Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual Fxr setup one motor WAY faster than other

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Dual Fxr setup one motor WAY faster than other. Help Please.

I switched from single fxr/punk to dual fxr's today and got everything wired up and running on a 4pk per Harley's setup. All working great EXCEPT that the rear motor turns way faster than the rear. I know the first thing was to double check and yes both front and rear pinions are 12t on my berg axles. Mesh is the same front/rear also. Its not just a little either it seems like its 3 teeth different. I had to slow the rear down to 70% just to get them to spin at close to the same rpm as the fronts. Before I installed the fxr's I programmed them to be identical with my Hotwire programmer so I dont think that is an issue. Any suggestions would be great as this is my first time setting up dual esc's.

Last edited by Illeagle; 12-03-2010 at 08:41 PM.
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Did you program the radio throttle endpoints to the ESCs? Are the motors timed the same?
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I had the same problem at first, i re calibrated the two escs and then it worked perfectly
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I don't know how to time the motors but I DID NOT calibrate each esc to the radio. Going to try that now. Thanks a bunch I'm sure that will do it.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:23 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

If you are using normal brushed motors then they are 0 timed, So there is nothing you need to do there,

Set your esc's up one at a time, depending on how you wired your set up try to not have power to both esc's at the same time.
aaugman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaugman View Post
If you are using normal brushed motors then they are 0 timed, So there is nothing you need to do there,

Set your esc's up one at a time, depending on how you wired your set up try to not have power to both esc's at the same time.
Hmmm that will be a little tricky because I soldered the power input wires to both esc's and installed them already. So one battery power plug powers them both up at once. So how (other than unsoldering) can you calibrate EACH esc w/o powering them both at the same time?
Old 12-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #7
cherry bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Hmmm that will be a little tricky because I soldered the power input wires to both esc's and installed them already. So one battery power plug powers them both up at once. So how (other than unsoldering) can you calibrate EACH esc w/o powering them both at the same time?
then unplug it from the RX, it wont program if its not getting input, do that to both, then once they are both set to the radio, plug it all back in proper and should be good...

makes sence to me
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:26 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred0000 View Post
then unplug it from the RX, it wont program if its not getting input, do that to both, then once they are both set to the radio, plug it all back in proper and should be good...

makes sence to me
Good Call.

Damn I love this forum!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
cherry bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Good Call.

Damn I love this forum!
for sure, good luck and I hope it works out for you, I know how frustrating it can be to solder up a rig then have to go through and change or redo it all. never looks near as good the 2nd time.
fred0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 12:44 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Calibrating each individually DID fix the issue. Thanks alot you guys for your quick responses and fred I did the calibration as you suggested and worked perfectly. thanks again for the assitance. Noob error but I just overlooked it.