Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #201
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
Mine seems to have a glitch, sometimes the rear randomly Jolts, Any idea what that would be from ?
Does the display show this "jolt" if not then it isn't coming from the radio's signal. I didn't see any signs of this while running it in my berg with dual Tekin's.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #202
RCC Addict

Quote:
Can i wrap the antenna inside the receiver ? or do i have to leave it full length extended ?
I've done that to mine with no ill effects so far.

Quote:
Mine seems to have a glitch, sometimes the rear randomly Jolts, Any idea what that would be from ?
Seems to be the same as mine.

And to Harley from what I've seen it doesn't appear on the monitor and I'm running with dual tekins in a berg also?

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #203
"HOLLYWOOD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
I think you have it. If someone ever says turn up the front they just mean turn down the rear. I never say that, I always say turn down the rear
Thank you sir.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #204
Rock Stacker

Default Futuba 4PL

Harley thanks for all the in details on the new 4PL

I am currently running a Berg with an FXR/Punk Combo with a DX3R radio
I am looking for additional control oh the motor and have been considering the 4PK but the cost of close to $500 has had stopped me froming buying one.

Prior to the Spektrum, we used the 3PK for racing oval. To be honest it was an overkill for what we were using it for. I thought the 4PK maybe the same overkill for Crawling.

1. Do you think that since we have no experience with the 4PK, we should
have any problems switching to the 4PL with 2 FXR ESC??

2. Since we are only running local comps, do you feel the 4PL will handle
all the basic need of a MOA?

thanks in advance

Paul
pbm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #205
20K Club

The 4PK does have a lot of features that are not needed for crawlers but I wouldn't call it overkill. It still has some handy uses for scalers and comp rigs alike that the 4PL won't do.

The 4PL WILL do all of the functions you need for a competition based MOA crawler. You should have no issues switching over from your DX3R and it will feel very at home to you as the controls will feel similar.

The 4PL will hold it's own at any national level comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm45 View Post
Harley thanks for all the in details on the new 4PL

I am currently running a Berg with an FXR/Punk Combo with a DX3R radio
I am looking for additional control oh the motor and have been considering the 4PK but the cost of close to $500 has had stopped me froming buying one.

Prior to the Spektrum, we used the 3PK for racing oval. To be honest it was an overkill for what we were using it for. I thought the 4PK maybe the same overkill for Crawling.

1. Do you think that since we have no experience with the 4PK, we should
have any problems switching to the 4PL with 2 FXR ESC??

2. Since we are only running local comps, do you feel the 4PL will handle
all the basic need of a MOA?

thanks in advance

Paul
Old 12-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #206
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
Seems to be the same as mine.

And to Harley from what I've seen it doesn't appear on the monitor and I'm running with dual tekins in a berg also?

Kieren

Any idea what it could be ?
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #207
Rock Stacker

Again, thanks for all the useful information. I believe there is a 4PL in my future

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
The 4PK does have a lot of features that are not needed for crawlers but I wouldn't call it overkill. It still has some handy uses for scalers and comp rigs alike that the 4PL won't do.

The 4PL WILL do all of the functions you need for a competition based MOA crawler. You should have no issues switching over from your DX3R and it will feel very at home to you as the controls will feel similar.

The 4PL will hold it's own at any national level comp
pbm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #208
Rock Stacker

I´m not sure but can I put the Dual ESC Dig function on the DT3 ore DT4 rocker switches?

I don´t like to put the button on the grip one for reardig and twice for front dig.

If I can dig with the 4pl and dual ESC like on a DX3R with Punk Dig than I buy one 4PL.

I can´t drive dual ESC and put percentage rear steer on the three position switch on left side of the steering wheel, right. (For a superclass crawler) Can I do this with a 4PKS?

Michael
crawlerkeller.de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #209
Rock Crawler

From my understanding of this thread. The only way to dig with the use of dual esc's, is from the button on the grip. I sounds good... but out in the field it could be frustrating. It's not complicated but having to count the number of times pressing a button and remembering the dig sequence, could cause a poor run
Sneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #210
20K Club

The update I am waiting on will allow all of this as long as I am understanding what you are asking. I will have more info on that very very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerkeller.de View Post
I´m not sure but can I put the Dual ESC Dig function on the DT3 ore DT4 rocker switches?

I don´t like to put the button on the grip one for reardig and twice for front dig.

If I can dig with the 4pl and dual ESC like on a DX3R with Punk Dig than I buy one 4PL.

I can´t drive dual ESC and put percentage rear steer on the three position switch on left side of the steering wheel, right. (For a superclass crawler) Can I do this with a 4PKS?

Michael
Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:
Any idea what it could be ?
I originally thought it was the turnigy servo I was using as it had prevoiusly caused issue's with spektrum radio's, however it still glitches with that servo removed, so now I have no idea what it is?

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:16 PM   #212
Pebble Pounder

Ok my PL comes tomorrow. I just read this whole thread and I've had way to much wine now. Where is a wiring thread for dual esc's with this beast.
t-roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 AM   #213
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-roller View Post
Ok my PL comes tomorrow. I just read this whole thread and I've had way to much wine now. Where is a wiring thread for dual esc's with this beast.
I haven't done a diagram for this one yet. However you can use the 4PK diagram but you MUST SWITCH THE REAR ESC TO CHANNEL 4
Old 12-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #214
Pebble Pounder

I'm going to run dual torquemaster ESC's so I'm not running a BEC Yet. Do I unplug one of the esc's red wires or leave them both plugged in?
t-roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #215
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-roller View Post
I'm going to run dual torquemaster ESC's so I'm not running a BEC Yet. Do I unplug one of the esc's red wires or leave them both plugged in?
As long as the output voltage is set the same you can leave them both plugged in.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:05 AM   #216
"HOLLYWOOD"

Very nice diagram Harley.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:04 AM   #217
Quarry Creeper

I ran mine with dual FXRs tonight for the first time, all I can say is WOW, so smooth! I got used to the dig cycles very fast and like having one button because you don't have to change your grip. I might not even change it. Ended up winning tonight on it's first outing with dual ESCs... Great radio.
dragrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:21 AM   #218
Pebble Pounder

Also got mine Today, and all that I can Say is its a Great radio for the Price and Kicks the Dx3r out of the park.

Its so smooth and the Dig with duel Fxr's is not that bad, It took me about 10 Min to get used to it,

also you can set a switch to go 2P for front dig only but it resets your Percentage of Bias back to 100%
jeepcj776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:01 PM   #219
Rock Crawler

I'm still having a glitch with my rear esc, anyone else having that ? I do like the radio, but i prefer the size and handle on the dx3r
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:52 PM   #220
20K Club

Every time I pick up a 3R I think they feel super "toy-ish" just don't like the way they are built. Plus I destroyed the case of my 3R in less than a season. Don't like the quality of them at all.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjärrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM