Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #1341
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post

So I guess my question is: How can I get my brake trim to allow a broader range of braking power?
You can't because it's just a trim setting. You should ever be dialing that much trim into something because it is meant to be a fine tuning.

You could try adding Subtrim but in general it sounds like you just need to get a better ESC.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #1342
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
You can't because it's just a trim setting. You should ever be dialing that much trim into something because it is meant to be a fine tuning.

You could try adding Subtrim but in general it sounds like you just need to get a better ESC.
Unfortunately, it's a spec class so a different ESC isn't an option. Dang, it's tough to accept the fact that I can't tune this radio/ESC to play nice even though my antiquated equipment back in the '80s/'90s could do it.

On another note, any idea why the R2106GF receiver isn't on Futaba's site? It looks like a great crawler rx, but I just found it odd it wouldn't be in their website. Regardless, I'm ordering one!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:41 AM   #1343
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
I modified your first post to include all of your pictures so I could link it to the first post. Thanks for the pictures
X2 pictures helped out a lot
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #1344
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I modified your first post to include all of your pictures so I could link it to the first post. Thanks for the pictures

No problem Harley, glad to help. I hope people find my post`s and photo`s helpful
igbandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #1345
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
7.2 will be no issue. I'll check on Monday about 8.4.
Not sure what this means. This RX can only be used with 2S systems, or do you set something on the esc that feeds it?
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:34 PM   #1346
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Not sure what this means. This RX can only be used with 2S systems, or do you set something on the esc that feeds it?
The BEC (either inside the ESC or Externally) send the voltage to the RX.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 AM   #1347
Rock Crawler

I have a question. I am going to Grand Bend Ontario this weekend with some of my rc's. I am running a 4pl, i am going to be running an hpi vorza with paddles for the beach. My friend who is meeting us up there is running a baja 5b and a 4pk. We thought it would be fun to go to the 1/4 mile drag dtrip and see if they will let us run.

So the question is will we be able to control the trucks all they way down the track or will we have to stand at the half way mark.
DioptricStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #1348
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DioptricStraw View Post
So the question is will we be able to control the trucks all they way down the track or will we have to stand at the half way mark.
It's hard to say. I highly doubt either of you would be able to see or effectively drive them from the start line anyway.

This test was done by killer RC. Watch it.
4PL has great distance
Old 08-10-2011, 09:26 AM   #1349
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The BEC (either inside the ESC or Externally) send the voltage to the RX.
So 11.1V goes to the ESC, but only the motors are sent that voltage. A stepped down voltage is sent to the RX and from there to the servo. So the servo and RX always receive identical voltage? I'm trying to get an understanding of this because I'm wiring my first crawler using an R2106GF and a CC BEC and am wondering if I should use the Castle BEC schematic, or the RX-bypass technique.

The instructions with the R2106GF talk about light-duty indoor aircraft use. Should one read into that it's best to bypass the servo current instead of running it through the RX?
Old 08-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #1350
20K Club

Quote:
So 11.1V goes to the ESC, but only the motors are sent that voltage. A stepped down voltage is sent to the RX and from there to the servo. So the servo and RX always receive identical voltage? I'm trying to get an understanding of this because I'm wiring my first crawler using an R2106GF and a CC BEC and am wondering if I should use the Castle BEC schematic, or the RX-bypass technique.

The instructions with the R2106GF talk about light-duty indoor aircraft use. Should one read into that it's best to bypass the servo current instead of running it through the RX?

Yes, BEC (either internal or external) supplys voltage to the RX. Use the diagram I have provided. If you want to bypass the RX for the BEC that is an option as well. I have not had any issues with putting current through a RX yet.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #1351
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yes, BEC (either internal or external) supplys voltage to the RX. Use the diagram I have provided. If you want to bypass the RX for the BEC that is an option as well. I have not had any issues with putting current through a RX yet.
Then that's what I'll do. Thanks for the quick response.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #1352
20K Club

Quote:
Then that's what I'll do. Thanks for the quick response.
No problem, if you need any more help with the wiring diagram let me know.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #1353
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
No problem, if you need any more help with the wiring diagram let me know.
You won't need to offer twice. In that regard, your diagram depicts a 4-channel RX where CH4 also says Batt. The 2106 is of course a 6-channel RX and CH6 is marked B/6 which I assume means Batt.

I installed the four connectors in 1 thru 4 like your diagram, but now looking at the empty Batt channel, I'm unsure. What say you?
Old 08-10-2011, 06:08 PM   #1354
20K Club

Quote:
You won't need to offer twice. In that regard, your diagram depicts a 4-channel RX where CH4 also says Batt. The 2106 is of course a 6-channel RX and CH6 is marked B/6 which I assume means Batt.

I installed the four connectors in 1 thru 4 like your diagram, but now looking at the empty Batt channel, I'm unsure. What say you?
It doesn't matter where you put the BEC actually. So you are good to go.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #1355

Ok, so I just ordered this* Futaba 2.4GHz S-FHSS 4PL 4-Channel Surface Radio FUTK1400. Comes with a rx thought the price was good right at 200. From every thing I have read here seems to be a good radio, didn't really care for the one that came with the wraith. Harley anything specific I should be aware of with this tx/rx.
Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #1356
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn View Post
Ok, so I just ordered this* Futaba 2.4GHz S-FHSS 4PL 4-Channel Surface Radio FUTK1400. Comes with a rx thought the price was good right at 200. From every thing I have read here seems to be a good radio, didn't really care for the one that came with the wraith. Harley anything specific I should be aware of with this tx/rx.
Aware of? I don't really know what you mean. I can tell you whatever you want to know but will have a hard time telling you everything at once.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #1357

so whats the major difference between the 4pk and 4pks? Im on the hunt for a 4pk but i just noticed there was a difference and yes i searched before asking.
redron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #1358
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
so whats the major difference between the 4pk and 4pks? Im on the hunt for a 4pk but i just noticed there was a difference and yes i searched before asking.
I think you are in the wrong thread
ax-10 crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #1359
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
This is the 4PL thread, it is posted in the 4PK thread. There are several differences. Response time, d-pad and 4ws mixing are the biggest things. The 4PKS also comes with a 614 RX.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #1360
Pebble Pounder

ive got a 4PL question. maybe i didnt see it when i skimmed this thread, but what battery are people using. i here life is really good but my lhs doesnt have any that would fit the 4pl. thanks.
baconCHDDRchips is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM