Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 07:03 AM   #1081
I wanna be Dave

I have to agree, Tim. I've been very pleased with how east it was to set up this radio. Really enjoying it so far. And Harley, thanks for the videos and support!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2011, 07:04 AM   #1082
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I have to agree, Tim. I've been very pleased with how east it was to set up this radio. Really enjoying it so far. And Harley, thanks for the videos and support!

Once you understand some of the ways Futaba programs it is pretty easy. Some of the stuff just isn't obvious at first.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #1083

Question Tekin fxr and futaba 4pl

Harley is there a thread that shows start to finish the set up for this package, or anyone out there know of one. I am a little late in the game but mamma allways said better late than never.
RockBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #1084
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
Harley is there a thread that shows start to finish the set up for this package, or anyone out there know of one. I am a little late in the game but mamma allways said better late than never.
See the first post.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:36 AM   #1085
I wanna be Dave

Harley,
I setup my frt/rr winches up on DT3 and DT4. I read the book and setup the % for both channels...I think. But here are my questions. Are/Can DT3/DT4 be setup so they are progressive. Like throttle and steering? If I punch either throttle/Steer they responed how I hit them. I don't get that with DT3/DT4.Thanks.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #1086
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
Harley,
I setup my frt/rr winches up on DT3 and DT4. I read the book and setup the % for both channels...I think. But here are my questions. Are/Can DT3/DT4 be setup so they are progressive. Like throttle and steering? If I punch either throttle/Steer they responed how I hit them. I don't get that with DT3/DT4.Thanks.
They could but the problem is the winches/servos don't have the ability to vary speed. If you did an ESC controlled winch, like sidewinder micro, then you could do this. Make sense?
Old 05-06-2011, 06:48 AM   #1087
I wanna be Dave

Hey Harley, got another question for you. I'm not getting full steering throw from my JR z9100t servo, at least not compared to my old Spektrum radio. I've got my end points maxed out on the transmitter, but could there be another setting that's limiting my steering throw?

Thanks, man!
Tommy
Old 05-06-2011, 06:52 AM   #1088
I wanna be Dave

that was quick! Thanks for the help.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #1089
20K Club

Quote:
Hey Harley, got another question for you. I'm not getting full steering throw from my JR z9100t servo, at least not compared to my old Spektrum radio. I've got my end points maxed out on the transmitter, but could there be another setting that's limiting my steering throw?

Thanks, man!
Tommy
You don't have any dual rate turned on or anything do you? There really isn't anything else controlling steering throw.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #1090
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
You don't have any dual rate turned on or anything do you? There really isn't anything else controlling steering throw.
I don't think so. If I did, wouldn't the steering be really fast or something?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #1091
20K Club

Quote:
I don't think so. If I did, wouldn't the steering be really fast or something?
It would effect the throw or slow the speed down when in the throttle. At rest you wouldn't be effected now that I think about it.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #1092
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It would effect the throw or slow the speed down when in the throttle. At rest you wouldn't be effected now that I think about it.
10-4. I'll take a closer look into it tonight. Thanks for the help!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #1093
RCC Addict

Hey Harley, thanks so much for this thread your video really helped so much in getting my rig up and running so quickly.

I am wondering if the is anyway to program the 2 position finger switch on the handle to just do rear dig and then back to 4 wheel, I have tried it and it goes to rear dig only and wont switch off causing me to have to use the 3 position dt4 switch to get back to 4 wheel. I tried configureing the switch to alternate but that just switches it between front and rear dig causeing me to have to use dt4 again to get back to 4wd. Thanks for any input here.
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #1094
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtus420 View Post
Hey Harley, thanks so much for this thread your video really helped so much in getting my rig up and running so quickly.

I am wondering if the is anyway to program the 2 position finger switch on the handle to just do rear dig and then back to 4 wheel, I have tried it and it goes to rear dig only and wont switch off causing me to have to use the 3 position dt4 switch to get back to 4 wheel. I tried configureing the switch to alternate but that just switches it between front and rear dig causeing me to have to use dt4 again to get back to 4wd. Thanks for any input here.
With the dual ESC program in this radio you pretty much just need to stick with the DT switches.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #1095
RCC Addict

Quote:
With the dual ESC program in this radio you pretty much just need to stick with the DT switches.
Thx buddy
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #1096

I picked up a 4PL today and was going through the video tutorial on programing it for Dual ESC, and of course I have a B010 radio that does not include the DT/DL selection in the ADVANCED/DUAL ESC menu.
Does this mean I am totally unable to program the radio for Dual ESC operation until I send it away to get the software updated?
Ol'Baditude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #1097
Quarry Creeper

No. I have the same ser. # as you and I havent had it updated yet either. I am running dual Sv2's w/no problem.
sabohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:32 PM   #1098
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Baditude View Post
I picked up a 4PL today and was going through the video tutorial on programing it for Dual ESC, and of course I have a B010 radio that does not include the DT/DL selection in the ADVANCED/DUAL ESC menu.
Does this mean I am totally unable to program the radio for Dual ESC operation until I send it away to get the software updated?
No, you just need to program the PS1 button to the dual ESC function. You just will have to cycle through the dig functions with the PS1. This is covered earlier in the thread if you want to read back there.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #1099

Quote:
No, you just need to program the PS1 button to the dual ESC function. You just will have to cycle through the dig functions with the PS1. This is covered earlier in the thread if you want to read back there.
Ok, the Dual ESC portion has now been programed and the PS1 button now cycles through the different drive modes. Thank you.
But for some reason the wheels are spinning backwards when I pull back on the trigger, when the channels are set to normal. I had to set THROTTLE and CH3 CH4 Menu selections to REV instead of NOR, which doesn't seem right to me.

And also, now the back wheels don't seem to want to spin.
The front ESC is plugged in to receiver CH2, and the rear ESC is plugged in to receiver CH4. Both ESC's appear to have the proper LED sequence (at lest they have the same LED sequence) when the Radio is turned on.

Any suggestions?

I'm currently going through the 55 pages of this thread for tidbits. Forgive me if I hadn't done it sooner, but I just finished a 3 day build and I seem to have bit off way more than I could chew for my first RC. Reading through the radio manual and the ESC instructions were confusing enough.

Last edited by Ol'Baditude; 05-11-2011 at 11:38 PM.
Ol'Baditude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #1100
20K Club

Sounds like your ESC hasn't been programmed for reverse. Have you set both ESC's up with a hotwire or Castle Link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol'Baditude View Post
Ok, the Dual ESC portion has now been programed and the PS1 button now cycles through the different drive modes. Thank you.
But for some reason the wheels are spinning backwards when I pull back on the trigger, when the channels are set to normal. I had to set THROTTLE and CH3 CH4 Menu selections to REV instead of NOR, which doesn't seem right to me.

And also, now the back wheels don't seem to want to spin.
The front ESC is plugged in to receiver CH2, and the rear ESC is plugged in to receiver CH4. Both ESC's appear to have the proper LED sequence (at lest they have the same LED sequence) when the Radio is turned on.

Any suggestions?

I'm currently going through the 55 pages of this thread for tidbits. Forgive me if I hadn't done it sooner, but I just finished a 3 day build and I seem to have bit off way more than I could chew for my first RC. Reading through the radio manual and the ESC instructions were confusing enough.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM