Thread: Futaba 3PM-X steering issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Futaba 3PM-X steering issue

Here is my set up

Futaba 3PM-X radio
Hitec 7950-th servo

Using my servo Programmer I can get the servo to move the full throw.
Using the radio with end points set at 120% the servo won't move the same distance as the programmer.

How can I get the servo to move the full throw with the radio?

Thanks,
Bernie
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
20K Club

Sorry man but I don't know anything about the programmer. There is nothing special that the radio can be doing different. The only thing the radio can do is set direction (via channel reversing) and end points.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Sorry man but I don't know anything about the programmer. There is nothing special that the radio can be doing different. The only thing the radio can do is set direction (via channel reversing) and end points.
It really has nothing to do with the programmer other than the programmer tells me I have enough throw in the servo. The problem is when I go full left or full right with the radio the servo does not travel as far. Once again end points are at 120%. Is there a way to program the radio with no end points? I can program the end points with my programmer if needed.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I have the same problem, with any of my transmitters. I think the problem is the programmer puts out the absolute maximum signal whereas the radio only puts out a limited one even on 120%. The simple solution is to set your EPAs a little high on the programer and then adjust till it's perfect with the radio. So far that's worked well with me.

Kieren

Last edited by Aussie Nerd; 11-11-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
I have the same problem, with any of my transmitter. I think the problem is the programmer puts out the absolute maximum signal whereas the radio on puts out a limited one even on 120%. The simple solution is to set your EPAs a little high on the programer and then adjust till it's perfect with the radio. So far that's worked well with me.

Kieren
I'll try to just clear the end points then with the programmer.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #6
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue devil toyota View Post
It really has nothing to do with the programmer other than the programmer tells me I have enough throw in the servo. The problem is when I go full left or full right with the radio the servo does not travel as far. Once again end points are at 120%. Is there a way to program the radio with no end points? I can program the end points with my programmer if needed.
No, the programmer IS the problem. There is nothing a radio can do other than sending the maximum value for the servo to turn. This is a Hitec problem not a radio problem.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue devil toyota View Post
I'll try to just clear the end points then with the programmer.
Just set them a little high, so that you get full travel when used with the radio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
No, the programmer IS the problem. There is nothing a radio can do other than sending the maximum value for the servo to turn. This is a Hitec problem not a radio problem.
Hmm, in a way it is neither problem really, it is only due to a difference in the signals produced between the two.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #8
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
Hmm, in a way it is neither problem really, it is only due to a difference in the signals produced between the two.

Kieren
The radio puts out the industry standard pulse width, that is simply all it can do. It is Hitec who is trying to manipulate that differently than normal. Therefore if you have the EPA's set to the max there is nothing else the radio can do and it is completely the problem of the Hitec.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

i have the same radio, servo, and programmer. i have had zero problems. i get full lock on my axial bta. so i am with Harley here, its the servo...
bigjay1973 is offline   Reply With Quote