Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #181
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
If I remember correctly axial OD or UD compared to stock gears is around 4-5% so that makes 20% A LOT.

Yes exactly.

Kieren
Axial is about 13% but still the 20% is plenty.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #182
RCC Addict

I stand corrected

Harley is there any potential detrimental effect of coiling the antenna inside the case? Did this last night as I dislike antenna's and there is no real need for a lot of range on a crawler. And any suggestion's on why an FXR would be glitching, it will bump forward maybe every 5 minutes. It is the rear ESC and it has the red wire disconnected if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #183
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
I stand corrected

Harley is there any potential detrimental effect of coiling the antenna inside the case? Did this last night as I dislike antenna's and there is no real need for a lot of range on a crawler. And any suggestion's on why an FXR would be glitching, it will bump forward maybe every 5 minutes. It is the rear ESC and it has the red wire disconnected if that makes any difference.

Thanks
Kieren
I don't ever coil mine in the case but I always coil them. I have never had a problem, but I haven't had too much drive time on the FHSS RX's yet.

What do you mean by "bump forward"
Old 11-29-2010, 04:27 PM   #184
RCC Addict

Ok, well I'll see how it goes when I go for a proper drive tomorrow.

The motor will rotate forward at a small increase on the correct throttle value for a very short period of time before returning to it's correct throttle value. Similar to just 'tapping' the throttle.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #185
Quarry Creeper

Got mine this evening feels great, got it all set up, now I just need another fxr...
dragrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #186
Rock Crawler

Mine arrived the other day also, it took a bit to get it programed, I'm still working on the mixing part and getting the rear to have the "bump up" settings, That's the project for tonight,

Can i wrap the antenna inside the receiver ? or do i have to leave it full length extended ?
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #187
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
Mine arrived the other day also, it took a bit to get it programed, I'm still working on the mixing part and getting the rear to have the "bump up" settings, That's the project for tonight,

Can i wrap the antenna inside the receiver ? or do i have to leave it full length extended ?
Bump up? There really isn't anything different, just program one of the DT switches to ESC-RT. You can turn the rears up or down off that, pretty simple.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #188
Rock Crawler

How do i get to the screen to do that ? Sorry for being so naive, Futaba radios are like greek to me still. I havn't messed with it for longer than 15 mins
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #189
20K Club

Quote:
How do i get to the screen to do that ? Sorry for being so naive, Futaba radios are like greek to me still. I havn't messed with it for longer than 15 mins
Menu --> Dial SW
DT(#):ESC-RT
........: 10
........: NOR
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #190
20K Club

As soon as I get my radio back from Futaba next week I will get the videos done ASAP
Old 12-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #191
Rock Crawler

That worked, But the rear doesn't turn on as fast as the front does, there is a delay. Could it be the calibration of the esc to the radio ? Then even though the button works it doesn't make the rear turn any faster.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #192
20K Club

Quote:
That worked, But the rear doesn't turn on as fast as the front does, there is a delay. Could it be the calibration of the esc to the radio ? Then even though the button works it doesn't make the rear turn any faster.
You need to make sure both ESC's are calibrated equally with everything at 100% (NOT 120%). Then of course things like gear mesh, weight difference, etc will effect things. Overall top speed will still be the same front to rear because both ESC's will be topped out at 100%.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #193
Rock Crawler

on the fxr's there's no way to set the calibration with the hotwire right ? it can only be done manually ?
Old 12-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #194
20K Club

Quote:
on the fxr's there's no way to set the calibration with the hotwire right ? it can only be done manually ?
Since calibration is done with the radio the only way to do it is "manually".
Old 12-01-2010, 01:13 PM   #195
"HOLLYWOOD"

Harley, was looking at one of the quick videos you made and notice you can offcourse turn down the rear but can you switch back and forth from the back and front motor or once you set a motor that is the only one you can turn down and up. Am asking cause I have seen guys turn down the rear and turn up the front. Or is mixing when you turn down the rear the front turns up automatic and the other way around. Thanks.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #196
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
Harley, was looking at one of the quick videos you made and notice you can offcourse turn down the rear but can you switch back and forth from the back and front motor or once you set a motor that is the only one you can turn down and up. Am asking cause I have seen guys turn down the rear and turn up the front. Or is mixing when you turn down the rear the front turns up automatic and the other way around. Thanks.
Just like on the 4PK, you are only adjusting one motor (the rear). When you turn down the rear it just appears that the front is going faster but it is the same as it always was.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:56 PM   #197
Rock Crawler

I figured out wh the front and rear are different, I wired it up just like your (harley) Xr and the battery goes from the deans to the first esc and then the second, If i reverse the motor wires then the rear starts first, So i have to run from the deans to each esc, parallel no series i guess. 2 more wires but not the end of the world.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #198
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Just like on the 4PK, you are only adjusting one motor (the rear). When you turn down the rear it just appears that the front is going faster but it is the same as it always was.

So when someone says turn up the front they are really turning down the rear? Just want to get this right I thought they were turn up the front or rear when they said that not just turning down the rear.

So if am in front dig and someone says turn up the front how would I do that?

Just trying to understand futaba language lol
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:52 PM   #199
20K Club

I think you have it. If someone ever says turn up the front they just mean turn down the rear. I never say that, I always say turn down the rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini View Post
So when someone says turn up the front they are really turning down the rear? Just want to get this right I thought they were turn up the front or rear when they said that not just turning down the rear.

So if am in front dig and someone says turn up the front how would I do that?

Just trying to understand futaba language lol
Old 12-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #200
Rock Crawler

Mine seems to have a glitch, sometimes the rear randomly Jolts, Any idea what that would be from ?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM