i rearranged my A and B buttons) is set to where i just hold the button in place for dig and then release it to return to 4wd. Never did like having to press buttons twice or opposite ways to release dig, let alone having to cycle through..

You know as well as I do, every second counts on a course and if you pass up the sequence and screw up the cycle, someones going to throw a radio but great work on the radio so far Josh and crew
You can program any DT switch individually. So as long as we get this updated you will be able to control it on any DT you want.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #92
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
The M2 just uses 3 position switches so this radio will handle that without a problem. The proportional adjustment will not be the same as I demonstrated in my video, it will be as Novak demonstrates.

You can program any DT switch individually. So as long as we get this updated you will be able to control it on any DT you want.
I hope they take care of this. I'm so swaying if I would buy this or not based on that switch alone.
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Maybe I am lost. Why could you not run 2 escs and a cut brake? 2channels for escs one for steering and one for the cut brake?
Old 11-03-2010, 02:37 PM   #94
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Maybe I am lost. Why could you not run 2 escs and a cut brake? 2channels for escs one for steering and one for the cut brake?
You can. What gave you the impression you can't?
neilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #95
20K Club

Quote:
No place in this thread says you can't. However it takes a LOT more to run dual ESC's then just enough available channels. The hesitation some people are having is how the dig methods are activated with dual ESC's.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:41 PM   #96
RCC Addict

I'll be watching this thread! The price is much more appealing to me that's for sure!
PipeDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM   #97
RCC Addict

people running 2 fxr , and a novak dig confused me. I am currently wiring a punk dig but i assume i can ditch it if i get another fxr and the 4pl. I kind of want to see what goes on with the programming first as sending in radios is a pita
Old 11-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Yes ditch the punk and get another FXR! I too would wait to see what happens with the programming.... If it works out I know I'll be getting one and with that price I'm sure lots of other will too! I do like the dial of the 4pk for the front to rear bias but it should be easy to get used to the button... Just seems like it would take longer to bring it back up to 100% after reducing it for a climb one click at a time... Would be sweet to replace one of the DT switches on the grip with a dial!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #99
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeDreams View Post
Yes ditch the punk and get another FXR! I too would wait to see what happens with the programming.... If it works out I know I'll be getting one and with that price I'm sure lots of other will too! I do like the dial of the 4pk for the front to rear bias but it should be easy to get used to the button... Just seems like it would take longer to bring it back up to 100% after reducing it for a climb one click at a time... Would be sweet to replace one of the DT switches on the grip with a dial!
Actually most people use the buttons on the 4PK to reduce the rear. It is much easier to control, and most of the time you never reduce the rear below 70 or 80 percent so you are only a few clicks away. The dial is much harder to be percise in using.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Cool good to know... Thanks Harley! Love learning about this MOA stuff.... Spring will be coming before we know it and thats when I'll be putting all this knowledge to use! Keep us posted on any updates for this!

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM